Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Discussions] Best ROM for G3 - All other "Best Rom" threads will be purged.

OP sekhargreen

27th February 2012, 01:29 PM   |  #21  
Flag Cochin
Thanks Meter: 20

109 posts
More
I have a dumb question to experts here

Does the SG3 have different hardware versions across the world? Here someone says one particular ROM is good where another fellow member says that its not even loading properly How come its happening if the hardware is the same Currently am on Kyrillos 10B2 and I found that Kyorarom is the best fit in Froyo. I've tried few ROMs listed here on my G3 but like others commented, some works fine and some are not even able to run the dialer as it force closes. What is the reason for the different feed backs?
27th February 2012, 03:47 PM   |  #22  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 704

2,459 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt

Does the SG3 have different hardware versions across the world? Here someone says one particular ROM is good where another fellow member says that its not even loading properly How come its happening if the hardware is the same Currently am on Kyrillos 10B2 and I found that Kyorarom is the best fit in Froyo. I've tried few ROMs listed here on my G3 but like others commented, some works fine and some are not even able to run the dialer as it force closes. What is the reason for the different feed backs?

The reason for this is not the different hardwares, but mostly due to all the devices being unable to be of top notch quality. Its virtually impossible to ensure each product has the same quality. By the way, post your questions in the qna section next time, in the qna thread

Cheers

Sent from my GT-i9003 powered by MIUI
The Following User Says Thank You to bscraze For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 07:15 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
For me Kyrillos v.9.5 and G3mod kernel v.2.3 OC is the best. I've tried out cyanogenmod 7 for 2 months but it is not as stable as Kyrillos´ Rom.
1st March 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #24  
Flag Gorinchem
Thanks Meter: 35

46 posts
More
Got Kyrillos ROM Beta 2, it's great and probably one of the best out there but it freezes alot, hopefully this will be fixed soon.
2nd March 2012, 08:18 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 229

76 posts
:D
MIUI will Always be my favourite
The Following User Says Thank You to MIUIforG3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #26  
Flag Portsmouth
Thanks Meter: 84

213 posts
More
Talking A New Contender!
Hey guys, incase you haven't seen. MIUIforG3 is now in alpha 2 stage and up for download! very exciting!
7th March 2012, 06:56 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Hi I have been around for long time tried all roms and mods and for now fastest and bst working iz cm7... but for me is the MIUI rom it has some small bugs but best kernel from ics24 and openfimg and most important to me veary easy to use , and most pracitacl rom I ever used just now I got with quadrant for 3D :502 for 2D: 516 mabey doesnt mean anything but its nice to see it XD
10th March 2012, 01:38 PM   |  #28  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 134

494 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisxt

Got Kyrillos ROM Beta 2, it's great and probably one of the best out there but it freezes alot, hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Change the governor ?
I tried a lot custom ROMs for our G3,for froyo the 2 best vere Kyorarom and Kyrillos.Now i'm on Kyrillos v10 Beta2,which is very stable and blazing fast GB rom.
11th March 2012, 04:37 AM   |  #29  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt

It comes down to:

a: what is in the data partition
b: how the SD card is formatted
c: whether the phone can handle any overclocks a ROM/kernel may have.

There aren't any revisions AFAIK. I've never read any documents about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to aYafs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2012, 05:45 AM   |  #30  
Flag Gisborne
Thanks Meter: 16

94 posts
More
I've tried several rooms but have found CM7 to be stable on my SG3 along with kyrillos 9.5. Am now running MIUI V4 Alpha 2 as a daily. Laggy and fcs but will be great once all the bugs are sorted out. Big thanks to the MIUIforG3 team. Great work so far.

Samsung GT-I5800
MIUI V4 Alpha 2 Hot fix 2.1
Ported by MIUIforG3 team

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread