15th February 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #601  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 36

134 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbell

This update improved my TFP201

Everything about it makes my prime better. Was having small issues this has made things work great.... Updated via U.S version as stated on Dev Forums
Note My prime is from the U.K

Are you UK based? How did you update with the US firmware?
16th February 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #602  
Thanks Meter: 160

910 posts
I just kept having reboots. I appreciate the downgrade info that people have supplied but I'm just shutting mine down until they figure it out. 5 reboots in about 3 1/2 hrs of usage is just insane. I did a complete wipe and reinstall as well.

At this point I'm waiting for the boot loader unlock so the community can supply better roms.
16th February 2012, 12:37 PM   |  #603  
Thanks Meter: 53

597 posts
More
Anyone in Canada get it yet? Im still on firmware .11. Do you have to unfreeze apps on TitaniumBackup for updates to work (I unfroze them and still no update)
16th February 2012, 12:49 PM   |  #604  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 25

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Key

Update - Thanks to a few members who provided detailed information about their setups, application installs and other items we were able to replicate the sleep/battery drain issues affecting several users. We have a new firmware image going through qualification testing now and will present this to Google shortly for approval. At this point, if the firmware passes qualification testing, we should be able to release it early next week or sooner.

Hi Gary,

Any chance of starting to provide changelogs for your updates? I imagine doing such a thing will greatly increase the quality of feedback you receive and make for quicker diagnosis of issues stemming from an update.

As it stands, it takes the community around a week collectively to notice what's been changed and where, which generates a lot of ill-feeling. Adding this layer of transparency will bring you closer to your user-base.

If any other forum users agree with this sentiment, click the thank button or quote me and add your own thoughts.
Last edited by chrisfu; 16th February 2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Typo
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chrisfu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2012, 01:08 PM   |  #605  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 23

66 posts
More
Absolutely - official changelogs should accompany each firmware release.

Standard.
16th February 2012, 01:23 PM   |  #606  
Flag Cleveland, MS
Thanks Meter: 162

1,375 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGary

Anyone in Canada get it yet? Im still on firmware .11. Do you have to unfreeze apps on TitaniumBackup for updates to work (I unfroze them and still no update)

Consider yourself lucky so long as you don't want to waste your battery. Also a chance to start getting reboots if you don't already have them, GPS could stop altogether even though the build didn't change, and WiFi may or may not see an increase in performance (did they tweak the voltages to the chip?).

If you're rooted, check the dev section and you'll see a thread about "installing any version." This will allow you to flash a WW/US update if you want to try .13 and also allow you to revert to an older update. I'm currently on .11 again!
Last edited by buxtahuda; 16th February 2012 at 01:28 PM.
16th February 2012, 03:51 PM   |  #607  
Thanks Meter: 5

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubble

Are you UK based? How did you update with the US firmware?

Dev forums show how to apply US update to non -uk devices.
16th February 2012, 07:25 PM   |  #608  
Flag Cleveland, MS
Thanks Meter: 162

1,375 posts
More
Reverted to update .11. Look around and you'll see my own and others' screenshots of this versus .13, as well as the battery effects (of the updates as a whole, not just the increase in CPU resources)

Obviously a difference.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread