More
To uhugyorgy

What is your firmware???

13th February 2012, 11:03 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Root explore
What about root explorer?
What version i can install,Idownloaded the latest version and not working.
Can you help me?

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

My firmware is GINGERBREAD.XXLA1
official.alkon@androide#37

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Sorry .Root explorer working 2.7 version
13th February 2012, 11:07 AM |#23  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 59

More
You should be able to install the market version of Root Explorer and it should work whether the phone is rooted or not. The only difference is that with a rooted phone you can access the root (/) filesystem and all other locations where only the root user has access.
Do you see the Superuser app in the Applications menu?
The Following User Says Thank You to tlc76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2012, 11:14 AM |#24  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
To tlc76
I have to Android system recovery 3e

The error that comemuot while rotting is :

E: unknow volume for path [ /dbda
ta]

-- Apling Muti-CSC --
-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborder.
13th February 2012, 11:14 AM |#25  

More
My yahoo adress is like username @yahoo can you add me in contact list ?
13th February 2012, 11:18 AM |#26  
OP Junior Member

More
somebody can put rotting file in other place ( non depositfile).
Thanks!
Last edited by xenux55; 13th February 2012 at 11:26 AM.
13th February 2012, 11:24 AM |#27  

More
The root is working .I want to copy the bml15 file to unblock orange

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

tlc76 if you want to add me in contact list Im from Romania
13th February 2012, 01:20 PM |#28  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Mirror: http://uploading.com/files/8m63916d/...for_S5690.zip/

xenux55: most likely you have an incomplete file. Please test it on your PC using WinZip/7Zip or any other archive manager BEFORE you try to install it via the phone's recovery interface.

uhugyorgy: are you sure that bml15 is the file in charge with the sim lock on Galaxy Xcover S5690 phone model?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlc76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2012, 03:15 PM |#29  
OP Junior Member

More
It's Work!!!
13th February 2012, 07:57 PM |#30  

More
Please give thanks for tlc76 if you rooted sucesfully
13th February 2012, 09:17 PM |#31  

More
Answers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc76

It seems that you have a newer fw version (LA6 = 2012 january build #6). I have KL3 (that is 2011 december build #3). But it should make no difference. Only the recovery program can possibly affect the install process. My Xcover came with the "Android system recovery 3e" version installed (check the top line of text while in recovery).

Please post the error messages that you encounter while installing the update.

Multumesc/thanks!

No need to rename the Universal_GB_ROOT_v5_patched_for_S5690.zip to update.zip (at least in my case).

TO ALL:
- in order to access the standard recovery program that came with the phone, you can fire up an "adb reboot recovery" command with the phone connected via micro-usb cable AND the "USB debugging" option enabled;
- I've also applied the UNROOT update and it also worked: the root access was removed (sqlite3, su*, sh, busybox and the Superuser.apk were removed) .

EDIT: I rooted AND IT WORKED!! Now I'm answering my own questions for all other people here (:

Thanks to tlc76 for uploading the file and helping us to root it out (:
I haven't personally (yet) tried to root my Xcover S-5690 phone, but taking a quick look I had same firmware with you and so on, so I can't wait to getting my phone rooted!

I have previously tried rooting with few kits but this Universal GB Root is new to me. Now I'm currently figuring out how to apply this root, since it doesn't have any .bat (or simpler .exe) files at all. I couldn't find anything by searching this Universal GB Root kit on Google nor Android Market. I'm not that familiar with rooting so could you PLEAASEEE=) give me more detail instructions on "How to apply this root - for dummies?"

Now it ain't that simple that I just throw these files on my phone, right? o.O

TL;DR - How to apply this Root kit?

Quote:

EDIT: Answer

Simply place the .zip file provided by tlc76 on your SD-card - no matter where, I placed it to "downloads" folder.
Then, enter the recovery mode, and select "apply update from SD-card" or something similar - go to the folder where your .zip file is, navigating with volume buttons and using home key as an "enter", and just select the file and press your "home" key.

Also two bonus questions:

How to enter the Recovery/Boot menu on Xcover?? My friend's Gio has the simple "Power button & Home button down, and release power button after it boots" and it's fairly simple. This, or any other (like volume up key) hasn't worked for me :S and since Xcover is fairly new phone and it doesn't have sub-forums here, I haven't found alot of information on that.

Quote:

I could only enter to recovery menu by installing first Java SDK, then Android SDK, and then following guide at wiki.cyanogenmod.com - how to install the Android SDK (yeah, giving the right parameters @control panel actually IS quite confusing) step by step until step 10, and after that I opened my windows command-shell (type cmd to your windows search bar on Win7) and then I typed simple line: adb reboot recovery

And damn me - it worked! It rebooted to recovery menu and I installed this root .zip file from there (:

And the second question:
"You can fire up an "adb reboot recovery" command with the phone connected via micro-usb cable AND the "USB debugging" option enabled;"

Where can I enter that command? On Windows CMD-prompt?

Quote:

See the previous answer.

Thanks for reading my post and I hope it clarifies the rooting process on Samsung Xcover GT-S5690 - I rooted it with .zip file by tlc76, and IT WORKS!! And a special thanks for tlc76, give his user a big thanks so he gets his status up, his .zip file really worked!
Last edited by falleze; 13th February 2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Simplifying the post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falleze For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)