Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 44,053 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[EMULATOR] CPSEmu 1.4 : CPS2 emulator for android

Tip us?

Cpasjuste
Old
(Last edited by Cpasjuste; 18th April 2012 at 02:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 864
Default [EMULATOR] CPSEmu 1.4 : CPS2 emulator for android

Hi,

here is the first release of my CPS2 emulator for android.
If you like my work you can support me by buying the donation version on the market

CPSEmu is a Capcom CPS2 emulator for android. Play your favorites CPS2 games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Progear, Mars Matrix and more on your android device.

- Use the same GUI as my NeoGeo emulator "NeoDroid", so "NeoDroid" will benefit of all the changes added for this release.
- You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a "cache" folder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.
- CPSEmu use a cache file when running, if you have some slowdown in the emulation, try to move your roms on another partition/sdcard.
- Thanks to frandroid for providing an xperia play device to improve/add control code/compatibility

LEGAL NOTICE:
=============
- This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Capcom Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries. CPS2 games software sold separately. "Capcom" is a registered trademark of Capcom Co. Ltd. All individual games screen shots or audio that are simulated by CPSEmu software are property of their respective copyright holders and are only used for the purpose of informing the customer of the software's functionality.

Changelog:
=======
  • 1.4:
    • Fix a crash on android devices with an OS < 3.0 (Honeycomb)
    • Joystick/buttons size and position can be configured from preferences ( Android 3.0+ )
  • 1.3:
    • Joystick/buttons size and position can be configured from preferences
    • Fix a crash on Android 2.1 when launching a rom
    • Fix a crash with dialogs when screen orientation changes
    • Improve previews downloader
    • Some bug fix
  • 1.2:
    • fix background borders color (gray > black) on some devices
    • keep screen on while emulator is running
    • add switch button to in-game menu
    • switch kick and punch buttons for 6 buttons games
  • 1.1:
    • fix a crash when trying to run an unsupported rom
    • prevent the launch of a clone rom if it's parent is not in the rom directory
    • fix a crash when trying to assign hardware buttons twice in a row in preferences
    • fix (probably) problem with hardware key mapping (up/left/right/down)
    • should add android 3.0+ native compatibility

Attached Files
File Type: apk CPSEmu-1.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.18 MB, 20339 views)
File Type: apk CPSEmu-1.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.20 MB, 6163 views)
File Type: apk CPSEmu-1.3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.33 MB, 4595 views)
File Type: apk CPSEmu-1.4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.33 MB, 33965 views)
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

egzthunder1
Old
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Thanks Meter 4832
Location: At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste
Hi,

here is the first release of my CPS2 emulator for android. If you like my work you can support me by buying the donation version on the market

CPSEmu is a Capcom CPS2 emulator for android. Play your favorites CPS2 games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Progear, Mars Matrix and more on your android device.

- Use the same GUI as my NeoGeo emulator "NeoDroid", so "NeoDroid" will benefit of all the changes added for this release.
- You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a "cache" forlder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.
- CPSEmu use a cache file when running, if you have some slowdown in the emulation, try to move your roms on another partition/sdcard.
- Thanks to frandroid for providing an xperia play device to improve/add control code/compatibility

LEGAL NOTICE:
=============
- YOU MUST OWN THE ORIGINAL GAME BEFORE DOWNLOADING A ROM
- No roms are included with this emulator
- Capcom is a registred trademark of Capcom Co. Ltd.
Not bad.. gave it a go on my transformer and just got 19xx to play. When creating the cache images of any other game like mvc, I kept on getting error messages, something about crc and CPU1 (sorry, I forgot exactly what the message said, but I will check later). The roms are ok as I know for a fact that they work.

One other thing is that I couldn't change directory and the device did not look on my SD card to see if the roms were there or not.

That said, 19xx plays butter smooth, although the on screen controls could be better (ie the cross pad a bit larger as it is very easy to run your fingers out of it). I still have to try with my TF keyboard though.

Good job otherwise. I will test on my EVO 3d and report back.

"As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I fear no evil for I am the God of Death... and this is my valley"

I have ORD

Want to see my devices? Click Below

HTC Blue Angel
ROM: WM 6.5.3 Build 23698 by d-two
Radio: 1.15

HTC Vogue (Verizon Touch)
ROM: Froyo Android (NAND) by incubus26j
Radio: 3.42.50

HTC EVO 3D
ROM: YAS4 v9 by howpathetic (ICS 4.0.4)
PRI: 1.43_003
Radio: 1.09.00.0706
HBOOT: Eng HBOOT (S-OFF)

Sony Xperia T LT30p
ROM: Stock, 91.A.0.148 (Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Sony Xperia Z Ultra - GPE
ROM: Stock, Unrooted (KitKat 4.4.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Huawei Premia 4G
ROM: Stock, Rooted (ICS 4.0.4)

HTC One (M8)
ROM: Stock, unrooted (1.57.531.7)
Radio: 1.16.21331931
HBOOT: Locked (S-ON)

Learn how to flash: CDMA Rapahel, Vogue
The Following User Says Thank You to egzthunder1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BenKranged
Old
(Last edited by BenKranged; 7th February 2012 at 06:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 55
Are you really going to make the GUI for NeoDroid white?

I know this is minor, but I much prefer the black. Perhaps an option?

Also have you considered using the menu button to open a menu with settings, email, exit, rather the the icons at the top?

For devices with a small screen and lots of roms, every bit of screen space helps.

In any case good work with these projects.

:edit:

I realize this is verison 1.0 and you probably have changes and additions in mind already.

A couple other things I noticed, in Marvel vs Capcom the lower buttons are punches and the uppers are kicks.

And the option to disable sound would be nice.

:edit 2:

I'm having a little trouble mapping hardware buttons. When I press up dpad (on a ps3 controller mapped to the phone's hardware dpad) for the first key, the clear button turns blue (highlighted) and it doesnt map the keypress and move on to the next one. In neodroid the mapping works fine

TiltMasta
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Works great with the games that are compatible, hope to see more games added in the future and the on screen pad is a bit small would be so much easier if it was enlarged a little bit, but that is my only complaint. This emulator is silky smooth and it's so awesome to bust out STF3 and it play flawlessly!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

BenKranged
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltMasta View Post
Works great with the games that are compatible, hope to see more games added in the future
Which CPS2 games are missing?

metcard
Old
Thanks Meter 42
best emulator I've used on android so far.
I've only tried a handful of games and all ran perfectly on the xperia play.
Will purchase full donate version. no doubt.

nscxp2005
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Will this emulator be able to play CPS1 games?

All the best.

NSCXP2005
HTC Hero - Brown - Elelinux 7.1-Hero-v3.6
Xperia Play - IceCream Pureness 14.0 (TurboKernel 3.0, Recovery TWRP) OC 1.5Ghz
Acer Iconia A500 - HoneyVillain 3.2 - HV 3.7 Kernel OC 1.4Ghz

mehdi.moha
Old
Thanks Meter 192
thank you soooooooooo much
it has save option really good .

but rununig slow on my xperia play .
========================================

SONY Wake-up Please ,Use you Experience ... Time to ENTER The XPERIA PLAY 2

metcard
Old
Thanks Meter 42
What games are you running that are slow?
Every rom i've played has been silky smooth.
It's the fastest Emulator that i've tried on my XPlay.

mlbl
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste View Post
Hi,

here is the first release of my CPS2 emulator for android. If you like my work you can support me by buying the donation version on the market

- You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a "cache" forlder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.

LEGAL NOTICE:
=============
- YOU MUST OWN THE ORIGINAL GAME BEFORE DOWNLOADING A ROM
- No roms are included with this emulator
- Capcom is a registred trademark of Capcom Co. Ltd.
great job! is there a way to access the game menu to set the difficulty settings, etc?
Check Out My Android Site:

Android Supernova

Try Out My Free Android Apps:

Screen On Toggler v1.5 (HoneyComb Compatible) | Rotation Toggler v1.3 (HoneyComb Compatible) | Video List Player 1.10 (HoneyComb Compatible) | More Apps