No registration required

[FIX] Fixing your bricked/black screen DSOD/broken nvflash Tab

OP Misledz

9th February 2012, 02:06 AM   |  #11  
Sydney, NSW
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
i have tried 3 times already, didn't work ... what kind of tablet you tested the on ? mine in galaxy 10.1v.

what i did is .. i taped the power button for about 2 days, then when i plug it into the computer i can see it popping repeatedly and it won't stop because as far as i know its actually charging from my computer ..

i have actullly disassembled it and took the battery out .. but i just turned it on normally and same thing (black screen) , according to you i should not turn it on just like that .. however i should power it into recovery mod.

my question are: is taking the battery out as same as draining the battery ?

because i still couldn't figure out how to drain the battery and test that at the same time

thanks in advance, and i'm just trying to give it coupe of tries before i lose hope
9th February 2012, 11:24 AM   |  #12  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Cebu City, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 8,359

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zBarry

i have tried 3 times already, didn't work ... what kind of tablet you tested the on ? mine in galaxy 10.1v.

what i did is .. i taped the power button for about 2 days, then when i plug it into the computer i can see it popping repeatedly and it won't stop because as far as i know its actually charging from my computer ..

i have actullly disassembled it and took the battery out .. but i just turned it on normally and same thing (black screen) , according to you i should not turn it on just like that .. however i should power it into recovery mod.

my question are: is taking the battery out as same as draining the battery ?

because i still couldn't figure out how to drain the battery and test that at the same time

thanks in advance, and i'm just trying to give it coupe of tries before i lose hope

Actually yes taking the battery out is the same as draining it because in truth the tablet isn't like a phone where you can pop out the battery, You can however remove it since you have disassembled it already. Instead of draining it, Try Power and Vol Down directly after popping the battery back in. Once you get into fastboot mode you need to flash the firmware via Odin. I wouldn't lose hope if I were you :] I had the same issue, Then I fixed mine.

Yeah one was the 10.1v and the 10.1 both were fixed the same method.

This however shall give you hope :] Once bricked for a week, Now alive.

20th February 2012, 04:29 PM   |  #13  

1 posts
my Galaxy Tab 10.1 was bricked second time in one month, this really is a annoying issue, unfortunately samsung doesn't provide warranty in my country, not uptill now. First time I had to give it to the market for repair, the person charged me around $50 for the repair and did that in one week. The symptom were the same, I turned it off and it never came back online.

Second time, i had no choice but to dive into the issue and solve it myself, as it was totally insane to pay this much for every time my tab throws tantrum at me.

This time I discharged it fully, as you told, and tried to check it by plugging it into the system, but every time it appeared as APX device, so out of frustration I just plugged it in to the socket, and voila the battery icon appeard, i let it charge for sometime, pull out the charger and boot it normally by pressing the power button, and guess what it was back online, with all the data and everything. I had a hunch that it would turn on as, the first time, when sent to market, sharing my lattitude with my dad i was appearing at the shop location, meaning it worked there, that stupid opportunist simply wiped it and charged me $50. But now i know how to save that money

PS: I was able to identify the cause of the issue, atleast what happened with me was that i powered off the tab while plugged into socket both of the time, it never came back. Something you might avoid for this problem to occur.
21st February 2012, 03:48 AM   |  #14  

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atif.sami

my Galaxy Tab 10.1 was bricked second time in one month, this really is a annoying issue, unfortunately samsung doesn't provide warranty in my country, not uptill now. First time I had to give it to the market for repair, the person charged me around $50 for the repair and did that in one week. The symptom were the same, I turned it off and it never came back online.

Second time, i had no choice but to dive into the issue and solve it myself, as it was totally insane to pay this much for every time my tab throws tantrum at me.

This time I discharged it fully, as you told, and tried to check it by plugging it into the system, but every time it appeared as APX device, so out of frustration I just plugged it in to the socket, and voila the battery icon appeard, i let it charge for sometime, pull out the charger and boot it normally by pressing the power button, and guess what it was back online, with all the data and everything. I had a hunch that it would turn on as, the first time, when sent to market, sharing my lattitude with my dad i was appearing at the shop location, meaning it worked there, that stupid opportunist simply wiped it and charged me $50. But now i know how to save that money

PS: I was able to identify the cause of the issue, atleast what happened with me was that i powered off the tab while plugged into socket both of the time, it never came back. Something you might avoid for this problem to occur.

For some odd reason it happens different for most tabs, I don't know if this is Samsung's first dedicated tablet apart from the 7" that was a huge wafer or a loaf of bread :P But as far as I know that was just an oversized phone without much tablet dedication compared to this. In my case dad had turned off the tablet while it was on a bootloop and it never turned on again, that is until I tried out the above method and it worked, So far so good I'm on the CM9 Kang and no issues so far. Thank tablet God.
21st February 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #15  

10 posts
i've used a terminal app to force my 10.1 p7510 to charge when plugged in into the usb.. now i'm also thinking that it might be charging even while it's on DSOD or bricked.. : /

i guess to avoid getting bricked is to never turn it off.. sigh.. just keep on killing apps, clearing memory, etc..

i'm still hoping and waiting for it to be drained.. tried plugging it in for about 3 seconds to check if the battery icon would pop-up nothing.. so back to plugging it into my pc and taping the power button in..

Quick Update:
the tape keeps on loosening (don't want to stick it too much over the screen since it might pull off the matte screen protector) so i took 2 rubber bands and affixed it to my tablet.. made sure it was tight enough to pull down/in the power button ^^
Last edited by Eiranova; 21st February 2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: update
22nd February 2012, 10:49 AM   |  #16  

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiranova

i've used a terminal app to force my 10.1 p7510 to charge when plugged in into the usb.. now i'm also thinking that it might be charging even while it's on DSOD or bricked.. : /

i guess to avoid getting bricked is to never turn it off.. sigh.. just keep on killing apps, clearing memory, etc..

i'm still hoping and waiting for it to be drained.. tried plugging it in for about 3 seconds to check if the battery icon would pop-up nothing.. so back to plugging it into my pc and taping the power button in..

Quick Update:
the tape keeps on loosening (don't want to stick it too much over the screen since it might pull off the matte screen protector) so i took 2 rubber bands and affixed it to my tablet.. made sure it was tight enough to pull down/in the power button ^^

I just happened to use one of those 3M Scotch tape I had lying around in the house, was pretty good and didn't leave any tape marks on the device. Yeah offline charging apparently is a bad thing for the tablet which is why I never chose to keep/enable it despite it was already there via Overcome ROM. Easiest way to drain it is by holding the power button down, best be unplugged and leave it to drain that's the only way you'll know it doesn't get charged, should take a max about a day or more depending on the % of charge it has.

One thing I found out was, You can never really brick the tablet completely, Unless ofcourse you flashed some other device's firmware on it. I do hope the ICS official release has some sort of fix to this, rather than the boring immense hours you would have to wait or pay just to get it fixed.

I do however wonder how many have gotten their tablets fixed via this method..
Last edited by Misledz; 22nd February 2012 at 10:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misledz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2012, 03:24 PM   |  #17  

10 posts
well you know what? i've just arrived from work and i turn on the speaker of my pc and it's still doing the badump-badump sound.. so now i'm guessing it's looping the on and off thing as well as the usb charging feature.. so now i'm gonna leave it again for day UNPLUGGED from my pc and hopefully tomorrow night it'll be all ready for reflashing.. sigh..
22nd February 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #18  

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

well you know what? i've just arrived from work and i turn on the speaker of my pc and it's still doing the badump-badump sound.. so now i'm guessing it's looping the on and off thing as well as the usb charging feature.. so now i'm gonna leave it again for day UNPLUGGED from my pc and hopefully tomorrow night it'll be all ready for reflashing.. sigh..

Yeah don't worry so much about it, You'll know if you did it right when you plug it into the socket and you see the battery charge icon, That's a sign that's it's completely drained and recharging from scratch Remember to flash a stock firmware first as that fixes the broken bootloader. Recovery module won't do much.

Do keep me updated
23rd February 2012, 03:55 PM   |  #19  

10 posts
argh got home and it's still not drained : /
Last edited by Eiranova; 23rd February 2012 at 04:01 PM.
23rd February 2012, 06:13 PM   |  #20  

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

argh got home and it's still not drained : /

A fully charged one takes about a week to drain, according to one of the member

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread