[Sources] CWM Based Recovery On-Screen Touch Navigation Controls [Team UtterChaos]

OP Napstar

7th February 2012, 09:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,189

398 posts
Donate to Me
More
[ info ]

Hello friends!

as some of u may, or may not, have heard we have been working for the past two months on this project of getting on-screen touch navigation controls for the CWM recovery menu!

most of this work is based on the basic touch capabilities which were ported from SteamMod recovery... majority of the work was carried out by me... with some valuable inputs from my team mate DooMLoRD...

we had already released this working version on various devices which include phones like Ideos X6; Samsung Galaxy SL; SE Xperia X10, Arc, PLAY & even tablets HTC Flyer & Kindle Fire...

we finally managed to merge our sources for various devices (at least for the phones) into a common repo!
These dont currently contain sources for tablets as devices we tested on required very specific changes. We are trying to generalize them. If somebody needs it urgently, post a request as a reply in this thread. We will send them as they currently stand.

These sources are modified ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.7 sources i.e. modification over CM7 git tree for gingerbread branch.

[ credits ]

a BIG thanks to koush & the CM team for their awesome work on the CWM recovery sources

sztupy for his great work on SteamMod recovery!

[ sources ]

For CWM recovery v5.0.2.7 (branch: gingerbread)

[ info for developers ]

now coming to the main part...

we have posted this thread so that it may help other developers port our work to their device... we can use this thread as a medium to communicate if u need any specific help (FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY... NO NOOBS PLEASE)... we will also share our experiences and updates on our further work on this touch based system... yes this in not the end of it...

Here is a sneak preview of the things we have already implemeted and are currently testing...

it will soon be released for supported devices...

we are well aware that koush is already working on a touch version of CWM recovery... we do not mean to compete with anyone... since we have been working on this for a while, we felt others might benefit from this and learn something new, we sure did learn a LOT ourselves throughout this project...

feel free to use these sources to port this to ur device! but if u use them kindly credit us (Team UtterChaos) and post a link to this thread from ur OP....

enjoy!

P.S.: this is not meant to be a tutorial thread on how to compile recovery from sources! there are many tutorials available for that, SEARCH!!!!
Last edited by Napstar; 9th February 2012 at 10:38 AM.
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to Napstar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2012, 09:12 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 38,819

13,113 posts
[ device specific sources ]

HTC Flyer

Kindle Fire

something new that we are working on:

Last edited by DooMLoRD; 23rd February 2012 at 07:54 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2012, 09:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pune

398 posts
Donate to Me
More
Guide for porting to a new device
Guide for porting to a new device:

1. Download ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.7 sources (branch- Gingerbread) from https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...717598d6c74e3d
  2. Apply touch related changes from my repo.
  3. In BoardConfig.mk file from your system-device directory, if you have set some value for; BOARD_CUSTOM_RECOVERY_KEYMAPPING then apply default_recovery_ui.c related changes from my sources into your custom recovery_ui.c sources (Placed anywhere in your source tree.)
  4. Customizing recovery_ui.c for your device of interest:
  • Set TOUCH_CONTROL_DEBUG flag to 1, set maxX and maxY to 0 from recovery_ui.c
  • Compile this modified recovery and boot into recovery. Then touch anywhere on screen and note down the values printed for gr_fb_width() and gr_fb_height()
  • Open recovery_ui.c and modify resX and resY with values returned for above twofunctions.
  • Now touch extreme corners of your touch panel and note down highest X and Y values printed on screen.
  • In recovery_ui.c modify maxX and maxY to these extreme values.
  • Recompile your recovery and test it out.
Enjoy touch version of CWM recovery, made available by Team UtterChaos

Last edited by Napstar; 29th May 2012 at 09:54 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Napstar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2012, 12:37 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 43

180 posts
Donate to Me
Attempting port to gt540 (5.5.0.4 recovery)
Quite some substantial source differations, but i have the first few touch patchs in place,
compiling now
8th February 2012, 01:45 AM   |  #5  

180 posts
Donate to Me
Mhm.. i get
[UI_WAIT_KEY] key code: 330
Key: 14a
when i press on the screen which is BTN_TOUCH

Whatdo :/
Last edited by aaa801; 8th February 2012 at 02:15 AM.
8th February 2012, 08:41 AM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pune

398 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa801

Attempting port to gt540 (5.5.0.4 recovery)
Quite some substantial source differations, but i have the first few touch patchs in place,
compiling now

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa801

Mhm.. i get
[UI_WAIT_KEY] key code: 330
Key: 14a
when i press on the screen which is BTN_TOUCH

Whatdo :/

We forgot to mention that our patches are meant for gingerbread branch (v5.0.2.8) and not for ics branch (v5.5.0.4).

There are a lot many differences between these two branches itself. So, currently these patches will not work for CWM recovery v5.5 (ICS).

We are still working on porting these changes to ICS branch.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Napstar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2012, 01:59 PM   |  #7  

180 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napstar

We forgot to mention that our patches are meant for gingerbread branch (v5.0.2.8) and not for ics branch (v5.5.0.4).

There are a lot many differences between these two branches itself. So, currently these patches will not work for CWM recovery v5.5 (ICS).

We are still working on porting these changes to ICS branch.

Ye i noticed the changes, but i managed to hackup a 5.5.0.4 with your patchs applied

Are you going to be doing any more commits today?
8th February 2012, 02:55 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 76

305 posts
More
Is there a shutdown button? I read somewhere in the optimus 2x forums that it's missing. I need it because reboot doesn't work on my phone. Ramhack is messing with it. Using optimus 2x.
8th February 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Developer
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 38,819

13,113 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyronic

Is there a shutdown button? I read somewhere in the optimus 2x forums that it's missing. I need it because reboot doesn't work on my phone. Ramhack is messing with it. Using optimus 2x.

the new CWM commits (from koush) have removed the "power off" option...

though u can add it to ur self:
https://github.com/DooMLoRD/CWM-Reco...ecovery.c#L784
and
https://github.com/DooMLoRD/CWM-Reco...ecovery.c#L991
The Following User Says Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2012, 09:18 AM   |  #10  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 1

56 posts
More
Is it working for galaxy gio gt-s5660 ?
How to make it work on gio?