4th February 2012, 12:20 PM   |  #31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bani, Dominican Republic
Thanks Meter: 1,352

3,640 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaykheltan

It only shows 7 GB frmatting it only cleans the 7 GB how can i restore it to 8GB??

Lmfao you can never have the full 8GB. The micro SD takes some space in order to work. Just how 1TB hard drives take about 200MB+ to work. So you never have The full 1,024GB.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperAce609 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2012, 12:20 PM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member

3,640 posts
More
Quote:

if ever i didn't like the new setup of my sdcard W/ EXT can i return it to the old one W/O EXT ?? just a question before i try this ^^

Yeah, you can erase the partition back. Just make sure to back up if you need to.
4th February 2012, 12:26 PM   |  #33  
OP Senior Member

3,640 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushyang

Thanks for the guide! My question is: What about the current Apps2SD data moved to SDCard? I'm puzzled because I see current data of apps' in /mnt/asec & my SDCard data in /mnt/sdcard/ ( or just /sdcard/ in other words).

1) When backing up the whole SDCard's data, will current Apps2SD data also be backed up? (I read certain times, to perform full backup of SDCard, it's better to use card reader than USB Storage through phone.. Will I be needing Card Reader here?)

2) I often reboot my phone in applying these twicks. The thing that irritates me most is, "Slow Boot Time". It takes at least 3 minutes which feels like 3 hours and I find it hard to stand it. What do you do to improve boot time?

Thanks again for this tutorial.

(PS: I certainly do understand stupidity of some questions which gets peeved us. I'll try to ask much less as I could. We all much appreciate your work here.)

The current one, being? It depends which one you're using. If you're using the stock one, then it won't work. It doesn't free up as much memory as what I did in the guide does. This method completely frees up your internal memory, other than the widgets you need installed internally in order for them to work.

You don't need an SD card reader, you can just connect your phone via usb, and copy everything in the SD to a folder in your pc. Doing that, I believe will also copy the app data that the phone was already using by storing to the sd which also will be moved automatically when you apply this guide.

Hehe, that booting time my friend, depends on everything you have installed on your phone. A perfect example is, if you have EVERYTHING installed internally, your phone will automatically boot as soon as you turn it back on. But since the phone takes time scanning the SD card before booting and everything is installed in the SD, you can already know that logically, will result in a longer scanning (booting) time. That's why every time you reboot, the icons look weird. That's because the phone hasn't scanned them and determined whether they're installed or not. So either way, that "slow boot" is a must every time you reboot your phone otherwise it will not work with everything in the sd card.

Any more questions?
5th February 2012, 12:31 AM   |  #34  
Flag Pampanga
Thanks Meter: 1

61 posts
More
how to remove ext partition??? please help
The Following User Says Thank You to mhaykheltan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2012, 12:38 AM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member

3,640 posts
More
Quote:

how to remove ext partition??? please help

In the same menu where you made the partition. Look for the option that says 'Wipe partition' or something.
7th February 2012, 04:47 AM   |  #36  
Flag Yogyakarta - Tembagapura
Thanks Meter: 13

112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAce609

In the same menu where you made the partition. Look for the option that says 'Wipe partition' or something.

or follow this tutorial , because CWM has no 0 size ext partition option (swap has the 0 size option)
http://androidandme.com/2009/08/news...ndroid-apps2sd

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote:

It only shows 7 GB frmatting it only cleans the 7 GB how can i restore it to 8GB??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAce609

Lmfao you can never have the full 8GB. The micro SD takes some space in order to work. Just how 1TB hard drives take about 200MB+ to work. So you never have The full 1,024GB.

adb shell parted show 8031MB for my 8GB sd card
if it is show 7.5GB or less, so it still have ext partition which can not be read except with partition tools. Please refer to my above post

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushyang

Thanks for the guide! My question is: What about the current Apps2SD data moved to SDCard? I'm puzzled because I see current data of apps' in /mnt/asec & my SDCard data in /mnt/sdcard/ ( or just /sdcard/ in other words).

1) When backing up the whole SDCard's data, will current Apps2SD data also be backed up? (I read certain times, to perform full backup of SDCard, it's better to use card reader than USB Storage through phone.. Will I be needing Card Reader here?)

2) I often reboot my phone in applying these twicks. The thing that irritates me most is, "Slow Boot Time". It takes at least 3 minutes which feels like 3 hours and I find it hard to stand it. What do you do to improve boot time?

Thanks again for this tutorial.

(PS: I certainly do understand stupidity of some questions which gets peeved us. I'll try to ask much less as I could. We all much appreciate your work here.)

this is a2sd with ext partition. do you currently have ext partition on your sd card?
the app will be installed in sd-ext instead of sdcard.
what sd card class do you use now? recommend to have class 10 sd card. because with ext partition, the sd card will be the internal memory extention. so it must have high speed read-write.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by immy28

Tell me .. Other way to moving .. Like that .. In razr ui .. Pls help .. I try all and i also 10+ time format and partition my sd .. Guide me ...plz .. Tx advanch ..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

I have the mounting problem also with link2sd, using CM7.2 by vo. I confuse with linked-linked
now I am using S2E. It work by it self, no need my influence. And I satisfy using it.
Last edited by dianpadi; 7th February 2012 at 04:12 AM.
21st February 2012, 06:15 AM   |  #37  
Flag Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 31

140 posts
More
thanks, thats what i looking for
21st February 2012, 12:56 PM   |  #38  
Flag Jakarta City
Thanks Meter: 52

407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by immy28

Sory .. Again me... I have prob . With ... Mount script error...mount script can not b created...mount:mounting/dev/block/vold/179:2 on data sdex2 failed: device or resource is busy....or mount not fount ... When i flash razr ui.. Then this msg is come .. I can not linked. ... Help me ... Tx in advance..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA App

Use dta2sd in razrui. It works for me...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium
22nd February 2012, 01:26 PM   |  #39  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 8

49 posts
More
Smile
thank you for such a wonderful tip for moving apps on sd card
it certainly increased my internal memory
24th February 2012, 02:49 AM   |  #40  
Flag Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 31

140 posts
More
a little confuse about it, I've done the steps above carefully. partitioned 512MB, install S2E, then reboot my phone.
Then, I try to install sort of big size application on my phone, but my internal memory still reduced, and on sd-ext reduced too...

can you explain by detail how this application works? because i really like this trick to expand my low internal memory phone, thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to kindroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread