What you'll need:
Any Android phone with CWM5 installed
For S2E - A CyanogenMod rom running on your phone. (Doesn't matter if a custom rom based on CM7 or CM7 itself. If S2E doesn't work, contact your rom's developer.)
Step by Step Guide
This part of the guide can be used simply to just make a partition on your SD. You don't have to use S2E which is completely optional. You can use any other app that fits your needs.
- Backup your SD card data to PC before start partitioning.
- Power on your phone
- Hold the Home and Power button
- Use volume down button to go down to ‘advanced’.
- Then press home button
- Select ‘Partition SD Card’.
- Select the ext size that you want (128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M, 2048M or 4096M). (I use 256MB)
- Select 0M as the Swap Size.
- Copy back your data to SD card.
- That’s all
- Go to CM settings and check 'Application moving'
- Install S2E
- Check the'Applications' box
- Check the 'Dalvic Cache' box
- Reboot your phone
For INT2EXT+ (For CM10.1 check this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1121)
- Download from the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1716124
- Place it on the root of the SD
- Make sure you delete ANY A2SD you have in your init.d folder.
- Boot up CWM5
- Mount system and data
- Look for it and flash it (In "Install zip from SD")
- Format SD EXT (In mounts and storage)
- Reboot your phone
- Download the file attached to the first post here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1310309
- Delete any A2SD scripts you might already have on your phone in the init.d folder
- Extract the zip and put the script in the init.d folder
- Change permissions to rw-r-r or to rwxrwxrwx if the first one doesn't work for you.
I DO NOT USE LINK2SD OR RECOMMEND IT EITHER SO DON'T ASK.
When you reboot, it will take some time because of the Dalvic cache being moved to the SD card. When you install something, it will be installed automatically in the SD card, resulting in a completely empty internal storage.
NOTE FOR S2E: Some widgets or applications that have widgets, don't work while installed in the SD card. Those must be moved to the internal storage. The same thing applies to any themes you're using, launcher, camera apps, or anything else you believe should be installed internally.
NOTE 2: Please also keep in mind that when you reboot your phone (or turn it on) anything installed in the SD won't work until the phone is done scanning the SD card and confirms the item is installed.
NOTE 3: To delete the partition, you'll have to format the whole SD card. For that you have to use the Android Settings>Storage>Format SD. Any other way and the partition WILL NOT be erased. Make sure you back up before doing this.
S2E and AMARULLZ work with CM BASED ROMS ONLY but INT2EXT is UNIVERSAL.
You can try DarkTremor's script which is the same thing basically but I don't really know how to set it up so you'll have to find your own guide. And Links2SD doesn't free up that much memory but at least its something.
Please read this post carefully before asking any questions. I will ignore EVERY QUESTION who's answer is on this post.
Thanks to DavySML125 for the CM10.1 tip.
Fun fact: I use my own guide every time I flash a new rom :P