[GUIDE][Updated 19/04/12] PatchROM - MIUI 2.3 and 4.0 Porting

OP ThePCGuy

5th February 2012, 04:59 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 53

59 posts
More
Quote:

I don't really know what the 'local-modified-apps' means, I just left this line empty (any help anyone?), and remember to decompile those apps and put the results on the 'shakira' folder

Modified apps are those that are required from the original rom because they do important stuff (like Phone.apk communicates with your phone's radio). Thus these can not be easily copied from miui but have to be modified.

Quote:

I don't know what the last lines mean (help please!)

These mean the actions that should be done before and after compiling the rom, hence the 'local-pre-zip' and 'local-after-zip'.

Quote:

local-pre-zip := local-zip-misc
local-after-zip:= local-test

Before the zip is done, the codeblock at local-zip-misc should be executed. And after the zip is completed, local-test will be run.

In the i9100 local-zip-misc, it adds some google apps to the zip, and inserts a modified build.prop in the zip.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterGT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2012, 05:16 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 141

554 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coudy73

but what about arm v6? i thought that miui for arm v7 devices. if so then we have one more problem

so, x10 is ARMv7? i think it is ARMv6, and they have a MIUI port. So i think there isn't problems there.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
5th February 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 432

1,216 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockitOut11

so, x10 is ARMv7? i think it is ARMv6, and they have a MIUI port. So i think there isn't problems there.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

xperia x10 is armv7
5th February 2012, 05:20 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 1,815

2,645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockitOut11

Correct me if i'm wrong.

its almost same chipset
5th February 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #25  
Flag Kurnool
Thanks Meter: 1

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGT

local-pre-zip := local-zip-misc
local-after-zip:= local-test

how can i run the above commands?
5th February 2012, 06:44 PM   |  #26  

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayasimhareddy

how can i run the above commands?

You don't have to
5th February 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #27  
Flag Overijssel
Thanks Meter: 111

469 posts
More
I get an error saying /porting.mk doesn´t exist. Can anyone help me on that since i´m pretty much a noob in Linux?

Also, how can i do this deodexing?
5th February 2012, 08:59 PM   |  #28  

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeWasterNL

I get an error saying /porting.mk doesn´t exist. Can anyone help me on that since i´m pretty much a noob in Linux?

Also, how can i do this deodexing?

For deodexing, there's a tool for that in the tools folder. Also a bit in the chinese manual.

As for the porting.mk, it seems that the envsetup.sh script is not doing what it should do.

Code:
PORT_BUILD=/home/yourname/MiCode/build

PORT_ROOT=/home/yourname/MiCode
Change the paths to where you have the package unzipped.
Add that to the beginning of makefile
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterGT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2012, 12:59 AM   |  #29  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,016

1,606 posts
There is an existing MIUI port of As-Mario (XperianPro). If i remember it right he says the only problem is the framework. So now we have sources then I guess he can continue what he promised before Aja.
The Following User Says Thank You to deedii For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2012, 02:45 AM   |  #30  
Flag Kurnool
Thanks Meter: 1

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGT

For deodexing, there's a tool for that in the tools folder. Also a bit in the chinese manual.

As for the porting.mk, it seems that the envsetup.sh script is not doing what it should do.

Code:
PORT_BUILD=/home/yourname/MiCode/build

PORT_ROOT=/home/yourname/MiCode
Change the paths to where you have the package unzipped.
Add that to the beginning of makefile

Thanks for your tip, the make command worked after adding the above specified lines to make file.. but i ened up with an error.. I am attaching the output, please check it out and help me to fix it.

Code:
cp /home/jayasimha/thepatcher/miui/system/framework/framework-miui-res.apk .build/ZIP/system/framework/framework-miui-res.apk
build .build/framework-res.apk...
--------------------------------------------
cp -r framework-res .build
/home/jayasimha/thepatcher/tools/apktool b  .build/framework-res .build/framework-res.apk
W: Could not find sources
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
aapt: warning: string 'wifi_available' has no default translation in /home/jayasimha/thepatcher/i9100G/.build/framework-res/res; found: ms
aapt: warning: string 'wifi_available_detailed' has no default translation in /home/jayasimha/thepatcher/i9100G/.build/framework-res/res; found: ms
I: Building apk file...
cp apks-unsinged to zip dirs
cp .build/framework-res.apk .build/ZIP/system/framework/framework-res.apk
/home/jayasimha/thepatcher/tools/apktool d -f /home/jayasimha/thepatcher/miui/system/app/MIUISystemUI.apk .build/SystemUI
I: Baksmaling...
I: Loading resource table...
I: Loaded.
I: Loading resource table from file: /home/jayasimha/apktool/framework/1.apk
I: Loaded.
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=theme, value=0x060e006b
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=theme, value=0x060e0075
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=theme, value=0x060e0075
I: Decoding file-resources...
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x060e0007
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x060e0007
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x0602037c
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x060e0036
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x060e0036
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x060e0005
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x060e0005
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textColor, value=0x0607003a
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textColor, value=0x0607003a
I: Decoding values*/* XMLs...
Can't find framework resources for package of id: 6. You must install proper framework files, see project website for more info.
make: *** [.build/SystemUI] Error 1

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread