5,599,033 Members 31,581 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+][3 SEP 2012] FTL Launcher V3.1.3 - All resolutions - ICS compatible -

Tip us?

Mickets73
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Any chance or plan for Android 2.1 Xperia X8?

Sent from my E15a using XDA App

lowveld
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickets73 View Post
Any chance or plan for Android 2.1 Xperia X8?

Sent from my E15a using XDA App
2.1 support is very tricky, I cannot guarantee it at the moment. But Froyo support is now validated, so it's safe to use.

But one thing that surprises me, is that there are almost no "lower end" users downloading from market. It's like the mdpi and froyo support update went completely unnoticed. It's sad, because it gave a truckload of work.

Having this is mind, it's not very encouraging to spend time supporting further devices/resolutions... Just my 2 cents...

Cheers
Check out my apps!

Ultimate Call Screen HD
FTL Launcher
Ultimate Contacts HD Sync

Twitter: @LowveldWare (Android Related) @buildroot (Personal)

kickokim
Old
Thanks Meter 78
It's great! The smoothest I've tried so far, i bought it, but I have some requests:
1(important for me). Is it possible to have pages on the drawer so I can sort out my apps? Categories like ADW would be great!

extra
2.Some customization options would be great (icon name/number/size, some basic fx!)
3.Running-apps page (like nemus launcher) would be nice!

Tw launcher 4.5 was super-smooth (the smoothest before a tried FTL!) on my optimus 2x, but I had to replace it because it didn't support rotation... This one is the smoothest so far, but I'm probably going to use nemus for now because i need to sort out my apps!

Mickets73
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default FTL Launcher on Android 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowveld View Post
2.1 support is very tricky, I cannot guarantee it at the moment. But Froyo support is now validated, so it's safe to use.

But one thing that surprises me, is that there are almost no "lower end" users downloading from market. It's like the mdpi and froyo support update went completely unnoticed. It's sad, because it gave a truckload of work.

Having this is mind, it's not very encouraging to spend time supporting further devices/resolutions... Just my 2 cents...

Cheers
As you said, maybe the "lower end" users didn't even notice the compatibility. But it's exactly those lower end users that would benefit more of a light launcher on their slower devices (exactly my case with an XPeria X8 with ~200Mb RAM only and slower clock). I arrived here looking for something lighter than ADW Launcher (after coming from GO Launcher, that as well as big became buggy).

One day I'll upgrade to a new device, but while my (rooted) X8 allows me to do so much on it, I'd rather pay $ for a lighter and faster launcher than pay a whole lot $$$ to get a new device. I see my friends' Samsung Galaxy S II lightning fast and dream of one. But as one friend said, for him there's no need to install another launcher as the internal one is good and fast already.

Today I took a look at a launcher called "Lightning Launcher". The concept is interesting: the launcher is a small app, while the settings and widget options are separate apps. The user runs the settings app when needed, but it doesn't remain loaded in RAM together with the launcher. But unfortunately it's full of bugs...

Anyway, let's try and advert the compatibility of FTL to the lower-end folks. I'd be willing to pay for 2.1 compatibility.

Thanks for your response.

badmoj0
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Is it possible to change the default homescreen in the free version? If yes, how?

Sent from my Blade using XDA App
Nexus 5, LG G Pad 8,3

haigoeo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowveld View Post

Cheers
I will tell you my opinion about this, most lower end users use Zeam and right now there is nothing in the free version of FTL that will make them switch.
A solution would be to make free version more "rich" on the standards of Zeam so more low device users might give it a try.

jdt352
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqpp View Post
I love this launcher, but i likes adw launcher ex better
This launcher is much faster, and works better on my Infuse 4g than adw ex. Will enjoy seeing it's progress! Thank you for a great product.

treare
Old
Thanks Meter 106
hi,

Immediately bought it! What a nice app! Is it ok that i make a request?

- folders in app drawer
- resizing of widgets

regards

lowveld
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdt352 View Post
This launcher is much faster, and works better on my Infuse 4g than adw ex. Will enjoy seeing it's progress! Thank you for a great product.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treare View Post
hi,

Immediately bought it! What a nice app! Is it ok that i make a request?

- folders in app drawer
- resizing of widgets

regards
Sure it's ok to make requests, it's the all point of this thread: Listen to users and what they want.

Unfortunately what you are asking will not be in next version. But resizable dock icons and configurable desktop grid will.

Cheers
Check out my apps!

Ultimate Call Screen HD
FTL Launcher
Ultimate Contacts HD Sync

Twitter: @LowveldWare (Android Related) @buildroot (Personal)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lowveld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gnaver
Old
Thanks Meter 572
Any news about ldpi version? I'm really excited about this launcher and I'm prepared to buy it :)

Swyped from my Galaxy mini

Tags
android, fast, launcher, smooth