Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][Updated 19/04/12] PatchROM - MIUI 2.3 and 4.0 Porting

Tip us?

MisterGT
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
I don't really know what the 'local-modified-apps' means, I just left this line empty (any help anyone?), and remember to decompile those apps and put the results on the 'shakira' folder
Modified apps are those that are required from the original rom because they do important stuff (like Phone.apk communicates with your phone's radio). Thus these can not be easily copied from miui but have to be modified.

Quote:
I don't know what the last lines mean (help please!)
These mean the actions that should be done before and after compiling the rom, hence the 'local-pre-zip' and 'local-after-zip'.

Quote:
local-pre-zip := local-zip-misc
local-after-zip:= local-test
Before the zip is done, the codeblock at local-zip-misc should be executed. And after the zip is completed, local-test will be run.

In the i9100 local-zip-misc, it adds some google apps to the zip, and inserts a modified build.prop in the zip.
LG Optimus 2x - MIUI - ironKrnL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterGT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RockitOut11
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coudy73 View Post
but what about arm v6? i thought that miui for arm v7 devices. if so then we have one more problem
so, x10 is ARMv7? i think it is ARMv6, and they have a MIUI port. So i think there isn't problems there.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
Xperia U | BL Unlock allowed = NO
Xperia SP | BL Unlock allowed = YES

fifo171
Old
Thanks Meter 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockitOut11 View Post
so, x10 is ARMv7? i think it is ARMv6, and they have a MIUI port. So i think there isn't problems there.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
xperia x10 is armv7
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 i8160P
running CM11 by TeamCanjica

n1kolaa
Old
Thanks Meter 1,810

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockitOut11 View Post

Correct me if i'm wrong.
its almost same chipset

jayasimhareddy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGT View Post

local-pre-zip := local-zip-misc
local-after-zip:= local-test
how can i run the above commands?

MisterGT
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayasimhareddy View Post
how can i run the above commands?
You don't have to

TimeWasterNL
Old
Thanks Meter 111
I get an error saying /porting.mk doesn´t exist. Can anyone help me on that since i´m pretty much a noob in Linux?

Also, how can i do this deodexing?

hammerhead:___flo:__________endeavoru:____shakira:
rom => cm11___rom => stock__rom => cm11___rom => MiniCM7
ker => cm_____ker => stock__ker => cm_____ker => nAa-06

MisterGT
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeWasterNL View Post
I get an error saying /porting.mk doesn´t exist. Can anyone help me on that since i´m pretty much a noob in Linux?

Also, how can i do this deodexing?
For deodexing, there's a tool for that in the tools folder. Also a bit in the chinese manual.

As for the porting.mk, it seems that the envsetup.sh script is not doing what it should do.

Code:
PORT_BUILD=/home/yourname/MiCode/build

PORT_ROOT=/home/yourname/MiCode
Change the paths to where you have the package unzipped.
Add that to the beginning of makefile
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterGT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deedii
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,016
There is an existing MIUI port of As-Mario (XperianPro). If i remember it right he says the only problem is the framework. So now we have sources then I guess he can continue what he promised before Aja.
The Following User Says Thank You to deedii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jayasimhareddy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGT View Post
For deodexing, there's a tool for that in the tools folder. Also a bit in the chinese manual.

As for the porting.mk, it seems that the envsetup.sh script is not doing what it should do.

Code:
PORT_BUILD=/home/yourname/MiCode/build

PORT_ROOT=/home/yourname/MiCode
Change the paths to where you have the package unzipped.
Add that to the beginning of makefile
Thanks for your tip, the make command worked after adding the above specified lines to make file.. but i ened up with an error.. I am attaching the output, please check it out and help me to fix it.

Code:
cp /home/jayasimha/thepatcher/miui/system/framework/framework-miui-res.apk .build/ZIP/system/framework/framework-miui-res.apk
build .build/framework-res.apk...
--------------------------------------------
cp -r framework-res .build
/home/jayasimha/thepatcher/tools/apktool b  .build/framework-res .build/framework-res.apk
W: Could not find sources
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
aapt: warning: string 'wifi_available' has no default translation in /home/jayasimha/thepatcher/i9100G/.build/framework-res/res; found: ms
aapt: warning: string 'wifi_available_detailed' has no default translation in /home/jayasimha/thepatcher/i9100G/.build/framework-res/res; found: ms
I: Building apk file...
cp apks-unsinged to zip dirs
cp .build/framework-res.apk .build/ZIP/system/framework/framework-res.apk
/home/jayasimha/thepatcher/tools/apktool d -f /home/jayasimha/thepatcher/miui/system/app/MIUISystemUI.apk .build/SystemUI
I: Baksmaling...
I: Loading resource table...
I: Loaded.
I: Loading resource table from file: /home/jayasimha/apktool/framework/1.apk
I: Loaded.
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=theme, value=0x060e006b
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=theme, value=0x060e0075
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=theme, value=0x060e0075
I: Decoding file-resources...
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x060e0007
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x060e0007
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x0602037c
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x060e0036
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x060e0036
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x060e0005
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x060e0005
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textColor, value=0x0607003a
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textColor, value=0x0607003a
I: Decoding values*/* XMLs...
Can't find framework resources for package of id: 6. You must install proper framework files, see project website for more info.
make: *** [.build/SystemUI] Error 1