Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][4.0.4][CDMA] Gummy 1.2.0 - 05/10/12

Tip us?

Stephen.k.spear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,907

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonintx View Post
Did that. All I see is a green battery with 100% across it. Still not recognized by Odin. Any other ideas?
Green battery = didn't pull battery.

No battery needed for download mode... take it out and wait until your done.
Like my work? Buy me a beer. Twitter: @stevespeartweet

simonintx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The battery is out. Still shows green battery and still not recognized by Odin.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

Never mind. Finally worked.

simonintx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry another dumb question. I got the ROM up and running for almost 24 hours now and it's running very slow. Most of the time the app I'm trying to run will freeze and it will ask me if I want to close it or wait.

I installed the Icy Glitch beta 6 Kernel and NS Tools and have been playing with the governers and CPU settings and it doesn't seem to run faster. Quadrant score tested at 2349 but its still lagging a lot. Any suggestions?

atomD21
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Sorry another dumb question. I got the ROM up and running for almost 24 hours now and it's running very slow. Most of the time the app I'm trying to run will freeze and it will ask me if I want to close it or wait.

I installed the Icy Glitch beta 6 Kernel and NS Tools and have been playing with the governers and CPU settings and it doesn't seem to run faster. Quadrant score tested at 2349 but its still lagging a lot. Any suggestions?
The ROM comes with an optimized version of Glitch, offering RAM tweaks not found in the flashable version. I would reflash the ROM and then tweak the governors and clocking. Also, I've found that a few hours after first boot, if I reboot to recovery and wipe cache, dalvik, and fix permissions, everything seems to run better. Also, I'm using lag free, oc to 1200, no voltage changes, and it's great for me.
GNex running current version of JDX
The Following User Says Thank You to atomD21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StuckinMemphis
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:

I had the exact same problem. Switched to AOKP. It's much better. None of those lag problems at all right out of the box. Didn't have to fuss with performance settings. That's the Gkitched AOKP build 32.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

SeatownGST
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckinMemphis View Post
I had the exact same problem. Switched to AOKP. It's much better. None of those lag problems at all right out of the box. Didn't have to fuss with performance settings. That's the Gkitched AOKP build 32.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
I wonder how it can lag out. Perhaps folks aren't nuking it from orbit when coming from other roms, newer OR older?

FWIW, mine was a little messed up but then I lobotomized it and it's been smooth sailing on gummy, and on nightlies I just have to wipe cache and dalvik and everything migrates just fine.

Runs VERY fast consistently, to the point of the battery getting absolutely hammered sometimes. That's my only real issue, sometimes the battery just gets vacuumed. No speed issues at all though.

phuhqu2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default USCC?

Seaching the thread, I don't see anyone asking: is this safe for USCC phones, or is it VZW only?

atomD21
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuhqu2 View Post
Seaching the thread, I don't see anyone asking: is this safe for USCC phones, or is it VZW only?
There is a build of gummy for USCC phones. Pretty sure you can find it from Team Gummy's page on goo-inside.me, or get a nightly build at gummy.exynos.co
GNex running current version of JDX
The Following User Says Thank You to atomD21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

M4tty
Old
(Last edited by M4tty; 18th April 2012 at 01:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Is anyone else still having trouble with MMS? Specifically receiving, I seem to be able to send them fine.

ETA: Had this problem on 0.9. I just flashed 1.0 and I still have the issue.

ETA 2: Seems to be a Handcent problem, it suddenly occurred to me to try stock messaging and it downloads MMS fine.

phuhqu2
Old
(Last edited by phuhqu2; 18th April 2012 at 03:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
That would explain why I keep softbricking. Going to look for the USCC build now. Thanks for the quick reply, AtomD21

*Edit* I'm not finding anything marked USCC in either location. Can you think of what it might be named?