No registration required

New Update! 02/08/2012

OP g1xx3r

14th February 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #591  
Thanks Meter: 21

134 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Key

Update - Thanks to a few members who provided detailed information about their setups, application installs and other items we were able to replicate the sleep/battery drain issues affecting several users. We have a new firmware image going through qualification testing now and will present this to Google shortly for approval. At this point, if the firmware passes qualification testing, we should be able to release it early next week or sooner.

Thanks Gary! This is indeed great news...
14th February 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #592  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 36

134 posts
More
So another week not being able to use my Prime

I know they're working hard to fix the problem, but I've had my Prime for 18 days and not been able to use it once.
14th February 2012, 05:46 PM   |  #593  
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 221

947 posts
More
Quote:

Update - Thanks to a few members who provided detailed information about their setups, application installs and other items we were able to replicate the sleep/battery drain issues affecting several users. We have a new firmware image going through qualification testing now and will present this to Google shortly for approval. At this point, if the firmware passes qualification testing, we should be able to release it early next week or sooner.

Please this time test it also on devices that don't have problems. Your last update fixed flawed Primes, but at the same time broke many that worked alright. Make sure to test both this time or we'll have this one going until summer.
The Following User Says Thank You to kristovaher For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #594  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 244

1,383 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristovaher

Please this time test it also on devices that don't have problems. Your last update fixed flawed Primes, but at the same time broke many that worked alright. Make sure to test both this time or we'll have this one going until summer.

This is an important point. I hope they're more careful with updates moving forward.
14th February 2012, 06:08 PM   |  #595  
Flag Cleveland, MS
Thanks Meter: 162

1,375 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyijedi

This is an important point. I hope they're more careful with updates moving forward.

I think that after another month with the Prime and its plethora of issues, ASUS will have no choice but to be careful with just about anything moving forward...
14th February 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #596  
Flag Nashua, NH
Thanks Meter: 58

348 posts
More
Quote:

Gary,

Is it possible to fix the GPS after the 1/17 update killed it too? Prior to that update my GPS work (it was weak but functional). After the 1/17 update, it doesn't work at all.
14th February 2012, 08:51 PM   |  #597  
Thanks Meter: 89

548 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubble

So another week not being able to use my Prime

I know they're working hard to fix the problem, but I've had my Prime for 18 days and not been able to use it once.

easy, just downgrade to .11

that is what i did and is working beautifully back again. All the nighmare i had with battery drain, random reboot, sleep of death are now over.

When the new firmware is release i'll give it a few days and see how the users are reacting to it.
14th February 2012, 09:05 PM   |  #598  
Thanks Meter: 13

81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc

easy, just downgrade to .11

that is what i did and is working beautifully back again. All the nighmare i had with battery drain, random reboot, sleep of death are now over.

When the new firmware is release i'll give it a few days and see how the users are reacting to it.

Yes, it's a shame we have to be the beta testers for ASUS but I'll be waiting as well.
15th February 2012, 04:18 AM   |  #599  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 18

104 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks Gary, hope my data was helpfull. Looking foward to the update.
15th February 2012, 05:35 PM   |  #600  
Thanks Meter: 5

34 posts
This update improved my TFP201
This update improved my TFP201

Everything about it makes my prime better. Was having small issues this has made things work great.... Updated via U.S version as stated on Dev Forums
Note My prime is from the U.K

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread