Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 39,718 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DFT] Sammy Rainbow - custom roms for Samsungs 1st generation

Tip us?
 
djadry
Old
#181  
djadry's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Varese
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickg. View Post
that links are all off

here the mirror of the ROM I used: it's european, 7.0.7004 based (with 6 languages). http://uploaded.to/file/nf5id16a
Samsung Omnia 7 + Dynamics 2.2 - Nokia Lumia 710 + RainbowMod 2.2
Samsung Ativ S WP8.1 Dev Preview - Nokia Lumia 820
The Following User Says Thank You to djadry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Freddy2Fred
Old
#182  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 157
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx, NY
I have the Focus Flash. It is possible if I can install this to my phone? I assume my phone is like the Omnia 7, but im using the SGH i677.
 
Nickg.
Old
#183  
Nickg.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 190
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy2Fred View Post
I have the Focus Flash. It is possible if I can install this to my phone? I assume my phone is like the Omnia 7, but im using the SGH i677.
no, this is impossible, your phone have a different hardware and so have also different driver, bootloader...
 
dacchieu
Old
#184  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2008
I use samsang focus s, 2st generation, how long to have custom rom for my phone?
 
dazza9075
Old
#185  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 442
Posts: 2,785
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Glasgow

 
DONATE TO ME
I don't think anyone is even working on it, someone please correct me if im wrong but I really wouldn't hold your breath.

the DFT forums for the focus S are dead.
 
clicheboy
Old
#186  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 103
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Zurich
doesn't work. Installation in progress since 4 hours -.-
 
myfocusw7
Old
#187  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 46
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mumbai
So today I tried installing on my FocusV1.3 but I kept encountering the following error every time. I had the latest samsung drivers installed (SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1_5_6_0.exe) but still I kept getting this message.


What is the workaround for this?
Quote:
[Error Description]:

Please make sure that your device is connected to your computer.
also make sure that right drivers are installed (SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe)
Try to connect device to different USB port and also you can try to reboot PC.
Also you can try to exclude USB hubs.

[Info]: USBWorkDMLI_SAM.cpp (173)
 
dmw_4814
Old
#188  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 156
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfocusw7 View Post
So today I tried installing on my FocusV1.3 but I kept encountering the following error every time. I had the latest samsung drivers installed (SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1_5_6_0.exe) but still I kept getting this message.


What is the workaround for this?
Make sure you're clicking on the right executable to flash the ROM - I just installed the WP7.8 ROM on my Focus yesterday, and I tried for hours to flash it (I was getting the SAME error message as you)! I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I realized I kept double-clicking the .EXE to install MAGLDR on my phone, and I ALREADY installed it! As soon as I double-clicked the .EXE for the ROM, it installed without a hitch!

Dennis
 
myfocusw7
Old
#189  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 46
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw_4814 View Post
Make sure you're clicking on the right executable to flash the ROM - I just installed the WP7.8 ROM on my Focus yesterday, and I tried for hours to flash it (I was getting the SAME error message as you)! I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I realized I kept double-clicking the .EXE to install MAGLDR on my phone, and I ALREADY installed it! As soon as I double-clicked the .EXE for the ROM, it installed without a hitch!

Dennis
This is the exe(DFT_MLI_SAM1.exe) I'm trying to install but each time I'm getting the same error message
 
dmw_4814
Old
#190  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 156
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfocusw7 View Post
This is the exe(DFT_MLI_SAM1.exe) I'm trying to install but each time I'm getting the same error message
That's the .EXE for installing MAGLDR on your phone (I believe); do you already have MAGLDR installed, and are you now trying to flash the ROM? If so, you need the .EXE for the ROM. If you're trying to install MAGLDR and are getting this error message, I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Dennis

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes