OP Misledz

3rd February 2012, 09:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Cebu City, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 8,359

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
This may or may not work for most but this worked heavily for my 2 units that had the same issue. One with a broken nvflash, the other that faced a bootloop and never booted up again. Took almost a week and I felt almost all hope was gone because the bloody service centre's refused to accept the unit's as they were not purchased from the region, rather online. Scumbag Samsung .

[!] This is usually a 90% fix for both broken nvflashes/deep sleep of death, considering you haven't drowned your Tab by now with no hope . I ask that you kindly attempt this once if you haven't before you QQ to the nearest Samsung center like I did.

- Drain your tablet

And by all mean's do so, The quickest way to get this done in less than 2 days or so (Depending on the battery percent charged) is to get a clear tape and tape around the power button pressed.

- Testing if you have drained it completely/Taped it right.

Connect the tablet via USB to your PC, make sure you have the NV Driver files [http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=1130574]

Just install the driver and proceed to the step where it asks about holding down the [Power button] +[ Volume+] and wait for the constant USB connect/disconnect sounds. It also helps to look at Device Manager to see if it still pops up.

When the battery is completely drained it will stop popping up in the device manager, and your ready to go.

MOST IMPORTANT STEP

You have only 1 and only 1 chance per drain to get this done right. Plug it into the socket charger and see if the charging icon should come up, after being fully drained you should see the charge icon should pop up [100% tested and works, this step is annoying but it's the tablet version of taking out the battery and popping it back in] and what ever you do, DON'T BOOT IT UP NORMALLY, instead press [Power Button] + [Volume -] keys and let go when you see the logo to get into fastboot mode.

Select the android buddy with the [Volume +] key and it will boot into Download Mode.

From here on out everything is easy sailing. Get the right firmware and Odin and flash the firmware you require. It doesn't matter what region you are from, the tablet is made to accept any regional firmware BUT the model number should be the same. Which mean's 7500 for 7500 ONLY.

Edit: Since you have only one chance per drain, I suggest you flash a stock firmware rather than flashing CWM to save it, Because CWM would only fix the recovery, It wouldn't fix the damaged bln. The fastest way to get a stock firmware is grabbing the stock firmware from the Overcome thread
Last edited by Misledz; 8th February 2012 at 11:46 AM.
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Misledz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2012, 01:27 PM   |  #2  
Sydney, NSW
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Will taking the battery out work ? or do i have to drain the battery then turn it on ?

and for the duct tape, only power button ? because my computer won't recognise my tablet unless i use the APX mode which is (Power + Volume up), in that case i guess i have to table both power and vol down ??
5th February 2012, 05:43 PM   |  #3  

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
There's no way to remove the battery since it's like hardbound inside. Drain it to turn it on sir.

Yeah you should get it plugged via APX mode. Press it for 15 secs both then connect it via USB, After that you can hold it down via tape, the power button only.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misledz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2012, 12:59 AM   |  #4  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 1

106 posts
More
Maraming salamat po!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Thank you very much)

I have tried so many ways....but this may actually works..
6th February 2012, 09:12 AM   |  #5  

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
So did you get it working? If it did I'm glad for you
7th February 2012, 01:00 AM   |  #6  
Sydney, NSW

14 posts
More
tried it for the first time, didn't work and i'm giving it another try. I taped the power button to drain the battery completely, i'm gonna leave it for another day. Then tape both (power and vol +) and plug into the computer until it stops popping up ? then plug it into the socket to see if the charging icon show up ?

am i doing it right ?

my tablet is a galaxy 10.1V
7th February 2012, 01:35 PM   |  #7  

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nono, Just the power button to clear the power cycle, No need to tape the volume button, Once it's in the APX mode, you just need to hold down power button and it will keep looping. when it stops appearing in device manager, It's completely drained. Actually, once it's completely drained, you need to plug it via socket charger to see if the charge icon shows up :] Then you're ready for Odin :]
8th February 2012, 07:50 AM   |  #8  

9 posts
Thanks so much for the helpful post, and detailed instructions.

I've drained my battery, 100% - confirmed by connecting to PC, not detected. Plugged it into wall charger, got the 'battery charging' indicator.

From there, I boot into Download mode, and fire up Odin. The device is detected on an appropriate COM port, and I can push a CWM or stock recovery image, and get a big green PASS. (usually - I've performed these steps several times, and occasionally it Odin will hang)

And yet - the device will never boot to completion, nor can I get into recovery mode.

I'm confident an underlying problem is that the device was (IS) encrypted - which is confirmed when rebooting normally: I get the pre-boot authentication page prompting for (and confirming) the passphrase - and then the android / gear outline, then... black screen. Nothing.

When attempting to select recovery mode - same thing: screen goes black, and nothing (same results whether stock or CWM recovery flashed).

Thanks again for the information - I'll keep reading, and testing - and appreciate any insight anyone may have.
8th February 2012, 11:43 AM   |  #9  

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoWake4Me

Thanks so much for the helpful post, and detailed instructions.

I've drained my battery, 100% - confirmed by connecting to PC, not detected. Plugged it into wall charger, got the 'battery charging' indicator.

From there, I boot into Download mode, and fire up Odin. The device is detected on an appropriate COM port, and I can push a CWM or stock recovery image, and get a big green PASS. (usually - I've performed these steps several times, and occasionally it Odin will hang)

And yet - the device will never boot to completion, nor can I get into recovery mode.

I'm confident an underlying problem is that the device was (IS) encrypted - which is confirmed when rebooting normally: I get the pre-boot authentication page prompting for (and confirming) the passphrase - and then the android / gear outline, then... black screen. Nothing.

When attempting to select recovery mode - same thing: screen goes black, and nothing (same results whether stock or CWM recovery flashed).

Thanks again for the information - I'll keep reading, and testing - and appreciate any insight anyone may have.

Actually this is what I mentioned earlier, The problem is you have one chance per drain and you used that to flash CWM :P If I were you, I would suggest flashing a firmware, Probably 3.2 HC EU/US firmware of your choice. Then when you get it to boot (You should feel that slight vibration when you boot it up) after it works, you need to shut it down properly and flash the CWM.

I made the same mistake :P Cost me again another 8 hrs, Just for 5mins charging. FML.

However i have updated the OP with a slight "Edit" note :P
Last edited by Misledz; 8th February 2012 at 11:47 AM.
8th February 2012, 11:43 AM   |  #10  

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
On another note, Updated the OP

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misledz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread