[2.2+] AutoNotes - Automated note taking tool [Two major updates!]

Search This thread

houzuoguo

Jun 3, 2010
Hamburg
https://market.android.com/details?id=net.houzuo.android.autonotes

Tired of taking notes manually? This app makes life easier for you!
Set some keywords, and AutoNotes will automatically take text notes of interested information from your clipboard, typed sentences and things that appear on your screen!

E.g. Set "appointment" as a keyword, when "appointment" appears in a Gmail, the Email content will be saved into a note.

Due to Android's limitation, AutoNotes cannot process everything that ever appears on your screen. So please copy very important information into clipboard in order to make sure that AutoNotes has saved it for you.

This is my second Android app, your suggestions and feedbacks are very appreciated :)

Changelog
========
- Regular expression support
- Option to be notified when a note is created
- Minor performance improvements

- Ability to export notes to SD card
- Ability to search past notes by regex or keyword
- Settings are now saved upon app restart
- Minor user interface improvements

Attachments

• screenshot-1330043115053.jpg
    screenshot-1330043115053.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 154
  • screenshot-1329999592189.jpg
    screenshot-1329999592189.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 117
  • screenshot-1329999602665.jpg
    screenshot-1329999602665.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 99
  • screenshot-1330041665882.jpg
    screenshot-1330041665882.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

ogami_ito

Sep 25, 2007
This is a free app... why don't allow it to "sell" in China? Its bad enough that all us China Android fans can only get apps on dodgy alernative markets even if we have valid credit cards and/or paypal. But this is a free app. Please make it available world wide. Limiting market availability does not prevent piracy... it encourages it.

houzuoguo

Jun 3, 2010
Hamburg
This is a free app... why don't allow it to "sell" in China? Its bad enough that all us China Android fans can only get apps on dodgy alernative markets even if we have valid credit cards and/or paypal. But this is a free app. Please make it available world wide. Limiting market availability does not prevent piracy... it encourages it.

The app is on its first release. I can only speak English and Chinese and I know the way AutoNotes identifies and counting words does not apply to Chinese language. Better support for the languages other than English is a WIP feature.

Last edited:

ogami_ito

Sep 25, 2007
The app is on its first release. I can only speak English and Chinese and I know the way AutoNotes identifies and counting words does not apply to Chinese language. Better support of languages other than English is a WIP feature.

我是一位外国人,住在中国. 你好! But my mother tongue is English and I would like to download apps for my cool Galaxy S2 and Asus Transformer devices...here... without going to one of those messed-up alternative markets. 谢谢你!

houzuoguo

Jun 3, 2010
Hamburg
我是一位外国人,住在中国. 你好! But my mother tongue is English and I would like to download apps for my cool Galaxy S2 and Asus Transformer devices...here... without going to one of those messed-up alternative markets. 谢谢你!

No problem. I have enabled the app in all countries.
Here I also attached the APK file if you would like to install it straight away.

Attachments

• AutoNotes.apk
    47.1 KB · Views: 35

ino-xda

Feb 25, 2011
I already rated AutoNotes on the market, but I figured to make my suggestions (sent to Guo in PM) public here for review:

Question: are keywords searched for regarding case or case insensitively?

I'd like to have two options next to each keyword: "case insensitive" and "pattern", maybe off by default. The "pattern" knob should interpret a keyword as a regular expression or perhaps as a glob pattern like in Unix filenames.

Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830

Reactions: houzuoguo

ino-xda

Feb 25, 2011
Just one other thing: keywords should also have a "negate" or "not" flag: if keywords with such a flag are encountered, AutoNotes should ignore the text. In case one needs to email passwords or other credentials. While such an email would be sent encrypted (of course!), AutoNotes sees the cleartext, so this is kinda important ...

ino-xda

Feb 25, 2011
Got another one: every note has the valuable button "copy to clipboard". When I use it, the note goes to the clipboard, but then I need to use the back button several times to exit Autonotes.

How about a configuration option "exit after clipboard copy" that will immediately exit Autonotes and thereby return to the app where I want to paste the note?

houzuoguo

Jun 3, 2010
Hamburg
Major update pushed to Android Market :)

Reactions: ino-xda

ino-xda

Feb 25, 2011
houzuoguo said:
Major update pushed to Android Market :)

Thanks houzuoguo! I already got it from market. The regular expressions are a good idea. I hope you stay with this project.

androidcues

Mar 6, 2010
Boston
I love this app. It solves my biggest frustration with Android. This app is absolutely effective.

I want to export all the notes although TB does restore everything. I can't find the data file...although I haven't really put an all out effort to find it... are the notes encrypted or in a basic text file?

EDIT -- found it. data/data/net.houzuo.android.autonotes/autonotes.db

and then squlited my way into a text doc.

Last edited:

houzuoguo

Jun 3, 2010
Hamburg
I love this app. It solves my biggest frustration with Android. This app is absolutely effective.

I want to export all the notes although TB does restore everything. I can't find the data file...although I haven't really put an all out effort to find it... are the notes encrypted or in a basic text file?

EDIT -- found it. data/data/net.houzuo.android.autonotes/autonotes.db

and then squlited my way into a text doc.

Thanks for the suggestion :)
In the next update, notes will be able to be exported into text files.

houzuoguo

Jun 3, 2010
Hamburg
A major update is ready :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=net.houzuo.android.autonotes

Tired of taking notes manually? This app makes life easier for you!
    Set some keywords, and AutoNotes will automatically take text notes of interested information from your clipboard, typed sentences and things that appear on your screen!

E.g. Set "appointment" as a keyword, when "appointment" appears in a Gmail, the Email content will be saved into a note.

Due to Android's limitation, AutoNotes cannot process everything that ever appears on your screen. So please copy very important information into clipboard in order to make sure that AutoNotes has saved it for you.

This is my second Android app, your suggestions and feedbacks are very appreciated :)

Changelog
    ========

This is a fantastic idea. I had no clue this was possible without root. Nice work.

Oh, and look what we have here...
    I already rated AutoNotes on the market, but I figured to make my suggestions (sent to Guo in PM) public here for review:

Question: are keywords searched for regarding case or case insensitively?

I'd like to have two options next to each keyword: "case insensitive" and "pattern", maybe off by default. The "pattern" knob should interpret a keyword as a regular expression or perhaps as a glob pattern like in Unix filenames.

Just one other thing: keywords should also have a "negate" or "not" flag: if keywords with such a flag are encountered, AutoNotes should ignore the text. In case one needs to email passwords or other credentials. While such an email would be sent encrypted (of course!), AutoNotes sees the cleartext, so this is kinda important ...

Got another one: every note has the valuable button "copy to clipboard". When I use it, the note goes to the clipboard, but then I need to use the back button several times to exit Autonotes.

How about a configuration option "exit after clipboard copy" that will immediately exit Autonotes and thereby return to the app where I want to paste the note?