Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 43,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Memory cards

Tip us?

rlukenbaugh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Memory cards

wHAT IS THE LARHEST MEMORY CARD FOR THE NOTE? SDHC?

itsjusttim
Old
Thanks Meter 175

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlukenbaugh View Post
wHAT IS THE LARHEST MEMORY CARD FOR THE NOTE? SDHC?
64gb micro sdxc

JGuinan007
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Cool 32gb class 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjusttim View Post
64gb micro sdxc
Incorrect 32gb micro SD class 10 is the biggest and fastest card the Note can use it has 32gb internal mem so that would bring it to total of 64gb internal/external mem

el_venga
Old
Thanks Meter 48
64gb shxc have been tested to work if you format it to fat32 instead of exFat. Check atrix forum and see.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
Primary Phone: LG G2 CyanogenMod 11.
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 ALL-F2FS Cyanogenmod 11.

imitenotbecrazy
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuinan007 View Post
Incorrect 32gb micro SD class 10 is the biggest and fastest card the Note can use it has 32gb internal mem so that would bring it to total of 64gb internal/external mem
The 32gb internal claim was disproven by a guy that got his hands on one last week.

To the OP, 32gb is the biggest for sdhc card but most phones can handle the 64gb sdxc that just came out. My skyrocket recognizes the 64gb card easily and thats running essentially the same hardware as the ATT note. Should work fine
Future
G3
Current
S5
Past
GFlex Nexus4 Note12.2 G2GNOTE2SGS4Hero H2000+TF300FascinateIncredibleGnexNoteCaptivateONE X
SkyrocketveerVividFocusNexus S 4gAtrix2SGS2infuseiP4

itsjusttim
Old
Thanks Meter 175

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sorry, your incorrect! A quick Google search will show many users formatting their 64gb micro sdxc to Fat32 and working with Many if not all 2011 Android phones, so there is no reason for it to not work here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

itsjusttim
Old
Thanks Meter 175

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by imitenotbecrazy View Post
The 32gb internal claim was disproven by a guy that got his hands on one last week.

To the OP, 32gb is the biggest for sdhc card but most phones can handle the 64gb sdxc that just came out. My skyrocket recognizes the 64gb card easily and thats running essentially the same hardware as the ATT note. Should work fine
Thank you. So since the Note is so similar hardware wise to your skyrocket, I see no problem using a 64gb micro sdxc, other than the crazy cost.

JGuinan007
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Unhappy NOOOO!!!!

No 32gb internal mem? Only 16gb? But it can run 64gb external sdxd? This has been verified? Samsung still says 32gb class 10. I wouldn't mind the 16gb internal if it can run the 64gb external. But 16gb in and 32ex I'll feel dupped.

imitenotbecrazy
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
No 32gb internal mem? Only 16gb? But it can run 64gb external sdxd? This has been verified? Samsung still says 32gb class 10. I wouldn't mind the 16gb internal if it can run the 64gb external. But 16gb in and 32ex I'll feel dupped.
Like I said, the Note runs almost identical hardware to my skyrocket and that recognizes the 64gb sdxc card easily. I cant see any reason why the ATT note should not recognize it as well
Future
G3
Current
S5
Past
GFlex Nexus4 Note12.2 G2GNOTE2SGS4Hero H2000+TF300FascinateIncredibleGnexNoteCaptivateONE X
SkyrocketveerVividFocusNexus S 4gAtrix2SGS2infuseiP4

JGuinan007
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Wink I hear you brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by imitenotbecrazy View Post
Like I said, the Note runs almost identical hardware to my skyrocket and that recognizes the 64gb sdxc card easily. I cant see any reason why the ATT note should not recognize it as well
I know what your sayin but should work and actually does are two different things to me I need to no fo sho I'm silly that way