Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD]VolumeUP2Camera|Take photos with VOLUME UP key of your DHD

Tip us?

mattiadj
Old
(Last edited by mattiadj; 5th February 2012 at 07:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1675

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD]VolumeUP2Camera|Take photos with VOLUME UP key of your DHD

Hello to all,
i know that rcmix3d tweaks make possibile to take photos with volume camera but my mod is a little different.

With this mod you can use VOLUME UP key of your DHD as the CAMERA button of others devices with a dedicated phisical key!!

So a long press on VOLUME UP starts camera up and while your are in camera you can take photo with volume up.

The disavantage is only one, you cannot use your volume up anymore as usual volume up function but in 3.5sense rom is very easy to change volume since you can set volume down and slide in the volume bar to increase or decrease it!!

So no problem for me

I have tested it with Virtuous Affinity v2.05.0 and i have replaced the stock sense 3.5 camera with sense 3 camera since i really love self potrait mode to take photos and a more scenes profiles!!
This package not contains sense 3 camera!

INSTALL ISTRUCTION
As always made a nandroid backup first!! I'm not responsable of any type of damage!

Simply flash the attached file, if you want to revert to normal situation flash restore package.

I think it works on all sense 3.5 rom, i have NOT tested it on sense 3 rom. Please report back if it works and how works on sense 3 rom like ARHD or LeeDroid.

I'll wait for feedback!

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip volume2camera.zip - [Click for QR Code] (160.5 KB, 283 views)
File Type: zip volume2camera_restore.zip - [Click for QR Code] (160.5 KB, 138 views)

Help Mattiadj to buy a Galaxy s5 to make ExtSd2InternalSd mod
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mattiadj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mattiadj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1675

DONATE TO ME
Any feedback yet?

Inviato dal mio Desire HD usando Tapatalk

zdjaib
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiadj View Post
The disavantage is only one, you cannot use your volume up anymore as usual volume up function but in 3.5sense rom is very easy to change volume since you can set volume down and slide in the volume bar to increase or decrease it!!
Is possible to use the button to take pictures in the camera and use it to increase the volume in other applications? it would be great!

anyway thanks for this mod

HTC One X Plus

mattiadj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1675

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdjaib View Post
Is possible to use the button to take pictures in the camera and use it to increase the volume in other applications? it would be great!

anyway thanks for this mod
My first aim is to make it but i not know how....i'm working on it but if devs want to help me...will be wonderful!

Thanks

harshrocsu
Old
Thanks Meter 36
How about instead of volume up to click photos you do it up then down (quick action) capture? That wont affect the music and all that stuff ..i dont know the technicalities...sorry if this idea is totally stupid

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

eldelcau
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If I install this in a AOSP Rom?...

plskillme
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Can you include a volume down mod because my volume up is as good as busted now...

mattiadj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1675

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldelcau View Post
If I install this in a AOSP Rom?...
I didn't tried. You can try... But cyano had this mod built in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plskillme View Post
Can you include a volume down mod because my volume up is as good as busted now...
Yed i can but... After How you can adjust your volume? I had this problem too but I have repaired my button

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshrocsu View Post
How about instead of volume up to click photos you do it up then down (quick action) capture? That wont affect the music and all that stuff ..i dont know the technicalities...sorry if this idea is totally stupid

Sorry I think i not have understand.... Can you explain me better?

Thanks

harshrocsu
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I meant that instead of pressing volumeup to capture a photo we press volume up then volume down ...im not really good at explaining stuff ..sorry

plskillme
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiadj View Post
Yed i can but... After How you can adjust your volume? I had this problem too but I have repaired my button

I just can't send it to any HTC repair shop near me, the phone's 1-year warranty is finished & if I'd mail it to them for repairs -- it'd cost me around USD 85 to 120.
That's how it goes around here in the middle east, especially when you are not situated in Dubai. I'm using JAYS headset app(before it was headset button controller app).