Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] how to root my HTC desire HD version Android 2.3.5 with HTC sense 3.0

OP Prashanti

8th February 2012, 01:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Hi Everybody!!

I would like to root my HTC desire HD with android version 2.3.5 & HTC sense 3.0.

As per the xda forums I have tried both the options
1. Using the unlock root tool.
2. using the Advance Ace hack kit tool.

Using the first option it gives me an error saying that "Failed to get the shell root"

Using the 2nd option Advance ace kit tool. I had run the hack-ace.cmd file using run as administrator.
Then after entering the key it asked me to downgrade it as the version it latest.
I downloaded saying "yes" then it asked for Flash to downgrade option.
After that during the time of rebooting under the flash downgrade option, it got stuck under the HBOOT menu.

I am attaching the text file of advance ace kit tool run by me for any evaluation purpose.
Attached Files
File Type: txt evaluation.txt - [Click for QR Code] (4.7 KB, 1330 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Prashanti For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2012, 02:12 AM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 2,347

3,913 posts
More
I would click on the irc link in the ace hack kit and get help there...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
9th February 2012, 02:35 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 25

119 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiedad2009

I would click on the irc link in the ace hack kit and get help there...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Might have to do a manual downgrade with PD98.img file and a goldcard, that's what I had to do first at least, (Telus DHD).
9th February 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashanti

Hi Everybody!!

I would like to root my HTC desire HD with android version 2.3.5 & HTC sense 3.0.

Using the first option it gives me an error saying that "Failed to get the shell root"

Using the 2nd option Advance ace kit tool. I had run the hack-ace.cmd file using run as administrator.
Then after entering the key it asked me to downgrade it as the version it latest.
After that during the time of rebooting under the flash downgrade option, it got stuck under the HBOOT menu.

I am attaching the text file of advance ace kit tool run by me for any evaluation purpose.

Hi Prashanti,

I was stuck in HBOOT or green HTC Logo (bootloop) the other day
Thanks to one the members from xda I have managed to to put the stock rom back in.
Heres the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...275632&page=38

Hope it helps my friend!

Kind regards,
Luke
Last edited by lukass1984; 9th February 2012 at 03:07 PM.
9th February 2012, 03:29 PM   |  #5  

35 posts
The AAHK usually will complete the process itself quite easily, but you have to prepare the correct drivers etc....I tried it on Windoze first and it didn't work, then got home ran it n Mac and it went smoothly as anything.
10th February 2012, 05:38 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Unhappy Please help me rooting my htc desire HD phone
Quote:

Hi Everybody!!

Hi after the AAKT dint help me. I have read the Effen manual ...during the time of flash downgrade it says that phone will boot in hboot and v will prompt with "vol-up" button then reboot with flashing twice..

But this dint happen only i got hboot but no instruction.

Then as per my previous post reply i tried the manual downgrade. still it dint worked after creating the gold card too.

It gives me an error saying "device not found in the command prompt as per section 2b in one of the xda forum Gingerbread method.

Please help!!
10th February 2012, 08:11 AM   |  #7  

9 posts
More
Have you tried my method? Go into recovery, plug your phone in to your pc, go to shipped Rom and download your stock rom.
Run it from your pc and you will be fine. The manual method did not worked for me but this did. Just look at my link in my previous post.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using XDA App
10th February 2012, 10:26 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukass1984

Have you tried my method? Go into recovery, plug your phone in to your pc, go to shipped Rom and download your stock rom.
Run it from your pc and you will be fine. The manual method did not worked for me but this did. Just look at my link in my previous post.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using XDA App

My hboot menu not working. When i try to boot it using vol-up & power key .... nothing is happening. What to do?
10th February 2012, 10:41 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 369

987 posts
Just in case it helps. Check out a couple of links in my sig. The Desire HD page includes a couple of Desire HD rooting videos. They might help you.
10th February 2012, 01:05 PM   |  #10  

5 posts
Quote:

My hboot menu not working. When i try to boot it using vol-up & power key .... nothing is happening. What to do?

Exactly the same problem here... Using the AAHK failed and I'm stuck on the HBOOT screen with volume and power keys unresponsive.

My AAHK run looks exactly like mine (except that I used the linux version).

Btw, I also had DHD with OTA Gingerbread 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0.

Help will be greately appreciated...!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread