Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 46,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Yes, you can install a maxx battery in your Razr!

Tip us?

wardo5757
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Yes, you can install a maxx battery in your Razr!

For everyone wondering if the original razr can accept the razr maxx battery, the answer is YES! Ive taken both of mine apart, and it would appear that the battery compartments are identical, but the one on the maxx is deeper ofcourse. So then I took the rear cover from the max and put it on the razr, it fit perfectly but there was a gap between the sim card door and cover, the gap isnít that bad as you can see in the pictures. So, if you can find a maxx battery and rear cover, do the mod! And for all asking if it would be worth it. The answer is hell yes!!!!

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to wardo5757 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marsonist
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Is it possible, by chance, to swap battery doors as well? It would be great to make a full conversion using only OEM components.

tycol
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks! It looks great!!!

xxspark89xx
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsonist View Post
Is it possible, by chance, to swap battery doors as well? It would be great to make a full conversion using only OEM components.
Yeah, because I am guessing that gap may hinder the water-proofing characteristics of the phone, perhaps?
Motorola Droid RAZR HD Maxx

wardo5757
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsonist View Post
i would assume so, howerver i dont know how to pull the door off...all moto did was add more plastic to surround the bigger battery on the maxx. everything else is identical. i took the cover from razr maxx and put it on the razr, it fit perfectly butit would push in to the battery. i think if you had the bigger battery the rear cover would be solid as on the razr as it is on the razr maxx.
if i can find the battery, or if anyone has a link, i will buy the maxx battery, cover and door. i want to try this out also...

xxspark89xx
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Also to add, as I've mentioned here on the support forums:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/4c...8997e&start=31

That Motorola should provide a send in service to upgrade your phone's battery - keeping your warranty - for a small fee (cost for parts, labor, and shipping; i.e. ~ $100?)

If I was in that scenario, I would certainly pay for that - beats shelling out for a new phone.
Motorola Droid RAZR HD Maxx

wardo5757
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxspark89xx View Post
Also to add, as I've mentioned here on the support forums:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/4c...8997e&start=31

That Motorola should provide a send in service to upgrade your phone's battery - keeping your warranty - for a small fee (cost for parts, labor, and shipping; i.e. ~ $100?)

If I was in that scenario, I would certainly pay for that - beats shelling out for a new phone.
while i dont agree with your reason for motorola offering a battery upgrade on the droid razr. I DO agree that they should, they should do it for parts and labor, it would go a LONG way in customer relations.

HaVoK C89
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Hmm... Guess I'll be on the hunt for a busted up RAZR MAXX here after awhile lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App

stupidchicken03
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Nice! I wanna find one now

onslaught86
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Excellent, thank you for being brave enough to try this out. Now we just have to hope that OEM parts will become available - sooner, rather than later.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium
- onslaught86

Visit scenic AndroidNZ.net for news, reviews, and how-to's

HTC Apache PPC6700=>HTC Titan PPC6800=>Samsung Omnia i900=>TMOUS HTC HD2=>Galaxy S Vibrant=>Galaxy S i9000=>Galaxy S II i9100=>Motorola RAZR XT910=>Motorola Electrify=>Galaxy S III i9300=>Galaxy Note II N7100=>Galaxy Note 3 N9005