I've finally managed to root the son of a bitch! I used the Universal GB Root kit but with a small modification: I've added the GT-S5690 phone model to the getprop statements at the beginning of the file "META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script" assuming that it should work as well on this Samsung model. Well... it did work!
Here is the patched version of Universal GB Root:
Here is the code (in red
) that I've added to the "META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script":
getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-B7510" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5690" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-S5690"
Please post some feedback here, whether you succeed or not to root the phone using this workaround. I will let StoneBoyTony know about this, so he can integrate it in the official release of the Universal GB Root tool, if the solution proves to be stable and usable (so far I am the first to confirm that it works).