Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

3G connection disappearing CM7 7.1.0.1

OP tobitronics

5th February 2012, 11:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 34

426 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello everyone,

Sometimes when I use my phone the 3G connection icon disappears from my status bar. From that moment on I have no internet unless I connect to WiFi (only at home). A restart of my phone is the only option to get connection again. WiFi is always turned off except at places where I have WiFi connection. My radio is the latest, and I'm using CM7 7.1.0.1 I'm not using any other mods to strenghthen my connection.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance
5th February 2012, 12:14 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 727

2,646 posts
Donate to Me
More
when the 3g connection gets lost have you tried to use the 3g2g button to turn it back on? you can set it to the power bar by going to cyanogenmod settings/interface/notification power widget/widget buttons/toggle 2g/3g. then it will be in your notifications bar. also make sure its all enables by selecting notification power widget in the notification power widget section.
The Following User Says Thank You to heavy_metal_man For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2012, 06:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 34

426 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man

when the 3g connection gets lost have you tried to use the 3g2g button to turn it back on? you can set it to the power bar by going to cyanogenmod settings/interface/notification power widget/widget buttons/toggle 2g/3g. then it will be in your notifications bar. also make sure its all enables by selecting notification power widget in the notification power widget section.

Tried this but doesn't work rebooting is the only working option so far. Sometimes my pages won't load even when I see the 3G icon (it's grey, if used it should turn blue).
6th February 2012, 10:11 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 727

2,646 posts
Donate to Me
More
hmmmm. have you thought about doing a fresh install.
27th February 2012, 12:05 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
More
try flash another radio maybe an old one ( I had the same prob and it worked for me ).
You can also do fresh install, this worked also for me, but the old radio worked better
20th April 2012, 01:54 PM   |  #6  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 6

54 posts
More
Select the option for National roaming in the settings......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3g internet, cm7 7.1.0.1, connection, lost, wildfire
Previous Thread Next Thread