No registration required

[Q] Samsung Galaxy xCover S5690 ROOT

OP xenux55

24th February 2013, 07:39 AM   |  #201  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakpaker

Tried Super One Click? Always install your phone drivers before using Super One Click

Can't find
Last edited by NinjaCookie; 24th February 2013 at 11:43 AM.
1st March 2013, 02:28 AM   |  #202  
Miami FL.
Thanks Meter: 12

237 posts
More
Link2sd
has any body been able to install Link2sd on this phone and what type of partition are using? FAT16 EXT2, 3
2nd March 2013, 04:20 AM   |  #203  
Miami FL.

237 posts
More
Re: [Q] Samsung Galaxy xCover S5690 ROOT
Ok I got Ext2 working, any recovery digestion?

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using xda premium
2nd March 2013, 12:09 PM   |  #204  
Thanks Meter: 5

41 posts
More
No clockwork mod recovery no custom roms as of yet. there is a overclock kernel on another forum that tried to flash but didn't work. Seems very difficult for developers to port anything for this device as as far as i know there's no development at the moment
The Following User Says Thank You to 870deans For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2013, 07:11 PM   |  #205  
Thanks Meter: 24

834 posts
how long take wake up mode

for me to long

2-3 seconds
14th May 2013, 07:37 AM   |  #206  
Flag Canada, Earth.
Thanks Meter: 11

54 posts
Donate to Me
More
Has anyone been able to get a successful download of Universal GB ROOT v26??! My little brothers phone is full of Rogers junk and he wants to clean it up a bit and remove the blotware and from what I've been reading, v26 is what seems to be the best but all of the threads, sites, downloads I've found all link to the same two sites which require you to do a survey to download. I tried one link and the surveys won't open and on the second site all of the surveys want my mobile number and in the fine print it says there are additional charges of $5 CAD or more so screw that..

Does anyone have something like it that is confirmed working for this phone? I tried the ones in this thread and every single one gives me and error saying "error: status 7" so I'm at a loss on what to do.

I'm nearing the point of just getting rid of his phone and buying a Nexus 4 and calling it a day, I spent all day looking into this and I've nearly given up at this point.

Any idea's? It's a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Touch, it's he Canadian variant (GT-S5690M/GT-S5690R) of the xCover (GT-S5690) so this should work just fine and I get the same error every time with every method in this thread. The only one I haven't tried is Universal GB ROOT v26 but I can't download it, the survey's just will not work for me on multiple computers so I think the host sites are broken.

Any other alternatives to this I could try?
15th May 2013, 02:31 PM   |  #207  
Thanks Meter: 2,382

4,451 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDaub

Has anyone been able to get a successful download of Universal GB ROOT v26??! My little brothers phone is full of Rogers junk and he wants to clean it up a bit and remove the blotware and from what I've been reading, v26 is what seems to be the best but all of the threads, sites, downloads I've found all link to the same two sites which require you to do a survey to download. I tried one link and the surveys won't open and on the second site all of the surveys want my mobile number and in the fine print it says there are additional charges of $5 CAD or more so screw that..

Does anyone have something like it that is confirmed working for this phone? I tried the ones in this thread and every single one gives me and error saying "error: status 7" so I'm at a loss on what to do.

I'm nearing the point of just getting rid of his phone and buying a Nexus 4 and calling it a day, I spent all day looking into this and I've nearly given up at this point.

Any idea's? It's a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Touch, it's he Canadian variant (GT-S5690M/GT-S5690R) of the xCover (GT-S5690) so this should work just fine and I get the same error every time with every method in this thread. The only one I haven't tried is Universal GB ROOT v26 but I can't download it, the survey's just will not work for me on multiple computers so I think the host sites are broken.

Any other alternatives to this I could try?

Is it root you need? maybe not that difficult i'll try

heres a working root zip http://www.mediafire.com/?evpat96iaoouo4t flash with stock recovery
Last edited by LastStandingDroid; 15th May 2013 at 07:48 PM.
11th June 2013, 03:40 PM   |  #208  
Thanks Meter: 51

238 posts
Is there a clockwork recovery or custom ROM or cyanogenmod for this phone?
28th June 2013, 12:24 AM   |  #209  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Ok I got Ext2 working, any recovery digestion?

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using xda premium

How did you manage Link2SD w ext2 ? Does stock kernel recognize ext2 ?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by neveryman; 28th June 2013 at 07:20 PM.
1st July 2013, 12:01 AM   |  #210  

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neveryman

Does stock kernel recognize ext2 ?

Yes, it works with Link2SD on stock.

The Following User Says Thank You to xkawer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread