[APP][2.2+][3 SEP 2012] FTL Launcher V3.1.3 - All resolutions - ICS compatible -

OP lowveld

15th April 2012, 05:57 AM   |  #501  
Flag Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
Thanks Meter: 941

3,645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowveld

No need to get offensive... :P

Now seriously, up to now every feature added as no impact on performance, and that's my main concern. I don't mind adding stuff, as long as it is useful and does not bloat.

Even the theming was done in a way that it has no impact whatsoever on runtime performance.

But for full disclosure, here are my intended next steps for FTL, in no particular importance order, and definitely with no timeline or ETA associated:

- Fix the drawer always starting at "A". There's a guy always bitching about this
- Improve the swipe up and down actions to be more configurable (like launching apps and whatnot)
- On the theming side, find a way to change individual icons
- completely re-do the dock code to allow more stuff
- Add a configurable app filter, or some sort of means to build personalized app lists to use on the drawers

Notice that stuff like "horizontal scrolling drawers" is not on the list. Not that it won't be on the future, but I honestly don't consider it a priority. Also over-the-top effects are not, and will probably never be on the list.

Bottom line, apart from the items I mentioned, I'm very much pleased with FTL V3.

Cheers

i upfront apologize for being the BITCH in quote to the BOLDED part ;
- Fix the drawer always starting at "A". There's a guy always bitching about this

i am of course in favor of performance, as long as it doesn't bloat up (like my comment on GO Launcher)

i worship Launcherpro, and the only person so far that can match this is you.
thats what I honestly believe, and I am a mere person to help you in that direction
15th April 2012, 11:49 AM   |  #502  
Flag Borlänge
Thanks Meter: 29

585 posts
More
Sounds great lowveld!

May I just add one more thing to your list, an accelerated 2d drawer ;)

I think it's hard to see the icons in the 3d one.

And one last thing!

Remember to take some time off, go fishing with your kid or something and let us hang for a while. You totally deserve it!

Cheers!

Skickat från min HTC Desire S via Tapatalk 2
15th April 2012, 01:02 PM   |  #503  
Thanks Meter: 11

96 posts
More
Downloading...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
15th April 2012, 01:33 PM   |  #504  
Thanks Meter: 11

96 posts
More
Great work it's very fast really! I ll use it in the next days :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
15th April 2012, 11:43 PM   |  #505  
Flag Devon
Thanks Meter: 69

352 posts
More
Hey Lowveld, finally got the licensing issues mentioned previously Could only do it by getting Google play support to remove the purchased tag so I could buy it. Have just upgraded to V3 and it feels as speedy as ever . I have uploaded a couple of screenshots to show the icon size issue. One SS is ADW & the other is FTL. As you can see the icon sizes are strangely small, but the Widgets are Ok. The Screenshots are from an Atrix with a 960x540 screen. As others have suggested changeable icons would be welcome here. Thanks again for all your efforts and a speedy launcher.

Splashed from a puddle in Devon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1334527244077.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1006077   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1334527880316.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1006078  
Last edited by Fastrite; 15th April 2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: spelling
15th April 2012, 11:57 PM   |  #506  
Thanks Meter: 78

485 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrite

Hey Lowveld, finally got the licensing issues mentioned previously Could only do it by getting Google play support to remove the purchased tag so I could buy it. Have just upgraded to V3 and it feels as speedy as ever . I have uploaded a couple of screenshots to show the icon size issue. One SS is ADW & the other is FTL. As you can see the icon sizes are strangely small, but the Widgets are Ok. The Screenshots are from an Atrix with a 960x540 screen. As others have suggested changeable icons would be welcome here. Thanks again for all your efforts and a speedy launcher.

+1 bigger icons would be great when choosing grid like 5x5

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda premium
Last edited by kickokim; 16th April 2012 at 12:00 AM.
16th April 2012, 02:39 AM   |  #507  
Thanks Meter: 48

586 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickokim

+1 bigger icons would be great when choosing grid like 5x5

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda premium

Would like this as well...

Also, seems to consume a lot of ram, it averages around 25mb for me...is that what others are seeing?
16th April 2012, 05:29 AM   |  #508  
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treare

Ok.... sorry for all these postings but i'm trying to find a sequence when FTL start losing things. it seems that every shortcut or widget on row 5 and 6 is gone after a restart of ftl. (my setup is 6 rows and 4 columns). hope this helps a bit

I have the same problem too.. Using 5 X 5 setting and all widgets gone after a shut off or restart.. Any fix particularly for this yet? Nice launcher anyhow =)
16th April 2012, 05:44 AM   |  #509  
Flag Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
Thanks Meter: 941

3,645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrite

I noticed the app icon sizes small , and they dont match the widgets as well

nice picture you took to differentiate them

im on qHD (HTC EVO3D) as well and facing that same problem

on performance, its still speedy as hell regardless... Enjoy the scenery seems to be the best setting , anything else looks distorts the performance
17th April 2012, 11:53 AM   |  #510  
Flag Spalding
Thanks Meter: 642

1,074 posts
More
@lowveld

I've incorporated FTL Lite into my ROM (given you credit and a link to here in the OP) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1540320

Thanks for the fantastic speedy launcher.

Cheers.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, fast, launcher, smooth
Previous Thread Next Thread