FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Odin path enigma in Window 7 64 bit

8th February 2012, 01:17 PM |#1  
alidsd's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 260
 
More
Guys if you are using Odin to flash Rom or Recovery on Windows 7 64 bit computer then make sure you put the ops and md5 files on the root of C:\

I was trying to flash the CWM recovery but it wasn't successful and when I tried to reboot my phone it was stuck on boot . Then from the instruction of a thread I moved my ops and md5 file to root of C:, and amazingly it worked like a charm.

I thought that I should share it with you guys.

Thanks
 
 
8th February 2012, 03:25 PM |#2  
irishpancake's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Small Village
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alidsd

Guys if you are using Odin to flash Rom or Recovery on Windows 7 64 bit computer then make sure you put the ops and md5 files on the root of C:\

I was trying to flash the CWM recovery but it wasn't successful and when I tried to reboot my phone it was stuck on boot . Then from the instruction of a thread I moved my ops and md5 file to root of C:, and amazingly it worked like a charm.

I thought that I should share it with you guys.

Thanks

Why do you say that, you mean C:\.....not any other folder??

I flashed my ROM, as shown below, and those files were in other folders:



My PC is Windows 7 64-bit:



So, I don't know......maybe something else, you mean another drive, like D:\ or E:\ ??
8th February 2012, 09:07 PM |#3  
jahlee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag another dimension
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Errnmmm...I don't think so....maybe it's just a myth.I once doing thing with odin,wherever I place that md5 file or ops.ancora,etc...odin just work fine..

sent from another space
8th February 2012, 10:33 PM |#4  
alidsd's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 260
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpancake

Why do you say that, you mean C:\.....not any other folder??

I flashed my ROM, as shown below, and those files were in other folders:



My PC is Windows 7 64-bit:



So, I don't know......maybe something else, you mean another drive, like D:\ or E:\ ??

@ irishpancake believe me, i have faced this problem with odin. Any root of c, d or e is fine.

Sent from Hell using Tapatalk
8th February 2012, 10:44 PM |#5  
irishpancake's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Small Village
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alidsd

@ irishpancake believe me, i have faced this problem with odin. Any root of c, d or e is fine.

Sent from Hell using Tapatalk

@alidsd

I believe you......

but don't believe it is a general widespread, known issue....

as I shown in the pics, screencap taken from my actual first ODIN FW flash on this phone......

Files were anywhere but in root of C:

Perhaps I am one lucky dude......

Or you are just unlucky......


Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk
8th February 2012, 10:48 PM |#6  
THE-E's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 693
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alidsd

@ irishpancake believe me, i have faced this problem with odin. Any root of c, d or e is fine.

Thats true, it is some Windows permission issue I think. This doesnt't happen on all PCs, but if it happens it is the easiest solution.

Other programs have also issues with files in some directions/folders.

C:/ is just always mentioned because it is 99% a hard drive, and it has to be in the root of a hard drive(to be sure).

greets

THE-E
The Following User Says Thank You to THE-E For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2012, 11:45 AM |#7  
irishpancake's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Small Village
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
Words of Wisdom, once again, from THE-E:

Quote:

This doesnt't happen on all PCs, but if it happens it is the easiest solution.

Cheers man, I am happy to go with that......

you a negotiator with the UN, by any chance
9th February 2012, 09:45 PM |#8  
alidsd's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 260
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpancake

Words of Wisdom, once again, from THE-E:



Cheers man, I am happy to go with that......

you a negotiator with the UN, by any chance

Haha,, you are right. However most of the modern applications that are being written in modern languages dont have such kind of problems. I think Odin is using very old windows API calls for handling files, but i am not sure about it as i dont have source code.


Sent from Hell using Tapatalk
9th February 2012, 10:24 PM |#9  
irishpancake's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Small Village
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
Perhaps, but as ODIN is Samsung tool, I just don't know....

If you look at Service Manual I upped some time ago, in Section 6 Level 1 Repair, you see Samsung use this Multi Downloader for their own service ppl tool........

[this is PDF in Google Docs]

sorry, the manual is all over the place, but ODIN is there!!!

But, as you can see, files could be anywhere, so I don't know.

Anyway, cheers, I have a cold beer waiting!!!!

not Guinness sorry to say
Last edited by irishpancake; 9th February 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes