No registration required

[ROM][Updated 5-28-12]MazWoz-EVO ICS ROM BETA 6

OP mazwoz

4th April 2012, 02:51 AM   |  #981  
Flag Bardstown, KY
Thanks Meter: 10

68 posts
More
Okay, just flashed this ROM for the first time. Followed all the steps. ROM was fine until the verrrry last step when I rebooted into recovery (after fixing permissions in ROM Manager) and flashed the camera (camera_02092012-signed.zip). I tried it twice, and both times, flashing the camera zip file ruined it. After I flash the camera zip, I don't get past the white htc EVO 4G bootup screen. Have to do a battery pull and then go into recovery and start over.

Am I using the wrong camera zip? Or did I choose the wrong kernel and the camera zip isn't compatible with it? (I chose Mason-v0.14-ics-hwa-supersonic-signed.zip, which is the Mason I series non-sbc. Did I choose incorrectly??)

Going to start over a third time and try flashing the older camera zip. If it locks up again, I'll start over a fourth time and use a different kernel and the latest camera zip. If that doesn't do it, I quit. But if anyone can help in the meantime, that'd be great -- save me some time!

/Kevin

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Just read mazwoz's post that he posted while I was typing my comment. ha

So if I'm using the latest ROM (b5), I do NOT need to flash the camera file?? I was just following the steps; didn't actually read the entire thread. Whoops!

Okay, going to re-flash and skip the camera part!

/Kevin
The Following User Says Thank You to commonplace For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2012, 03:12 AM   |  #982  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 166

424 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazwoz

No, the camera fix was for beta 4 series. Have you tried re-flashing?

Sent from my evo running MazWoz-EVO

Yep, second time I did.
I really don't want to flash again, think there is a fix for it without reflashing?

Sent from a Galaxy far far away...
4th April 2012, 08:22 AM   |  #983  
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcharleyultra

Yup.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

k... as long as it's not just my device...

Thanks
4th April 2012, 01:05 PM   |  #984  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 166

424 posts
More
Loved this ROM while it lasted, had to go back to GB as this just didn't work for me.
Has amazing potential.
Thanks for your hard work Maz.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away...
4th April 2012, 04:35 PM   |  #985  
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 83

605 posts
More
Just an fyi I'm running mine at 806 MHz Max CPU on lion heart and great performance/battery life.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
4th April 2012, 11:20 PM   |  #986  
Thanks Meter: 1

81 posts
Well, after reading a good chunk of the post B5 posts, and loving what I read, I decided to give the ROM a shot, and I must say, I do love it! I ran a few ICS's previously, but always ended up back on GB, so far I don't see that happening. Great job! Two things I miss from my previous, and I was wondering if someone might point me in the direction of a theme / flash option...when you use a PIN for your lockscreen you lose the option to launch apps directly upon unlock, I really enjoyed that option. The other is the dialer, I am looking to replace the stock one with one that will auto-complete numbers. Example, if I am dialing, say "Work" I can hit 9675 (w o r k) and have it bring up the corresponding number. Other than those two things I miss I am loving the snappy attitude and overall performance of this ROM! Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to lc3necro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 01:02 AM   |  #987  
Flag Beckley
Thanks Meter: 60

270 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lc3necro

Well, after reading a good chunk of the post B5 posts, and loving what I read, I decided to give the ROM a shot, and I must say, I do love it! I ran a few ICS's previously, but always ended up back on GB, so far I don't see that happening. Great job! Two things I miss from my previous, and I was wondering if someone might point me in the direction of a theme / flash option...when you use a PIN for your lockscreen you lose the option to launch apps directly upon unlock, I really enjoyed that option. The other is the dialer, I am looking to replace the stock one with one that will auto-complete numbers. Example, if I am dialing, say "Work" I can hit 9675 (w o r k) and have it bring up the corresponding number. Other than those two things I miss I am loving the snappy attitude and overall performance of this ROM! Cheers!

somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but I though if you get a T9 dialer than u can't have mute option in calls and other way around

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
5th April 2012, 08:14 AM   |  #988  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,652

1,362 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by commonplace

Okay, just flashed this ROM for the first time. Followed all the steps. ROM was fine until the verrrry last step when I rebooted into recovery (after fixing permissions in ROM Manager) and flashed the camera (camera_02092012-signed.zip). I tried it twice, and both times, flashing the camera zip file ruined it. After I flash the camera zip, I don't get past the white htc EVO 4G bootup screen. Have to do a battery pull and then go into recovery and start over.

Am I using the wrong camera zip? Or did I choose the wrong kernel and the camera zip isn't compatible with it? (I chose Mason-v0.14-ics-hwa-supersonic-signed.zip, which is the Mason I series non-sbc. Did I choose incorrectly??)

Going to start over a third time and try flashing the older camera zip. If it locks up again, I'll start over a fourth time and use a different kernel and the latest camera zip. If that doesn't do it, I quit. But if anyone can help in the meantime, that'd be great -- save me some time!

/Kevin

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Just read mazwoz's post that he posted while I was typing my comment. ha

So if I'm using the latest ROM (b5), I do NOT need to flash the camera file?? I was just following the steps; didn't actually read the entire thread. Whoops!

Okay, going to re-flash and skip the camera part!

/Kevin

That is correct, no reason to flash that old fix. Going to change the instructions so that people aren't doing that. Please let me know if you have any issues. Again I am out of the country so I will try to get back to people ASAP, but it could be a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to mazwoz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 08:15 AM   |  #989  
OP Senior Member

1,362 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lc3necro

I will look into those two requests. Hopefully I can facilitate something. I'm glad you like the ROM overall. It is a direct result of a lot of people coming together to work on it.
5th April 2012, 08:18 AM   |  #990  
OP Senior Member

1,362 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm1260

The regular camera is working fine.

Scratch that, I realized that if I leave the camera on for too long it freezes and starts to freak out. When I use instagram I can get to the android camera to take a picture, I crop it to whatever instagram wants, but everything crashes when it tries to save the image. Its very weird.

I have been working on the issues with the camera. When we moved to HWA it bored the old fixes, I hope to have it resolved soon, but since I am out of the country there is no telling when I can get to it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mazwoz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
carhauler=taint, evo, htc, htc evo 4g, ics, mazwoz, mazwoz sammich, ropodope=tool
Previous Thread Next Thread