Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,414 Members 49,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] SwitchMe secure login manager needs A500 testers please!

Tip us?

ftgg99
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 2045
Default [App] SwitchMe secure login manager needs A500 testers please!

Hi everyone. Im one of the developers of SwitchMe, and app that allows multiple secure logins into separate installations of android on a single device. The pr is after the break.

I really need a few people to check into some issues people on the A500 have been experiencing. There are some warnings involved:

- testers must perform a full nandroid backup before using the app, it is not our responsibility if you start getting boot loops

- if you report results or bugs, please use the "Write to us" function in the app whenever possible, and always describe the issue in the header of the logs you send

- if you post here, be sure to include your device type and rom

- if you have apps installed on sd, be sure to mention that as well

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple installations of Android just as you would on a desktop computer.

The technology behind SwitchMe saves all of your applications and data, protects it and stores it as a file in memory. You can then log out of an
account and log into a fresh installation of Android or another account with its own unique content.

You may create as many profiles as the memory is capable of holding. Some of these may require very little free memory because they contain few apps,
others will be larger as they contain many applications and lots of cache and data.

Why is this functionality useful?

Privacy - the most obvious benefit is that you can securely share one device among multiple users, which gives you privacy and peace of mind.
Testing - if you are a developer, you can use profiles as clean sandboxes to test your applications and their interaction with the system.
Gaming with multiple installations of Android on a single device, you can now play online MMOs as different characters.
Speed - the games your kids play slow down your tablet, but with SwitchMe you can easily create profiles without games or instant messengers.
Battery life - when the battery is low but there are important emails or documents to edit later, switch to a profile which only contains these essentials.

These of course are only suggestions - there are plenty of other uses for the functionality SwitchMe offers.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?i....apps.switchme

The Lite version allows the creation of two profiles, enough to test on.

Screens:

The Following User Says Thank You to ftgg99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JdgM3NT4L
Old
Thanks Meter 197
So far so good. I'm using ezterry's simple stock rom that has root. I've been able to switch between profiles without any problems. The only thing that I've noticed that was strange happened to the app Full Screen Launcher. After the first switch from my original profile to my new profile and then back to original. My folders, shortcuts widgets and anything, other than what was there as default when the app was first launched on the desktop disappeared. This only happened on the first switch. Once I added the shortcuts and stuff back and then tried again the were as they should be. So that's really not an issue. Gameloft games that are moved to sd card via GL to SD from the Market seem to work as well.

Is there anything specific that you want checked? I'd give a few things a shot if you have something in mind. So far, I can't find anything wrong with my setup. And the app is pretty neat. Kinda cool having a fresh tablet to play with. It's even neater that I can just switch back to my profile with all of my junk.
Immortal... For a Limited Time.

Ever wonder what that adb thing is all about? Check this> ADB guide by iamareebjamal.
The Following User Says Thank You to JdgM3NT4L For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Somairotevoli
Old
(Last edited by Somairotevoli; 4th February 2012 at 08:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 255
Just what i've been looking for, will test tonight

Device Iconia A500 16gb
ROM Thor's ics v96
have internal and external 32gb swapped

Everything working as should including fast switching.
Takes less than minute to switch.
was also able to clone without issue.
Key has been purchased.
Thanks for this!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Somairotevoli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ftgg99
Old
Thanks Meter 2045
Thank you! Please rate the app - just press the little star button at the top of the main interface.

Good ratings help us invest more in apps and give users with similar hardware peace of mind.

Thanks in advance!

Moscow Desire
Old
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Thanks Meter 5896

DONATE TO ME
Why only for the a500?

If you wish for some 501 testing, let me know.

MD

Want to avoid a vacation to the Frostlands? Then Follow the XDA Rules Here

Though I walk among the trolls, I fear them not, for I am the Troll King
Killen dem Trolls since 2011
Acer Iconia A701***A501***ExPlay X-Tremer***HTC Desire***Desire S

ftgg99
Old
Thanks Meter 2045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire View Post
Why only for the a500?

If you wish for some 501 testing, let me know.

MD
Sure, why not.

Are you a programmer? We are hiring in moscow at the moment!

spike1969
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Excellent app. Tested yesterday on honeylicious and purchased key. Keep up the good work :)

Not found any issues as yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to spike1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ftgg99
Old
Thanks Meter 2045
Thanks. If you like it, please rate it on the market, that helps a lot.

ftgg99
Old
Thanks Meter 2045
Any issues to report or is everything working flawlessly as usual?

ftgg99
Old
Thanks Meter 2045
SwitchMe 1.2 has been rolled out and now includes a lockscreen replacement:

Added lock screen for logging in and out
More stable Fast switch implementation
Reworked UI colors

Now, its very important that we get some feedback on how this big new feature works, so please read up on it in the help and post your thoughts!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe