Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 43,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Update! 02/08/2012

Tip us?
 
xXxDieselxXx
Old
#591  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 134
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Key View Post
Update - Thanks to a few members who provided detailed information about their setups, application installs and other items we were able to replicate the sleep/battery drain issues affecting several users. We have a new firmware image going through qualification testing now and will present this to Google shortly for approval. At this point, if the firmware passes qualification testing, we should be able to release it early next week or sooner.
Thanks Gary! This is indeed great news...
 
Mubble
Old
#592  
Mubble's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 134
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
So another week not being able to use my Prime

I know they're working hard to fix the problem, but I've had my Prime for 18 days and not been able to use it once.
 
kristovaher
Old
#593  
kristovaher's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 221
Posts: 947
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tallinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Key View Post
Update - Thanks to a few members who provided detailed information about their setups, application installs and other items we were able to replicate the sleep/battery drain issues affecting several users. We have a new firmware image going through qualification testing now and will present this to Google shortly for approval. At this point, if the firmware passes qualification testing, we should be able to release it early next week or sooner.
Please this time test it also on devices that don't have problems. Your last update fixed flawed Primes, but at the same time broke many that worked alright. Make sure to test both this time or we'll have this one going until summer.
The Following User Says Thank You to kristovaher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nyijedi
Old
#594  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 241
Posts: 1,345
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristovaher View Post
Please this time test it also on devices that don't have problems. Your last update fixed flawed Primes, but at the same time broke many that worked alright. Make sure to test both this time or we'll have this one going until summer.
This is an important point. I hope they're more careful with updates moving forward.
 
buxtahuda
Old
#595  
buxtahuda's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 162
Posts: 1,375
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cleveland, MS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyijedi View Post
This is an important point. I hope they're more careful with updates moving forward.
I think that after another month with the Prime and its plethora of issues, ASUS will have no choice but to be careful with just about anything moving forward...
T-Mobile G2 w/ Google (HTC Vision/Desire Z) - Rooted: EMaokpM6

ASUS Transformer Prime CG 64GB C1OKAS017xxx: Rooted & Boosted

W7Ux64 / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Desktop:

COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper Black case
KINGWIN Mach 1 1000W power supply
ASRock A75 PRO4 mobo
AMD A8-3850 APU
HIS Radeon HD 6770 graphics
16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM
5+ TB SATA storage
 
krispy521
Old
#596  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 345
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashua, NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Key View Post
Update - Thanks to a few members who provided detailed information about their setups, application installs and other items we were able to replicate the sleep/battery drain issues affecting several users. We have a new firmware image going through qualification testing now and will present this to Google shortly for approval. At this point, if the firmware passes qualification testing, we should be able to release it early next week or sooner.
Gary,

Is it possible to fix the GPS after the 1/17 update killed it too? Prior to that update my GPS work (it was weak but functional). After the 1/17 update, it doesn't work at all.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Asus Transformer Infinity
 
eduardmc
Old
#597  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 500
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubble View Post
So another week not being able to use my Prime

I know they're working hard to fix the problem, but I've had my Prime for 18 days and not been able to use it once.
easy, just downgrade to .11

that is what i did and is working beautifully back again. All the nighmare i had with battery drain, random reboot, sleep of death are now over.

When the new firmware is release i'll give it a few days and see how the users are reacting to it.
 
killermojo
Old
#598  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 81
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
easy, just downgrade to .11

that is what i did and is working beautifully back again. All the nighmare i had with battery drain, random reboot, sleep of death are now over.

When the new firmware is release i'll give it a few days and see how the users are reacting to it.
Yes, it's a shame we have to be the beta testers for ASUS but I'll be waiting as well.
 
lamboboy732
Old
#599  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 104
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Key View Post
Update - Thanks to a few members who provided detailed information about their setups, application installs and other items we were able to replicate the sleep/battery drain issues affecting several users. We have a new firmware image going through qualification testing now and will present this to Google shortly for approval. At this point, if the firmware passes qualification testing, we should be able to release it early next week or sooner.
Thanks Gary, hope my data was helpfull. Looking foward to the update.
 
ryanbell
Old
#600  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default This update improved my TFP201

This update improved my TFP201

Everything about it makes my prime better. Was having small issues this has made things work great.... Updated via U.S version as stated on Dev Forums
Note My prime is from the U.K

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes