Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 45,656 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] no idea of a title??

Tip us?

RockyAJ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] no idea of a title??

i unlocked my htc cha cha via htc dev and only set the main install location to memory card rather than the internal memory.now everytime the phone restarts i get force closes for most com.android apps(phone,people,settings,etc..)
any suggestions on how to fix this please?
thanks

Alex C.
Old
Thanks Meter 489
Oh, you're using on of the custom ROMs then. Unfortunately you need to reset to factory data (from CWM), as long as you cannot access Settings.

skezza
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Ahh bad idea, you have to be really really careful. I'd suggest rather than using Apps2SD, or setting it to SD like that, use Link2SD, your phone sees it as internal. It'll save you a lot of space.

But yeah, as Alex said, you'll have to reset using CWM.

RockyAJ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
custom rom?dont recall installing a custom rom neither do i have access to the root directory neither did i choose the external storage as my primary storage using apps2sd.i did it using adb devices via the java sdk

RockyAJ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
just to emphasize on something.i don't really know much of the "mod/developing" thingie..so am like a noobie

Alex C.
Old
Thanks Meter 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyAJ View Post
custom rom?dont recall installing a custom rom neither do i have access to the root directory neither did i choose the external storage as my primary storage using apps2sd.i did it using adb devices via the java sdk
Awww man, why did you went through adb?

That takes a lot of experience and practice. Use LINK2SD/APP2SD apps from market, as stated above. Try the same command through adb once more and set memory to internal, afterwards reboot the device. See if that helps. Otherwise, factory reset data.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex C. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RockyAJ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
factory reset you mean using the volume down plus on button and factory reset?cause i did a reset but didn't help.and i saw a "tutorial" online for the adb and it worked but just lately the phone went loca

RockyAJ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C. View Post
Oh, you're using on of the custom ROMs then. Unfortunately you need to reset to factory data (from CWM), as long as you cannot access Settings.
alex,now i am having the same problem again.i formatted the phone,and backed up everything.then i start getting these errors back.and they pop up once then second time applications/settings open.any suggestions?new ones?