Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

[Q] no idea of a title??

OP RockyAJ

4th February 2012, 06:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Lebanon
Thanks Meter: 0

45 posts
More
i unlocked my htc cha cha via htc dev and only set the main install location to memory card rather than the internal memory.now everytime the phone restarts i get force closes for most com.android apps(phone,people,settings,etc..)
any suggestions on how to fix this please?
thanks
4th February 2012, 09:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bochum
Thanks Meter: 494

1,033 posts
More
Oh, you're using on of the custom ROMs then. Unfortunately you need to reset to factory data (from CWM), as long as you cannot access Settings.
4th February 2012, 12:48 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 88

707 posts
Ahh bad idea, you have to be really really careful. I'd suggest rather than using Apps2SD, or setting it to SD like that, use Link2SD, your phone sees it as internal. It'll save you a lot of space.

But yeah, as Alex said, you'll have to reset using CWM.
4th February 2012, 01:26 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Lebanon

45 posts
More
custom rom?dont recall installing a custom rom neither do i have access to the root directory neither did i choose the external storage as my primary storage using apps2sd.i did it using adb devices via the java sdk
4th February 2012, 01:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Lebanon

45 posts
More
just to emphasize on something.i don't really know much of the "mod/developing" thingie..so am like a noobie
4th February 2012, 02:26 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bochum
Thanks Meter: 494

1,033 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyAJ

custom rom?dont recall installing a custom rom neither do i have access to the root directory neither did i choose the external storage as my primary storage using apps2sd.i did it using adb devices via the java sdk

Awww man, why did you went through adb?

That takes a lot of experience and practice. Use LINK2SD/APP2SD apps from market, as stated above. Try the same command through adb once more and set memory to internal, afterwards reboot the device. See if that helps. Otherwise, factory reset data.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex C. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2012, 04:33 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Lebanon

45 posts
More
factory reset you mean using the volume down plus on button and factory reset?cause i did a reset but didn't help.and i saw a "tutorial" online for the adb and it worked but just lately the phone went loca
9th April 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Lebanon

45 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C.

Oh, you're using on of the custom ROMs then. Unfortunately you need to reset to factory data (from CWM), as long as you cannot access Settings.

alex,now i am having the same problem again.i formatted the phone,and backed up everything.then i start getting these errors back.and they pop up once then second time applications/settings open.any suggestions?new ones?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread