Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Are you trying Nitrous ROM for the first time?
YES 14 23.73%
NO 20 33.90%
COMING BACK TO IT 25 42.37%
DON'T WANT TO TRY 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][2.3.5][4.67] ۰ Nitrous 1.6.3 - Speed at your finger tips. [ UP ] ۰

Tip us?

hotstocks
Old
Thanks Meter 4
droidsail seems much easier, check it out at the market

huntingr
Old
Thanks Meter 70
I like the bootanimation. Thanks for putting gmail back in the ROM (my preference - it saves me from having to keep installing it every time I flash an update), and removing the keyboard tutorial is a great idea. I haven't seen any issues with the update so far, it's faster than ever and just keeps getting better! Nice job on the update raafaell.
---------------------------------------
Phone: HTC EVO 4G
Hardware Version: 0003
Battery: Stock
SD: 32GB Class 4 MicroSDHC

raafaell
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 532

DONATE TO ME
Good news, click-dev is getting a new and fancy website, SO I am recruiting people that have any of these knowledges: php, html, css, javascript, xml, MySQL, ROM Baking volunteer, post writer, Rom testers, Android SDK, someone that can moderate forums, graohic desig ner etc.... If you have any of these skills, please pm me to help me out with click-dev Android community.

ThankS
---
ROM: Nitrous
Kernel: Stock
Device: Nexus 5

Have I Helped You in Any Way? Click [THANKS] or Buy Me a Beer!
Developer of Nitrous ROM for Nexus 5

rjd728
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Talking ROM Rocks

I wiped with VR Superwipe, Caulkin's Format All and Factory Wipe with Amon Ra Style 3.11 Recovery. Flashed 1.3.5 and then Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.3 Beta 04. I did get stuck in a strange boot loop on first boot. However, I yanked the battery and booted to recvoery. I wiped cache and dalvik and then rebooted phone. Worked fine after that. I've installed tons of apps, Avast Antivirus, Ad free, G+, Facebook, Skype, Netflix, etc. I still have 382 MEG free. ROM is very snappy.....no force closes or reboots. I'll stick with stock kernel calibrate battery and report back. Great job DEV's!
"All Men were not created EVO"

volk9029
Old
Thanks Meter 2595
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd728 View Post
I wiped with VR Superwipe, Caulkin's Format All and Factory Wipe with Amon Ra Style 3.11 Recovery. Flashed 1.3.5 and then Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.3 Beta 04. I did get stuck in a strange boot loop on first boot. However, I yanked the battery and booted to recvoery. I wiped cache and dalvik and then rebooted phone. Worked fine after that. I've installed tons of apps, Avast Antivirus, Ad free, G+, Facebook, Skype, Netflix, etc. I still have 382 MEG free. ROM is very snappy.....no force closes or reboots. I'll stick with stock kernel calibrate battery and report back. Great job DEV's!
Darktremor A2sd comes built in. It's preferred to not use supervipe, some people had problems with it. It's better to wipe all but sd card manually.

Sent from my lair.

huntingr
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd728 View Post
FYI - If you decide to flash Darktremor Apps2SD, and When you boot for the first time after flashing Darktremor Apps2SD, the phone will bootloop 2 or three times - this is normal. It boots multiple times when it's setting itself up (moving apps to SD, etc). If you let it go, it should eventually boot up normally. It usually bootloops 3 times for me when I flash it for the first time.
Phone: HTC EVO 4G
Hardware Version: 0003
Battery: Stock
SD: 32GB Class 4 MicroSDHC

ksession
Old
Thanks Meter 17
How do you remove the recent apps?

tommytomatoe
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6806

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksession View Post
How do you remove the recent apps?
I meant to write youan email sooner but I have been so busy you dont even know.

Use these commands. Make a folder on your Desktop called "work" (can be whatever you want really, but this is just a sample). Also, have baksmali installed (if you use android-utility it installs baksmali and smali for you). I know you are on a Mac.

Place SystemUI.apk in the folder "work" on the Desktop.

Code:
cd Desktop/work

baksmali -l SystemUI.apk -o dex-out
That should have created a folder called "dex-out" next to the SystemUI.apk. If not, then you need to try again or install baksmali.

Now, open this file: dex-out/com/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarFlag.smali

Search for this chunk of code:

Code:
    sput-boolean v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarFlag;->HTC_RECENT_APP:Z

sput-boolean v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarFlag;->HTC_QUICK_SETTINGS:Z
Delete the line top line, so when you're done, you should have this:

Code:
    sput-boolean v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarFlag;->HTC_QUICK_SETTINGS:Z
Keep in mind that the line you deleted exists in two places in this file. It is crucial you delete the right one. If you do a filter (cmd+f) you will see that it exists in two places. Only delete the entry that is followed by the "HTC_QUICK_SETTINGS:Z" line that I posted above.

Now, save the file.

Go back to terminal.

Run:

Code:
smali dex-out -o classes.dex
Now, you should have three things in the folder called "work". SystemUI.apk, dex-out/, and classes.dex.

Select Option A or Option B:

A. If you have android-sdk installed and it is in your path, continue. You should have sdk anyways. Or, if you installed android-utility, you can also use this method as au installs the correct binaries for you.

Code:
aapt r SystemUI.apk classes.dex 

aapt a -v SystemUI.apk classes.dex

zipalign -f -v 4 SystemUI.apk tmp.apk && mv -f tmp.apk SystemUI.apk

adb remount && adb shell stop && adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app/ && adb shell start
That's it!!! The last command sequence can be broken apart (removing the &&s of course), or ran as one command.

B. If you dont have the necessary tools (zipalign, aapt, adb) - which you should! - then you can simply open the SystemUI.apk with an archive manager like BetterZip. Dont use the stock Mac OS one becasue you cannot modify files inside a zip with it, you can only unzip with it. Then replace the old classes.dex inside the apk with the new one you generated above. Then get it to your phone one way or another.

Obviously, option A is the more ideal way and much better.

Have fun man!

Keep in mind, this is an easy mod. All the fancy stuff towards the end is just the progression. Once you get the process down it is pretty easy.

Also, instead of using baksmali and smali (preferred in this case) you can use apktool. As I repeated a couple times, you can use android-utility or if you installed android-utility before it will provide all the necessary tools.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommytomatoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raafaell
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 532

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytomatoe View Post
I meant to write youan email sooner but I have been so busy you dont even know.

Use these commands. Make a folder on your Desktop called "work" (can be whatever you want really, but this is just a sample). Also, have baksmali installed (if you use android-utility it installs baksmali and smali for you). I know you are on a Mac.

Place SystemUI.apk in the folder "work" on the Desktop.

Code:
cd Desktop/work

baksmali -l SystemUI.apk -o dex-out
That should have created a folder called "dex-out" next to the SystemUI.apk. If not, then you need to try again or install baksmali.

Now, open this file: dex-out/com/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarFlag.smali

Search for this chunk of code:

Code:
    sput-boolean v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarFlag;->HTC_RECENT_APP:Z

Delete the line top line, so when you're done, you should have this:

Code:
Keep in mind that the line you deleted exists in two places in this file. It is crucial you delete the right one. If you do a filter (cmd+f) you will see that it exists in two places. Only delete the entry that is followed by the "HTC_QUICK_SETTINGS:Z" line that I posted above.

Now, save the file.

Go back to terminal.

Run:

Code:
smali dex-out -o classes.dex
Now, you should have three things in the folder called "work". SystemUI.apk, dex-out/, and classes.dex.

Select Option A or Option B:

A. If you have android-sdk installed and it is in your path, continue. You should have sdk anyways. Or, if you installed android-utility, you can also use this method as au installs the correct binaries for you.

Code:
aapt r SystemUI.apk classes.dex 

aapt a -v SystemUI.apk classes.dex

zipalign -f -v 4 SystemUI.apk tmp.apk && mv -f tmp.apk SystemUI.apk

adb remount && adb shell stop && adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app/ && adb shell start
That's it!!! The last command sequence can be broken apart (removing the &&s of course), or ran as one command.

B. If you dont have the necessary tools (zipalign, aapt, adb) - which you should! - then you can simply open the SystemUI.apk with an archive manager like BetterZip. Dont use the stock Mac OS one becasue you cannot modify files inside a zip with it, you can only unzip with it. Then replace the old classes.dex inside the apk with the new one you generated above. Then get it to your phone one way or another.

Obviously, option A is the more ideal way and much better.

Have fun man!

Keep in mind, this is an easy mod. All the fancy stuff towards the end is just the progression. Once you get the process down it is pretty easy.

Also, instead of using baksmali and smali (preferred in this case) you can use apktool. As I repeated a couple times, you can use android-utility or if you installed android-utility before it will provide all the necessary tools.
Thanks for this, I will try this soon, I mostly use apktool d to decompile the apks, if I modify the classes.dex would it break the chunk code?

Thanks
---
ROM: Nitrous
Kernel: Stock
Device: Nexus 5

Have I Helped You in Any Way? Click [THANKS] or Buy Me a Beer!
Developer of Nitrous ROM for Nexus 5

tommytomatoe
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6806

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raafaell View Post
Thanks for this, I will try this soon, I mostly use apktool d to decompile the apks, if I modify the classes.dex would it break the chunk code?

Thanks
When suing apktool, it work the same way. Instead of the "dex-out" folder, you will see a folder called smali inside the decompiled apk. Then just edit the StatusbarFlag.smali the same way. Then recompile and resign.

Tags
4.67, fast, nitrous, ota, rom