Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,023 Members 40,744 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy xCover S5690 ROOT

Tip us?

NinjaCookie
Old
(Last edited by NinjaCookie; 24th February 2013 at 10:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakpaker View Post
Tried Super One Click? Always install your phone drivers before using Super One Click
Can't find

Navoj042175
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Link2sd

has any body been able to install Link2sd on this phone and what type of partition are using? FAT16 EXT2, 3

Navoj042175
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Re: [Q] Samsung Galaxy xCover S5690 ROOT

Ok I got Ext2 working, any recovery digestion?

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using xda premium

870deans
Old
Thanks Meter 5
No clockwork mod recovery no custom roms as of yet. there is a overclock kernel on another forum that tried to flash but didn't work. Seems very difficult for developers to port anything for this device as as far as i know there's no development at the moment
The Following User Says Thank You to 870deans For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abumaha
Old
Thanks Meter 22
how long take wake up mode

for me to long

2-3 seconds

VeeDaub
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Has anyone been able to get a successful download of Universal GB ROOT v26??! My little brothers phone is full of Rogers junk and he wants to clean it up a bit and remove the blotware and from what I've been reading, v26 is what seems to be the best but all of the threads, sites, downloads I've found all link to the same two sites which require you to do a survey to download. I tried one link and the surveys won't open and on the second site all of the surveys want my mobile number and in the fine print it says there are additional charges of $5 CAD or more so screw that..

Does anyone have something like it that is confirmed working for this phone? I tried the ones in this thread and every single one gives me and error saying "error: status 7" so I'm at a loss on what to do.

I'm nearing the point of just getting rid of his phone and buying a Nexus 4 and calling it a day, I spent all day looking into this and I've nearly given up at this point.

Any idea's? It's a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Touch, it's he Canadian variant (GT-S5690M/GT-S5690R) of the xCover (GT-S5690) so this should work just fine and I get the same error every time with every method in this thread. The only one I haven't tried is Universal GB ROOT v26 but I can't download it, the survey's just will not work for me on multiple computers so I think the host sites are broken.

Any other alternatives to this I could try?
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Model: SGH-I747/M - ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies - Kernel: Stock - Storage: 16GB + 64GB SDXC
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Model: SM-N900W8 - ROM: Rooted TW 4.3 - Kernel: Stock - Storage: 32GB + 64GB SDXC - KNOX: 0x1
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Model: SM-N900W8 - ROM: CyanogenMod 11 M8 - Kernel: Stock - Storage: 32GB + 64GB SDXC - KNOX: 0x0

LastStandingDroid
Old
(Last edited by LastStandingDroid; 15th May 2013 at 06:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDaub View Post
Has anyone been able to get a successful download of Universal GB ROOT v26??! My little brothers phone is full of Rogers junk and he wants to clean it up a bit and remove the blotware and from what I've been reading, v26 is what seems to be the best but all of the threads, sites, downloads I've found all link to the same two sites which require you to do a survey to download. I tried one link and the surveys won't open and on the second site all of the surveys want my mobile number and in the fine print it says there are additional charges of $5 CAD or more so screw that..

Does anyone have something like it that is confirmed working for this phone? I tried the ones in this thread and every single one gives me and error saying "error: status 7" so I'm at a loss on what to do.

I'm nearing the point of just getting rid of his phone and buying a Nexus 4 and calling it a day, I spent all day looking into this and I've nearly given up at this point.

Any idea's? It's a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Touch, it's he Canadian variant (GT-S5690M/GT-S5690R) of the xCover (GT-S5690) so this should work just fine and I get the same error every time with every method in this thread. The only one I haven't tried is Universal GB ROOT v26 but I can't download it, the survey's just will not work for me on multiple computers so I think the host sites are broken.

Any other alternatives to this I could try?
Is it root you need? maybe not that difficult i'll try

heres a working root zip http://www.mediafire.com/?evpat96iaoouo4t flash with stock recovery
S5 Stock ROM SM-G900D ^__

Proud User Of

Ubimo
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Is there a clockwork recovery or custom ROM or cyanogenmod for this phone?

neveryman
Old
(Last edited by neveryman; 28th June 2013 at 06:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Ok I got Ext2 working, any recovery digestion?

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using xda premium

How did you manage Link2SD w ext2 ? Does stock kernel recognize ext2 ?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

xkawer
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by neveryman View Post
Does stock kernel recognize ext2 ?
Yes, it works with Link2SD on stock.

The Following User Says Thank You to xkawer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]