HTC M9 S-OFF In Less Than 24 Hours – No ETA On Release

HTC devices are no stranger to XDA’s Senior Recognized Developers … more

April Fools Round Up: The Year of Nostalgia

April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not … more

Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

microSD card - problem of writing to

8th February 2012, 06:44 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Hello!

I have a problem to write data to external microSD card mounted to my Tab 7.7. I cannot copy/move files, create folders, etc. there when doing this using the Tab. At the same time I can do all of this from my PC when the Tab is connected to it - I can create folders on the microSD, copy or move file. Also, there is no problem to read data form the external card by the Tab (books, for example). So, the problem seems to be only with writing to the card from the Tab.

Could anyone give an advice please? Thank you.
8th February 2012, 08:57 AM |#2  
kazuni's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 215
 
670 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuhor68

Hello!

I have a problem to write data to external microSD card mounted to my Tab 7.7. I cannot copy/move files, create folders, etc. there when doing this using the Tab. At the same time I can do all of this from my PC when the Tab is connected to it - I can create folders on the microSD, copy or move file. Also, there is no problem to read data form the external card by the Tab (books, for example). So, the problem seems to be only with writing to the card from the Tab.

Could anyone give an advice please? Thank you.

You can only use the internal File Manager app built-in the tablet, OR if you have a rooted tab, then use root explorer or estrongs in root mode to do so.

Basically, the microSD card is mounted in a very awkward state - normally you cannot move or delete files from the card, but with the built in file manager app you do have the proper permissions.
8th February 2012, 03:06 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuni

You can only use the internal File Manager app built-in the tablet, OR if you have a rooted tab, then use root explorer or estrongs in root mode to do so.

Basically, the microSD card is mounted in a very awkward state - normally you cannot move or delete files from the card, but with the built in file manager app you do have the proper permissions.

Kazuni, yes, this works. Thank you very much for your help.
8th February 2012, 03:07 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 33
 
180 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
There is a fix here, post #7

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1414214

You need root, and make sure you do a nandroid backup prior to modifying the file.
8th February 2012, 06:58 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
325 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa64

There is a fix here, post #7

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1414214

You need root, and make sure you do a nandroid backup prior to modifying the file.

I wonder if Gary's zip here will work on the 7.7 too?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1458021
The Following User Says Thank You to f1ux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2012, 01:58 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchie-uk

I wonder if Gary's zip here will work on the 7.7 too?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1458021



Worrk fine on 6800, 3G

Thanks
10th February 2012, 02:11 PM |#7  
maconsultant's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 121
 
691 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
That looks like the same edit i applied to my permissions.xml file.

Sent from another Galaxy...
Tab 7.7
Last edited by maconsultant; 8th August 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes