Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 52,183 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Post all Note Reviews Here!

Tip us?

Dombledore
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Default Post all Note Reviews Here!

I did a video review-type thing of the Galaxy Note. It's the first time I've done a video like this - please let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEJCVQA-VeE

www.samsunggeeks.com Website

http://www.youtube.com/user/samsungmobilerdom My YouTube Channel

@dom_armstrong
The Following User Says Thank You to Dombledore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raines43
Old
Thanks Meter 62
A very positive review of the Note in this phones show video; once he got past the 'how big do your pockets need to be issue'.
http://stevelitchfield.com/sshow/

Bxsteez
Old
Thanks Meter 62
For all those comparing the Note to the Nexus I would like to throw in my two sense. I currently own the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy Note and I would like to give a comparison from build quality and ergonomics point of view and performance.

Ergonomics and design:
We all know the answer to this. The Galaxy Note has a large display so the ergonomics win would go to Galaxy Nexus. The Galaxy Nexus form factor is just amazing. I think its just about one of the sexiest phones ever made. The screen size is something I thought would be a problem but it wasn't that big of deal because for me the larger the screen the harder one handed use is and after about 4.3 (4:3 aspect ratio) you can't reach the left corner with the thumb of your right hand without shuffling the device in hand. Once that can't happen i think the screen size doesn't matter anymore.

Performance:
This is a hard one to really compare since ICS isn't completely working on the Galaxy Note. I have installed it on my note for a few days to see how it ran. Most tech reviewers have said there is no lag on the Galaxy Nexus and I just see that as a bold faced lie. There is noticeable lag on the Nexus to the point it actually annoys me. The Galaxy Note on the other hand does have lag on third party launchers but not on touchwiz but I suspsect there is some sort of catch there that I'm not seeing. As an overall use standpoint I think the Note is just faster. I'm not annoyed with it on an everyday basis. It doesn't have same gusto as the Galaxy S2 (which i've also owned) but that is probably just based on it pushing more pixels. When the Galaxy Note gets ICS i think its going to be a much better experience than the Galaxy Nexus. I'm like 100% sure of that.

Final Thoughts:
The Galaxy S2 was the best android experience I've ever had but there were only two flaws IMO and that was the lack of notification LED and low resolution screen. The Galaxy Nexus is the best form factor and aesthetic pleasing experience i've ever had on an android phone. The on-screen buttons just lead to a very nice looking device when off and when on. The curved screen, although slight, lead to a very nice in-hand experience as well as gorgeous look. That all being said the performance of the Nexus was abysmal after using the Galaxy S2. It might have been tolerable before I used that device. The Galaxy Note is an awkward experience as far as size but I have to say its still extremely enjoyable. The larger screen allows for more useful layout of widgets and icons.

My guess is the GS3 will be a combo of the note and the gs2 and will be the ideal phone for me.

ChodTheWacko
Old
Thanks Meter 396
This is a very good review:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBhEiiMd3qU

It's technobuffalo's "what I think of the Note one month later" review.
He did his preview before, but I think these 'how do you like it after using it for a while' stuff to be much more real.

- Frank
Galaxy Note FAQ: http://lishutterbug.com/note
57K and growing!

mfractal
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
My review is in my signature. Hope you guys like it.
ARHD Supporter

HTC One M8 DEV Edition
ROM: ARHD 10.1
F/W: 2.12.401.3
Kernel : Stock
S-OFF + SuperCID

ARTAQaf
Old
Thanks Meter 53
i check these Amazon reviews everyday...bunch of liars, no way this phone can be that good!!

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...DateDescending

Jay-Taicho
Old
Thanks Meter 12
[QUOTE=NZtechfreak;22181167]It anyone is looking for a very comprehensive and balanced review of the Note mine is finally complete.

You can find the review all in one volume here (be prepared, it's LOOOONG!).

I viewed ALOT of reviews and hands-on videos before deciding to purchase the Note, and I gotta say NZtechfreaks review is by far the most indepth and detailed review out there! Definitely worth a read.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay-Taicho For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NZtechfreak
Old
(Last edited by original_ganjaman; 11th February 2012 at 02:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 913
[QUOTE=Jay-Taicho;22371194]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
It anyone is looking for a very comprehensive and balanced review of the Note mine is finally complete.

You can find the review all in one volume here (be prepared, it's LOOOONG!).

I viewed ALOT of reviews and hands-on videos before deciding to purchase the Note, and I gotta say NZtechfreaks review is by far the most indepth and detailed review out there! Definitely worth a read.
Thanks, nice to know people enjoyed it!

MOD EDIT: Added to OP. Thanks for the review
Twitter: @nztechfreak
Blogs: androidnz.net, blog.clove.co.uk
Facebook: http://goo.gl/baZHQ

Croak
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Default Post all Note Reviews Here!

http://www.bgr.com/2012/02/13/samsun...hone-ive-seen/

In case you don't want to reward BGR with page views, here's the summation:

Quote:
The phone is too big. You will look stupid talking on it, people will laugh at you, and youíll be unhappy if you buy it. I really canít get around this, unfortunately, because Samsung pushed things way too far this time.

Flightless
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I had a chance to use the device for 7 days and I would say its a great device and full of potential but it has its faults as well, Im not sure if this thread is the right outlet to post the negative side as I see this is only a positive 'review' posts and I cant post a full review nor the positive only.

If this post is in anyway offensive to this thread or its users please ask a moderator to remove it, cheers!