Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[MOD]CM9 Alpha 5 hide voicemail notification

OP stilesja

8th February 2012, 05:56 AM   |  #11  
stilesja's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 98
 
402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Updated for alpha 2

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
8th February 2012, 06:01 AM   |  #12  
|| Acer ||'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 530
 
3,464 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilesja

Updated for alpha 2

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

That was quick. Haha
8th February 2012, 06:06 AM   |  #13  
stilesja's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 98
 
402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by || Acer ||

That was quick. Haha

;) I figured if I made a post about it I had better stay on top of it!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stilesja For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2012, 02:35 AM   |  #14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by a454nova

Menu/Manage apps

Click the ALL tab and go down to "Phone" and click it.

"Force stop" it.

Voice Mail gone.

You will have to do this after every time you restart. A little easier than Titanium Backup. Haven't had issues yet and all seems to work perfect.

Works perfectly for me. Flashed the hiding notification too, in case I have to restart & forget to force stop Phone afterwards.
9th February 2012, 11:54 AM   |  #15  
czechpunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Katy, TX
Thanks Meter: 184
 
547 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
I was having this issue too, so I looked and noticed I had Sprint VVM still installed and not from a backup. I opened it and it said I had a new voicemail that couldn't be downloaded. I held the back button to kill the app, ???, profit!, vm notification is now gone...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
Last edited by czechpunk; 9th February 2012 at 11:56 AM.
11th February 2012, 07:04 AM   |  #16  
stilesja's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 98
 
402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechpunk

I was having this issue too, so I looked and noticed I had Sprint VVM still installed and not from a backup. I opened it and it said I had a new voicemail that couldn't be downloaded. I held the back button to kill the app, ???, profit!, vm notification is now gone...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

That's not the type of notification this mod addresses. On non android phones your voicemail notification comes from a specially formatted text message sent from the carrier to your phone. No its not that funky one you get when visual voicemail isn't installed either. Its a class 0 message in cshp format that triggers your message waiting indicator. Its a relic left over from voicemail systems that were used before we got android phones that were not cleared out. Touchwiz roms ignore them but aosp roms do not because some carriers use them.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
11th February 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #17  
philowneus's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 110
 
391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilesja

That's not the type of notification this mod addresses. On non android phones your voicemail notification comes from a specially formatted text message sent from the carrier to your phone. No its not that funky one you get when visual voicemail isn't installed either. Its a class 0 message in cshp format that triggers your message waiting indicator. Its a relic left over from voicemail systems that were used before we got android phones that were not cleared out. Touchwiz roms ignore them but aosp roms do not because some carriers use them.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

You say they are from an old system. The only phone I have ever had on sprint is android. Yet I still have six phantom vm. So either its still in use or it has carried over from before I was on sprint with the number I was given.

I really don't understand why its there. But ill see if Google can help. If you have direct resource pages I would appreciate it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
11th February 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #18  
stilesja's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 98
 
402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philowneus

You say they are from an old system. The only phone I have ever had on sprint is android. Yet I still have six phantom vm. So either its still in use or it has carried over from before I was on sprint with the number I was given.

I really don't understand why its there. But ill see if Google can help. If you have direct resource pages I would appreciate it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

did your previous android phone on sprint have visual voicemail? If not perhaps that is the reason.

The message waiting indicator stuff in android SMS message is where this is happening. CPHS is the format.

http://developer.android.com/referen...msMessage.html

http://www.google.com/m?q=cphs+mwi&c...id&channel=new

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Last edited by stilesja; 11th February 2012 at 04:12 PM.
11th February 2012, 06:01 PM   |  #19  
philowneus's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 110
 
391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
If I recall correctly the moment had vvm when I got it. Thanks for the links.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
11th February 2012, 06:12 PM   |  #20  
djjroc007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 319
 
933 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php...l-notification

This works, and you will never have to worry about it again. I'm goofyboots13 in that forum. I fought with that notification for two weeks, when I was on miui, before finally giving in and trying the old phone trick.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes