Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD]CM9 Alpha 5 hide voicemail notification

Tip us?

stilesja
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Updated for alpha 2

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

|| Acer ||
Old
Thanks Meter 530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilesja View Post
Updated for alpha 2

That was quick. Haha

stilesja
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by || Acer || View Post
That was quick. Haha
;) I figured if I made a post about it I had better stay on top of it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stilesja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gabestover
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by a454nova View Post
Menu/Manage apps

Click the ALL tab and go down to "Phone" and click it.

"Force stop" it.

Voice Mail gone.

You will have to do this after every time you restart. A little easier than Titanium Backup. Haven't had issues yet and all seems to work perfect.
Works perfectly for me. Flashed the hiding notification too, in case I have to restart & forget to force stop Phone afterwards.

czechpunk
Old
(Last edited by czechpunk; 9th February 2012 at 10:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 181
I was having this issue too, so I looked and noticed I had Sprint VVM still installed and not from a backup. I opened it and it said I had a new voicemail that couldn't be downloaded. I held the back button to kill the app, ???, profit!, vm notification is now gone...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
Have you tried turning it off and on again? Is it definitely plugged in?
How is it that your phone is made by Google and yet you can't search before you post??? #truestory

The answer is literally 2 posts above yours #sofaking

Moto X (XT1058)
Currently running: Stock 4.4

stilesja
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechpunk View Post
I was having this issue too, so I looked and noticed I had Sprint VVM still installed and not from a backup. I opened it and it said I had a new voicemail that couldn't be downloaded. I held the back button to kill the app, ???, profit!, vm notification is now gone...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
That's not the type of notification this mod addresses. On non android phones your voicemail notification comes from a specially formatted text message sent from the carrier to your phone. No its not that funky one you get when visual voicemail isn't installed either. Its a class 0 message in cshp format that triggers your message waiting indicator. Its a relic left over from voicemail systems that were used before we got android phones that were not cleared out. Touchwiz roms ignore them but aosp roms do not because some carriers use them.

philowneus
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilesja View Post
That's not the type of notification this mod addresses. On non android phones your voicemail notification comes from a specially formatted text message sent from the carrier to your phone. No its not that funky one you get when visual voicemail isn't installed either. Its a class 0 message in cshp format that triggers your message waiting indicator. Its a relic left over from voicemail systems that were used before we got android phones that were not cleared out. Touchwiz roms ignore them but aosp roms do not because some carriers use them.

You say they are from an old system. The only phone I have ever had on sprint is android. Yet I still have six phantom vm. So either its still in use or it has carried over from before I was on sprint with the number I was given.

I really don't understand why its there. But ill see if Google can help. If you have direct resource pages I would appreciate it.

stilesja
Old
(Last edited by stilesja; 11th February 2012 at 03:12 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by philowneus View Post
You say they are from an old system. The only phone I have ever had on sprint is android. Yet I still have six phantom vm. So either its still in use or it has carried over from before I was on sprint with the number I was given.

I really don't understand why its there. But ill see if Google can help. If you have direct resource pages I would appreciate it.

did your previous android phone on sprint have visual voicemail? If not perhaps that is the reason.

The message waiting indicator stuff in android SMS message is where this is happening. CPHS is the format.

http://developer.android.com/referen...msMessage.html

http://www.google.com/m?q=cphs+mwi&c...id&channel=new

philowneus
Old
Thanks Meter 65
If I recall correctly the moment had vvm when I got it. Thanks for the links.

djjroc007
Old
Thanks Meter 312
http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php...l-notification

This works, and you will never have to worry about it again. I'm goofyboots13 in that forum. I fought with that notification for two weeks, when I was on miui, before finally giving in and trying the old phone trick.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App