5,600,571 Members 32,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] People's Note - Evernote client

Tip us?
 
Don Reba
Old
(Last edited by Don Reba; 24th May 2012 at 06:54 AM.) Reason: 0.40 release
#1  
Don Reba's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 21
Join Date: Aug 2009
Post [APP] People's Note - Evernote client

People's Note
http://www.peoplesnote.org


People's Note is a polished Windows Mobile note taking application with full-featured Evernote integration.

The app is completely free and open-source. New versions come out every week or few. Let me know what you think.
You can also add and vote up feature requests at the site.

Download version 0.41 here (last updated: 2012-05-24)

Features
  • Rich text note creation and editing
  • TODO list creation and editing
  • Ink and photo note creation
  • Optional synchronization with your Evernote account
  • Offline note storage
  • High performance and small memory footprint

Requirements
  • Windows Mobile 5 or 6
  • Resolution 240x240 or higher
  • Touchscreen


The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Don Reba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ninjabortion
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2010
This app works great man. Is there any setting to make it autosync anything you make?

I tried evernote long ago but didn't find it much use since there was no winmo app. Any tips or tricks?
 
joshzzz2001
Old
#3  
joshzzz2001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 396
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
wow, great app, works great on the hd2. waiting for the voice notes to be functional. some suggestions: feature to send notes through bluetooth and more color schemes
T-Mobile US HD2
WM 6.5 ROM 3.14 WWE
Manila 2.5.2018
Radio 2.15
 
Don Reba
Old
(Last edited by Don Reba; 7th February 2012 at 07:59 PM.)
#4  
Don Reba's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 21
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjabortion View Post
This app works great man. Is there any setting to make it autosync anything you make?

I tried evernote long ago but didn't find it much use since there was no winmo app. Any tips or tricks?
There are 3 votes for autosync so far, which does not quite bring it to the top of my to-do pile, but you can help to change that.
http://peoplesnote.codeplex.com/workitem/416

Evernote has a WinMo app, but it is pretty bare-bones and has not been supported for a long time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Don Reba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Don Reba
Old
#5  
Don Reba's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 21
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshzzz2001 View Post
wow, great app, works great on the hd2. waiting for the voice notes to be functional. some suggestions: feature to send notes through bluetooth and more color schemes
I'm not sure what you mean by sending notes through bluetooth. Would you elaborate?

Adding more colour schemes is unlikely. The app currently includes two versions of the interface, one for high-resolution displays and one for the low. With more variants of each, it could quickly become unmaintainable. I can't change the background colour programmatically either, because it is baked into the graphics. They are all dithered for 16-bit colour, and dithering is incompatible with transparency.
 
joshzzz2001
Old
#6  
joshzzz2001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 396
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Reba View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by sending notes through bluetooth. Would you elaborate?
It's simply you can send the notes you have to another device, say to another phone or pc, using bluetooth.
T-Mobile US HD2
WM 6.5 ROM 3.14 WWE
Manila 2.5.2018
Radio 2.15
 
Don Reba
Old
#7  
Don Reba's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 21
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshzzz2001 View Post
It's simply you can send the notes you have to another device, say to another phone or pc, using bluetooth.
The thing I wonder about is what to do with the note on the receiving end. Official Evernote clients cannot properly transfer notes outside of synchronization. Exporting to HTML is possible, but would raise the question of what to do with file attachments.

Of course, if you can connect to internet through Bluetooth, then you can simply sync.
 
ninjabortion
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Reba View Post
There are 3 votes for autosync so far, which does not quite bring it to the top of my to-do pile, but you can help to change that.
http://peoplesnote.codeplex.com/workitem/416

Evernote has a WinMo app, but it is pretty bare-bones and has not been supported for a long time.
Yeah i remember trying it out specifically because they had one, but it was terrible. Yours works great on my htc touch pro 2 though, so thanks
 
Rjinswand
Old
(Last edited by Rjinswand; 9th February 2012 at 07:36 AM.)
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Perfect timing: I just started trying out Evernote this week and wasn't really keen on Evernote's own application because it's useless offline. And here comes your app and looks great.
I got one problem, though: It refuses to connect via wifi. No problem at all via 3G, but on WiFi it steadily shows "connecting".

Oh, and being able to create new tags would be a good addition.
 
Don Reba
Old
(Last edited by Don Reba; 9th February 2012 at 08:00 AM.)
#10  
Don Reba's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 21
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinswand View Post
Perfect timing: I just started trying out Evernote this week and wasn't really keen on Evernote's own application because there it's useless offline. And here comes your app and looks great.
I got one problem, though: It refuses to connect via wifi. No problem at all via 3G, but on WiFi it steadily shows "connecting".

Oh, and being able to create new tag would be a good addition.
Thanks for complimenting the app. I have not used WiFi in a while, but will try to reproduce your problem.

Started a new work item for tag creation: http://peoplesnote.codeplex.com/workitem/1005.
Voting on feature requests gets them implemented sooner.

Tags
evernote, note, notebook, thrift
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes