Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][2.2+][3 SEP 2012] FTL Launcher V3.1.3 - All resolutions - ICS compatible -

OP lowveld

29th February 2012, 09:44 AM   |  #311  
Flag Rio
Thanks Meter: 7

38 posts
More
Any chance or plan for Android 2.1 Xperia X8?

Sent from my E15a using XDA App
29th February 2012, 01:12 PM   |  #312  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,753

2,178 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickets73

Any chance or plan for Android 2.1 Xperia X8?

Sent from my E15a using XDA App

2.1 support is very tricky, I cannot guarantee it at the moment. But Froyo support is now validated, so it's safe to use.

But one thing that surprises me, is that there are almost no "lower end" users downloading from market. It's like the mdpi and froyo support update went completely unnoticed. It's sad, because it gave a truckload of work.

Having this is mind, it's not very encouraging to spend time supporting further devices/resolutions... Just my 2 cents...

Cheers
29th February 2012, 08:46 PM   |  #313  
Thanks Meter: 78

485 posts
It's great! The smoothest I've tried so far, i bought it, but I have some requests:
1(important for me). Is it possible to have pages on the drawer so I can sort out my apps? Categories like ADW would be great!

extra
2.Some customization options would be great (icon name/number/size, some basic fx!)
3.Running-apps page (like nemus launcher) would be nice!

Tw launcher 4.5 was super-smooth (the smoothest before a tried FTL!) on my optimus 2x, but I had to replace it because it didn't support rotation... This one is the smoothest so far, but I'm probably going to use nemus for now because i need to sort out my apps!
1st March 2012, 12:20 AM   |  #314  
Flag Rio
Thanks Meter: 7

38 posts
More
FTL Launcher on Android 2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowveld

2.1 support is very tricky, I cannot guarantee it at the moment. But Froyo support is now validated, so it's safe to use.

But one thing that surprises me, is that there are almost no "lower end" users downloading from market. It's like the mdpi and froyo support update went completely unnoticed. It's sad, because it gave a truckload of work.

Having this is mind, it's not very encouraging to spend time supporting further devices/resolutions... Just my 2 cents...

Cheers

As you said, maybe the "lower end" users didn't even notice the compatibility. But it's exactly those lower end users that would benefit more of a light launcher on their slower devices (exactly my case with an XPeria X8 with ~200Mb RAM only and slower clock). I arrived here looking for something lighter than ADW Launcher (after coming from GO Launcher, that as well as big became buggy).

One day I'll upgrade to a new device, but while my (rooted) X8 allows me to do so much on it, I'd rather pay $ for a lighter and faster launcher than pay a whole lot $$$ to get a new device. I see my friends' Samsung Galaxy S II lightning fast and dream of one. But as one friend said, for him there's no need to install another launcher as the internal one is good and fast already.

Today I took a look at a launcher called "Lightning Launcher". The concept is interesting: the launcher is a small app, while the settings and widget options are separate apps. The user runs the settings app when needed, but it doesn't remain loaded in RAM together with the launcher. But unfortunately it's full of bugs...

Anyway, let's try and advert the compatibility of FTL to the lower-end folks. I'd be willing to pay for 2.1 compatibility.

Thanks for your response.
1st March 2012, 01:16 PM   |  #315  
Thanks Meter: 15

77 posts
More
Is it possible to change the default homescreen in the free version? If yes, how?

Sent from my Blade using XDA App
1st March 2012, 01:19 PM   |  #316  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowveld

Cheers

I will tell you my opinion about this, most lower end users use Zeam and right now there is nothing in the free version of FTL that will make them switch.
A solution would be to make free version more "rich" on the standards of Zeam so more low device users might give it a try.
2nd March 2012, 01:32 AM   |  #317  
California
Thanks Meter: 349

231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqpp

I love this launcher, but i likes adw launcher ex better

This launcher is much faster, and works better on my Infuse 4g than adw ex. Will enjoy seeing it's progress! Thank you for a great product.
2nd March 2012, 09:07 AM   |  #318  
Thanks Meter: 185

1,398 posts
hi,

Immediately bought it! What a nice app! Is it ok that i make a request?

- folders in app drawer
- resizing of widgets

regards
2nd March 2012, 11:55 AM   |  #319  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,753

2,178 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdt352

This launcher is much faster, and works better on my Infuse 4g than adw ex. Will enjoy seeing it's progress! Thank you for a great product.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treare

hi,

Immediately bought it! What a nice app! Is it ok that i make a request?

- folders in app drawer
- resizing of widgets

regards

Sure it's ok to make requests, it's the all point of this thread: Listen to users and what they want.

Unfortunately what you are asking will not be in next version. But resizable dock icons and configurable desktop grid will.

Cheers
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lowveld For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2012, 12:06 PM   |  #320  
Thanks Meter: 597

1,529 posts
More
Any news about ldpi version? I'm really excited about this launcher and I'm prepared to buy it :)

Swyped from my Galaxy mini

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, fast, launcher, smooth
Previous Thread Next Thread