Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX] Fixing your bricked/black screen DSOD/broken nvflash Tab

Tip us?

Eiranova
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i went to the samsung service center in cyberzone sm north annex awhile ago and they said that they do fix no power issues for the samsung galaxy tab. but there's a check-up fee of P560. it was ok for me unfortunately their receiving time is only up to 7pm. so i'll check again tomorrow, maybe it'll just cost me 1k to fix this issue than wait 1 week or more.. : /

Misledz
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 8320

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiranova View Post
i went to the samsung service center in cyberzone sm north annex awhile ago and they said that they do fix no power issues for the samsung galaxy tab. but there's a check-up fee of P560. it was ok for me unfortunately their receiving time is only up to 7pm. so i'll check again tomorrow, maybe it'll just cost me 1k to fix this issue than wait 1 week or more.. : /
Hmm, SM, Philippines :P We're not far apart after all.

I do hope that you won't spend more for the repair than the actual usage. I would suggest you to experience fixing this on your own, because truth be told, if it happens again (God forbid) you would be required to spend from your pocket (And we all know in PH 1k isn't a small amount -.-)

Eiranova
Old
Thanks Meter 0
sigh.. yeah but i've only been able to use it a week since i bought it : /

i wish there was a faster way to drain it. anyway can you pm me a link to the stock firmware for P7510? thanks..

Misledz
Old
Thanks Meter 8320

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

i wish there was a faster way to drain it. anyway can you pm me a link to the stock firmware for P7510? thanks..
I cant do direct links but then you can register on sammobile site, it's free just the registration is one time only. I don't even know which firmware you'd prefer so it's kinda a gamble lol. On another note, have you given it in already? Yeah happened to the guy who sold me his 10.1v, Used it less than a week when it was bricked, and now it's my perma usage :P

Benzoman
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:

Overcomes ROM thread points to their page outside of here and it has a link to download P7510 stock. Just do some looking. I'm not for sure it would be what you need, but might be worth trying.

If you can read this it was sent using my GT-P7510.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 USA Wi-Fi
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 USA Wi-Fi

If I have helped you in any way Please use the "Thanks" button.

Eiranova
Old
(Last edited by Eiranova; 25th February 2012 at 04:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
hey i've thought of something.. what if i plug-in an earphone to it? do you think it would drain the battery faster? hmm.. need something to plug-in into the audio jack that would draw power from the battery.. what should i plug into it?

Misledz
Old
Thanks Meter 8320

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
hey i've thought of something.. what i plug-in an earphone to it? do you think it would drain the battery faster? hmm.. need something to plug-in into the audio jack that would draw power from the battery.. what should i plug into it?
unfortunately the drain occurs only when

1) LED Has been lit up?
2) The modules have been loaded

Even if you did plug something into the audio port, there is no actual audio being loaded so there isn't really a drain, just keep the power button held down via tape or something and just leave it be eventually the backlight will turn off (RIP) :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Misledz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eiranova
Old
Thanks Meter 0
woot finally!! it's now back up and working (didn't need to reflash rom)

one thing i'd like to change from your guide (disconnect from pc if you have the usb charge option on, just use a rubber band to have power button pressed all the time and use the original ac plug to test if battery had been fully drained)

also it wasn't mentioned that after you plug it into the socket (assuming you feel that the battery had been fully drained) you need to press and hold the power button for maybe 5-10secs until you see the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" message since you won't see the "Battery" icon right away when you plug it in. you would still need to press the power button for a couple of seconds : j

thanks guys! thanks to TS it's been very helpful than shipping this back to the US (almost P2,000 for shipping) to have it changed/refunded. ^^v

zBarry
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i'm so jealous lol .. i tried that on my galaxy 10.1v but it didn't work .. i even tore apart my tab to take the battery out and put it back it .. that also didn't work

Misledz
Old
Thanks Meter 8320

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
woot finally!! it's now back up and working (didn't need to reflash rom)

one thing i'd like to change from your guide (disconnect from pc if you have the usb charge option on, just use a rubber band to have power button pressed all the time and use the original ac plug to test if battery had been fully drained)

also it wasn't mentioned that after you plug it into the socket (assuming you feel that the battery had been fully drained) you need to press and hold the power button for maybe 5-10secs until you see the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" message since you won't see the "Battery" icon right away when you plug it in. you would still need to press the power button for a couple of seconds : j

thanks guys! thanks to TS it's been very helpful than shipping this back to the US (almost P2,000 for shipping) to have it changed/refunded. ^^v
Glad to see your's is alive and running, GO MY CHILD! BE FREE AND ENJOY THE WONDERFUL PASTURES IT SHALL PROVIDE. Usually it takes about a few seconds after being completely drained for the offline charge to pop up. Sometimes some can't seem to tell if the tablet charges via USB because by default it shouldn't, then again the Overcome ROM has mentioned it that this can be annoying so they have mentioned how to turn it off too .

@zBarry, Don't worry mate, haven't given up on you Shall help you get this alive and kicking.