[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(I9000) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

OP krarvind

17th May 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #6971  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 12,726

5,883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brignoud

Krarvind, please, can you answer to the question I've made some posts earlier.

Do the files "systemUI and framework-res" modified for developing Slim or are they original and are they coming from wich project (stock, AOPK, Cyanogen...?)

Thank you

I did more than once.

"Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team"

It's obv stock based but modified to my liking
17th May 2012, 02:45 PM   |  #6972  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 166

996 posts
why cant i capture images while taking video?? using slim v3.6 with semaphore 1.1.2
17th May 2012, 02:56 PM   |  #6973  
Thanks Meter: 47

565 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krarvind

I did more than once.

"Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team"

It's obv stock based but modified to my liking

I really thank you.
If you want spending some minutes again, what we can loose if we substitute them?

BTW Never stuck the same time on a ROM then your ROM and I broadcast the name worldwide.
17th May 2012, 03:00 PM   |  #6974  
Flag Brescia
Thanks Meter: 353

820 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaimed

why cant i capture images while taking video?? using slim v3.6 with semaphore 1.1.2

because this function not exist! (if I remember well this function is in GB)
17th May 2012, 03:29 PM   |  #6975  
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
menu unlock
does menu unlock work for you? some people claim it doesn't work for them either.
did a clean re-install recently and i'm 100% stock.
tried to turn in off and on rebooting inbetween.
17th May 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #6976  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 178

1,011 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by st3v3y_uk

I had that problem a couple of weeks ago but found that it disappeared after starting from scratch again. Flash GB through Odin then onto CM9 and then back to Slim. It can be a pain to start again but that removed it for me.

The problem is in datadata. No need to do that to fix it. Just uninstall programs that fill that part of memory - Google Currents, Plus, etc. - or apply the script with the fix.
17th May 2012, 04:18 PM   |  #6977  
Thanks Meter: 883

738 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi krarvind,

hope you have read my pm's
17th May 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #6978  
Thanks Meter: 47

565 posts
Weird but usefull things
I want to share an involuntary trick I discover some weeks ago with Slim.

First of all, I used to remove all sound effect and replace them with mine acting inside system\media\sound\...

I have a script for this that copy all my sound file inside ringtone UI and notification folders.
Due to the fact that I wanted analize my zip again, I extracted the content inside my SD CARD (the older external SD card in GB, the 6Gbyte area to understand it) so recreating the exact structure of system\media\sound....

Then I go to choise my happy song for default ringotones and, surprise, I saw it reported twice in the list.
Happy Idea, I did remove all the ringtones in the original folders (the internal area, or internal SD) and stay with only ringotones present in the new location.

It's works, sound is correctly reproduced!!

What does it means?
First of all, upgrading ROM doesn't necessary means that we lost this kind of configuration if you decide to leave all your sound file in the SD CARD since the format operation before and system folder recreation after doesn't touch this (you only have to delete the newers files) but....
... I think the major advantage of this is to save space on the internal SD CARD so, perheaps, reducing the risk of NO MORE SPACE (aka Low space notification).

I didn't understand why this happen but it is.
I think, other experiments like this can be tested to "move" and preserve something.
Happy to hear a real developer like I'm surely not.
Last edited by Brignoud; 17th May 2012 at 04:47 PM.
17th May 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #6979  
Thanks Meter: 70

340 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brignoud

I have a script for this that copy all my sound file inside ringtone UI and notification folders.

any chance you could share your script with us? I'm doing the same thing, but manually so the script could come in handy
thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krarvind

no, i haven't reviewed it and it only happens for few. so u will have to do it yourself, sorry.

thanks for NOT including the fix by default! me and many others don't need it and in such a case it would cost performance without any gain
The Following User Says Thank You to 2k4ever For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2012, 05:00 PM   |  #6980  
Thanks Meter: 42

746 posts
More
Sometimes when im surfing net (using dolphin browser) then i hear a notification that i received a message from someone(using enhanced sms & caller id voice notifs) it won't show on status bar and sometimes worse, i can't see it on sms(handcent). Sometimes even not showing on status bar, i will see it on sms. That occurs particularly when quite lagging. But when im playing a game, i will receive it normally. Any ideas? Im using eCID, NoLED, juice def. Ultimate btw.

Anyone had this problem?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, ass, dhlalit11, ics, xda
Previous Thread Next Thread