Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[request]Original Nook shortcut bar and nook apps on CM7

Tip us?

tep065
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [request]Original Nook shortcut bar and nook apps on CM7

Does anyone have the original Nook app bar (the one that pops up when u hit the N button) running on CM7 and the original Library/Friends/Shop/etc apps? or know where to get them? or how to get that bar running on CM7?

actorman46
Old
Thanks Meter 83
I don't think you can. If you like that stuff it might be best to stay with stock.

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

tep065
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Reading a bit more, seems they may be system apps. When TB backup'd i didn't realize that they didn't back up, they showed up as app icons in the app tray so figured they would be just apps. I didn't do a system backup. may restore pre-cm7 backup and see if i can't get them back'd up or pulled out or something. Of course there are alternatives to the reader, but I like the nook friends, and the reader. The nook app is pretty good, and I switched to CoolReader...but I guess I feel that it would be nice to have my cake AND eat it too...hehehe. It was/is a nifty little app bar.

imsoenthused
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It would be great to know if the stock youtube app with HD support would work as well.

conundrum768
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsoenthused View Post
It would be great to know if the stock youtube app with HD support would work as well.
The normal YouTube app from the Android Market supports HQ video formats and HD playback.

imsoenthused
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Gah, sorry, meant netflix

ckevinwelch
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Others have tried this - it won't play.

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

mikedett91
Old
Thanks Meter 20
It's my understanding that the stock netflix and the marketplace one stream the same quality, the marketplace one however will be more up to date

xrabbitfootx
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by tep065 View Post
Reading a bit more, seems they may be system apps. When TB backup'd i didn't realize that they didn't back up, they showed up as app icons in the app tray so figured they would be just apps. I didn't do a system backup. may restore pre-cm7 backup and see if i can't get them back'd up or pulled out or something. Of course there are alternatives to the reader, but I like the nook friends, and the reader. The nook app is pretty good, and I switched to CoolReader...but I guess I feel that it would be nice to have my cake AND eat it too...hehehe. It was/is a nifty little app bar.
I tried to get the reader working. I copied it to /system/apps and changed permissions but no dice.

I didn't decompile to take a close but I reckon it'll take some work to get it to function properly. I may look at it later; if anybody has some words of wisdom, I'm all ears.

until then, it's aldiko for me

sent from my galaxy nexus
if you don't have one, but you want us both to get extra storage on dropbox, click me now.

C64assembly
Old
Thanks Meter 56
The menu you are referring to its the file home.apk. That is the original home launcher on the book tablet. You can back it up with titanium backup but it will act glitchy since you cannot restore the reader app correctly with titanium backup. I guess it would be possible to save the files and copy them over and install them when cm7 is released with the sd card fix. I did install nook app for Android and was able to access my library with no problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to C64assembly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]