Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ICS ROM EOS for 3G Hong Kong Xoom?

Tip us?

Nick1009
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ICS ROM EOS for 3G Hong Kong Xoom?

1st of all, welldone eos team!! Will love to update this rom with my xoom hk version. but sadly most of the thread end up saying hong kong version should stay away...i think its maybe the partition issues stil the main problem, anyone here already test the rom with hong kong version?

cougarmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Why are we being left out?

Hi all,

Been using the MZ601 3g/WiFi for a few months and still can't get to a point to root it. Last time I rooted it a lot of stuff does not work like the market and memory. I paid motorola to flash it back as they will not provide the SBF file. Also HK versions are not going to get the upgrade to ICS from motorola. Though they have put it into planning stage only which means no ICS for us. If anyone have proper information on how to root HK version 3g/WiFi MZ601 please please let us know.

TIA
Eric

aR_ChRiS
Old
Thanks Meter 259
I think you guys can just flash the EU version of the EOS rom...(HK version should be UMTS instead of CDMA).
X10i - es209ra (First Android device and backup phone)
ROM: CM10 SEMC debranded engine
Kernel: Provided Kernel

Nexus 5 16GB - hammerhead
ROM: Carbon KK Builds (ART mode)
Kernel: Franco Kernel Builds

Nexus Prime - maguro
Retired due to broken usb port.

okantomi
Old
Thanks Meter 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by aR_ChRiS View Post
I think you guys can just flash the EU version of the EOS rom...(HK version should be UMTS instead of CDMA).
Only if solarnz has added the special files to deal with the HK model's storage partition issues. I'm sure he'd help if possible.
Transformer Infinity 32Gb - KK 4.2.2
ROM: CROMBI.KK with _that kernel
Nexus 7 32Gb - KK 4.4.2
Galaxy Note 2 - 4.3

When someone--anyone--helps you, give them a THANKS!

aR_ChRiS
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by okantomi View Post
Only if solarnz has added the special files to deal with the HK model's storage partition issues. I'm sure he'd help if possible.
Well there's a high possibility that the 3G xoom sold in hk is the eu version...

1. HK uses EU mobile frequencies
2. I've got my wingray in hong kong and still be able to flash the EOS rom...

So just check carefully whether or not you are having the EU xoom...

You can try flashing the EU version of the rom but I'll recommend that you'll do a backup first in recovery.

Nexus Prime - maguro

cougarmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi aR_ChRiS,

Thanks for the reply. So how exactly can I backup my original firmware? I don't want to again pay Motorola to reflash again. I cannot find the exact procedures to backup. Please help.

TIA
Eric

llama-power
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarmaster View Post
Hi aR_ChRiS,

Thanks for the reply. So how exactly can I backup my original firmware? I don't want to again pay Motorola to reflash again. I cannot find the exact procedures to backup. Please help.

TIA
Eric
install clockworkmod and, before rooting, go into the backup-menu and run a nandroid backup.

I am not sure which recovery you should use, as your partition table looks different from 'the usual'. The 'modded' CWM is modded in a way to exclude the /sdcard-folder (=/data/media) from wipes, backups, etc, so this is probably not the recovery you should go for. Also, if you change your partition table to match the european xooms, you will probably have to undo that before you can restore that backup.

aR_ChRiS
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by llama-power View Post
install clockworkmod and, before rooting, go into the backup-menu and run a nandroid backup.

I am not sure which recovery you should use, as your partition table looks different from 'the usual'. The 'modded' CWM is modded in a way to exclude the /sdcard-folder (=/data/media) from wipes, backups, etc, so this is probably not the recovery you should go for. Also, if you change your partition table to match the european xooms, you will probably have to undo that before you can restore that backup.
I would go for the tiamat recovery.

Nexus Prime - maguro

Nick1009
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarmaster View Post
Hi aR_ChRiS,

TIA
Eric

Hi, Any luck for new ICS for our xoom? please do update me if you have successfully rooted and upgrade without problem.

me as well as other hk xoom owner couldnt bear to left behind....

nick.nbgm@gmail.com

Thanks a million bro!

cougarmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rom for hk xoom

Hi Nick,
Lucikly I didn't root as my motherboard had problems and they replaced it twice. Anyway unless I can find the sbf file for hk mz601 I dont think I can safely do it. As i don't want to pay for it to be reflashed each time. Also from reading around it is best for hk users not to root. Or at least wait for the warranty to run out. For me it is end of this year

Eric