XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery problems

Tip us?

BitStartsmart
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] Battery problems

My two months old LG Optimus 2X are using alot of battery and it's always warm. I checked the temperature of the phone it's around 37 to 38 C degrees all the time. I have to charge it three times every day since Thursday. Normally I charge it every night when I go to sleep. I don't know what can be the problem?
The Following User Says Thank You to BitStartsmart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SP1996AC
Old
(Last edited by SP1996AC; 4th February 2012 at 07:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 113
Check if you have any open services (apps) running and try to close them. Also have you rooted your phone? If so try to remove the LG bloatware, because this will also eat your battery. What you also could do is to match your baseband with a matching RIL with the GetRIL app. This will improve signal and battery life.

Also, look in this thread for more tips:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1465552
Back from inside the wall...

HTC Sensation

The Following User Says Thank You to SP1996AC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

upetro
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Are you using a stock rom or not? What version? When did it start? Have you tried factory reset? More info needed from you.

mat369
Old
Thanks Meter 10
For the temperature, it can be that the processor is too overclocked. Need more informations.. What baseband? What Kernel?