Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Update! 02/08/2012

Tip us?

Mubble
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbell View Post
This update improved my TFP201

Everything about it makes my prime better. Was having small issues this has made things work great.... Updated via U.S version as stated on Dev Forums
Note My prime is from the U.K
Are you UK based? How did you update with the US firmware?

guthrien
Old
Thanks Meter 160
I just kept having reboots. I appreciate the downgrade info that people have supplied but I'm just shutting mine down until they figure it out. 5 reboots in about 3 1/2 hrs of usage is just insane. I did a complete wipe and reinstall as well.

At this point I'm waiting for the boot loader unlock so the community can supply better roms.
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Verizon; Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

xGary
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Anyone in Canada get it yet? Im still on firmware .11. Do you have to unfreeze apps on TitaniumBackup for updates to work (I unfroze them and still no update)

chrisfu
Old
(Last edited by chrisfu; 16th February 2012 at 01:23 PM.) Reason: Typo
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Key View Post
Update - Thanks to a few members who provided detailed information about their setups, application installs and other items we were able to replicate the sleep/battery drain issues affecting several users. We have a new firmware image going through qualification testing now and will present this to Google shortly for approval. At this point, if the firmware passes qualification testing, we should be able to release it early next week or sooner.
Hi Gary,

Any chance of starting to provide changelogs for your updates? I imagine doing such a thing will greatly increase the quality of feedback you receive and make for quicker diagnosis of issues stemming from an update.

As it stands, it takes the community around a week collectively to notice what's been changed and where, which generates a lot of ill-feeling. Adding this layer of transparency will bring you closer to your user-base.

If any other forum users agree with this sentiment, click the thank button or quote me and add your own thoughts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chrisfu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whalemonster
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Absolutely - official changelogs should accompany each firmware release.

Standard.

buxtahuda
Old
(Last edited by buxtahuda; 16th February 2012 at 01:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGary View Post
Anyone in Canada get it yet? Im still on firmware .11. Do you have to unfreeze apps on TitaniumBackup for updates to work (I unfroze them and still no update)
Consider yourself lucky so long as you don't want to waste your battery. Also a chance to start getting reboots if you don't already have them, GPS could stop altogether even though the build didn't change, and WiFi may or may not see an increase in performance (did they tweak the voltages to the chip?).

If you're rooted, check the dev section and you'll see a thread about "installing any version." This will allow you to flash a WW/US update if you want to try .13 and also allow you to revert to an older update. I'm currently on .11 again!
T-Mobile G2 w/ Google (HTC Vision/Desire Z) - Rooted: EMaokpM6

ASUS Transformer Prime CG 64GB C1OKAS017xxx: Rooted & Boosted

W7Ux64 / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Desktop:

COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper Black case
KINGWIN Mach 1 1000W power supply
ASRock A75 PRO4 mobo
AMD A8-3850 APU
HIS Radeon HD 6770 graphics
16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM
5+ TB SATA storage

ryanbell
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubble View Post
Are you UK based? How did you update with the US firmware?

Dev forums show how to apply US update to non -uk devices.

buxtahuda
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Reverted to update .11. Look around and you'll see my own and others' screenshots of this versus .13, as well as the battery effects (of the updates as a whole, not just the increase in CPU resources)

Obviously a difference.

T-Mobile G2 w/ Google (HTC Vision/Desire Z) - Rooted: EMaokpM6

ASUS Transformer Prime CG 64GB C1OKAS017xxx: Rooted & Boosted

W7Ux64 / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Desktop:

COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper Black case
KINGWIN Mach 1 1000W power supply
ASRock A75 PRO4 mobo
AMD A8-3850 APU
HIS Radeon HD 6770 graphics
16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM
5+ TB SATA storage