[App] SwitchMe Root Profile Manager needs Flyer testers please!
Hi everyone. Im one of the developers of SwitchMe, and app that allows multiple secure logins into separate installations of android on a single device. The pr is after the break.
I really need a few people to check into some issues people on the Flyer have been experiencing. There are some warnings involved:
- testers must perform a full nandroid backup before using the app, it is not our responsibility if you start getting boot loops
- if you report results or bugs, please use the "Write to us" function in the app whenever possible, and always describe the issue in the header of the logs you send
- if you post here, bes sure to include your device type and rom
- if you have apps installed on sd, be sure to mention that as well
SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple installations of Android just as you would on a desktop computer.
The technology behind SwitchMe saves all of your applications and data, protects it and stores it as a file in memory. You can then log out of an
account and log into a fresh installation of Android or another account with its own unique content.
You may create as many profiles as the memory is capable of holding. Some of these may require very little free memory because they contain few apps,
others will be larger as they contain many applications and lots of cache and data.
Why is this functionality useful?
- the most obvious benefit is that you can securely share one device among multiple users, which gives you privacy and peace of mind.
- if you are a developer, you can use profiles as clean sandboxes to test your applications and their interaction with the system.
– with multiple installations of Android on a single device, you can now play online MMOs as different characters.
- the games your kids play slow down your tablet, but with SwitchMe you can easily create profiles without games or instant messengers.
- when the battery is low but there are important emails or documents to edit later, switch
to a profile which only contains these essentials.
These of course are only suggestions - there are plenty of other uses for the functionality SwitchMe offers.
The Lite version allows the creation of two profiles, enough to test on.