[OFFICIAL]Desire S gets official ICS!!!

Search This thread

cms

Jan 16, 2007
hi everyone, during my searching i found this website. do you think we should thrust them? I hope it's real!

247smartphone.com/mobile/breaking-ice-cream-sandwich-for-more-htc-smartphones-coming-in-april-25642012.html

(sorry I can't post links for now, copy and paste in browser)

it will be a hard long way to april :D:D:D

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
I am pretty happy to read this. Though I am quite sure this is not reliable, but if it is, then good for HTC. They're finally doing what they should have done, with unlockable bootloaders and updates. That profit drop was an eye opener for them.

I am even more excited about the other part, the Sensation family getting updated in February. This seems true, and it means that Sensation XL will be updated in less than a month and we'll have a port by march :D:D:D:D:D It'll help till the official update (if there is any)

PS - Congrats, you have created the future most popular thread in this section. This'll have so many pages by April, that you'll go crazy reading them :rolleyes:

I

ivanboba

omg i'm so happy about this we are going to get the official ics update wow wow wow the desire s is the best phone ever i'm so happy :D thx

tux.aka.pingu

Aug 26, 2011
The time where my phone was totally stock i was happy to hear such news... but know im glad that i have my ics custom rom, which till april will be better than the orig rom from htc.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

M

Montague Fortiscue

i don't believe the news untill a more known site will publish this rumour

someone like gsmarena or androidcentral

D

Deleted member 2496007

i don't believe the news untill a more known site will publish this rumour

someone like gsmarena or androidcentral

How about the RCMix blog?

http://rcmix3d.blogspot.com/2012/02/breaking-ice-cream-sandwich-for-more.html

If this turns out to be reliable then I'll have to take back what I said about HTC! Really hope this turns out to be true. Not so much for the ROM, we'll have decent ports of that soon anyway, but it will be nice to have official kernel and source.

Reactions: ben_pyett

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
+1

Kernel 3.0 would be a boon to AOSP ROMs too. HTC has been releasing kernel source codes regularly now, so if an update comes (and boy do i hope it does) you can expect ICS (especially Hardware Acceleration) to get a lot better.

Oh, and it will most probably be Sense 3.5 or 3.6, not 4.0 but no need to fret, with kernel source, Sense 4.0 port should be a piece of cake for our devs :D

kartikk

Mar 12, 2011
Chennai
this is awesome
gaming performance is going to go up a lot if HTC includes the new adreno 205 drivers in ICS ,which they probably will :D

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Excellent news. I hope its reliable.

However if this is false, I guess it will be my punishment for what I did last summer... I'll be getting a taste of my own medicine :p

(I made a fake HTC Facebook page saying the Desire S would officialy get sense 3.0... I got abuse here on the forum when it turned out to be fake!!)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
THAT WAS YOU ?!?!?!?!?!?!! Lol that account raised my hoped to a very high level, only to be smacked right on to the ground. Evntually though, both sense 3 and unlockable bootloaders came to the desire s.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
THAT WAS YOU ?!?!?!?!?!?!! Lol that account raised my hoped to a very high level, only to be smacked right on to the ground. Evntually though, both sense 3 and unlockable bootloaders came to the desire s.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
yeah man... haha :p... I told you in the thread way back in Summer :p But i was still a new Desire S owner, so you guys wouldn't remember me :)

I certainly remember you asking loads of questions on the fanpage, and declaring to everyone it was fake!! :p

hehe, it was quite run running that page.

After HTC released the statement that it was fake, i quickly shut the page down. I was so scared, i thought HTC would have tracked me down and arrest me for spreading false information!!

yeah man... haha :p... I told you in the thread way back in Summer :p But i was still a new Desire S owner, so you guys wouldn't remember me :)

I certainly remember you asking loads of questions on the fanpage, and declaring to everyone it was fake!! :p

hehe, it was quite run running that page.

After HTC released the statement that it was fake, i quickly shut the page down. I was so scared, i thought HTC would have tracked me down and arrest me for spreading false information!!

You're a naughty one, my friend!!!

Beamed from the Dark Side using xda premium.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For all that are interested.

1. "There is no info that HTC are dealing with bugs"
    In May there was an European RUU leak, European version, test keys. It was released here by mdeejay, and despite the fact that the developer made some cleanup and included the latest firmware it was not very well running and got issues. The kernel was not very stable to use on other ROMs as well. This was a real evidence that HTC have still quite some work to do dealing with bugs

2. "Difference between the Chinese and European release"
    Besides the language the Chinese version has zero Google integration. None. They do not use Google apps and services there. Since Sense editions for the rest of the world have deep integration with Google, and taking into account the major changes that Google made to Android and their apps recently this presumes a lot of development and testing in terms of flawless functionality.

3. "HTC bastards are not giving the Source of the Chinese OTA to the devs to work with."
    Considering the previous two points we can assume that the worldwide edition of the kernel may be slightly different. They have to release the source for the Chinese OTA, according to the GPL license. But they have no need to release the source of the other firmware that was changed. Using the kernel source standalone may cause issues as well. HTC will never release something that may not work officially. This makes them the company that they are now and the reason we all bought their device. Because it is HTC, and despite the delay they do a great work

I hope the above will explain the delay for the doubtful :)
    If not than please continue the whining in the dedicated thread that was made exactly for this purpose in the Desire S General forum: [DISCUSSION] HTC Update policy

Sent from my HTC Desire S
    Will you please stop ?
    Everyday i come here to check whether the update appeared somewhere in the world.

Instead of that i read tons of bullsh*t. You can write your emotions and impressions about HTC to your diary.

thx
    Will you all just shut up! Do all this by PM's if you must, but not here.
    I cannot believe how much you guys are complaining about HTC. There isn't another mobile company providing updates any quicker compared to them. My flagship 2011 LG P990 was promised ICS in Q2, still nothing now and zero timelines are provided. You guys have it easy. Stop crying.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app