Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 49,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][CM9][1/29/12] Icy Glitch V14 - BETA - LiveOC - Voodoo - DIDLE - USBhost

Tip us?

neh4pres
Old
Thanks Meter 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen.k.spear View Post
if you use the one in the OP you will break your sensors. You need to use the Efpophis fixed test build floating around. Do not use the big ram kernel. It will break video and camcorder on the ths builds.

Just out of curiosity why are you guys waiting for THS builds when our kangs have the newest frameworks, all the glitch tweaks and kernel, and did I mention at least 47MB (or ~15%) more ram?

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.
I don't understand it either. There are no options on ths. It's plain vanilla. And with all being equal, that would be a valid choice. But there not anymore. With the extra ram the phone is all around more responsive, and you don't need to use the aokp modifications If the plain old ics is what your looking for.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to neh4pres For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stephen.k.spear
Old
Thanks Meter 3907

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by neh4pres View Post
I don't understand it either. There are no options on ths. It's plain vanilla. And with all being equal, that would be a valid choice. But there not anymore. With the extra ram the phone is all around more responsive, and you don't need to use the aokp modifications If the plain old ics is what your looking for.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
yeah the ths builds literally don't have anything the kangs don't. But the kangs got glitchy goodness.

Like my work? Buy me a beer. Twitter: @stevespeartweet

Aali1011
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen.k.spear View Post
if you use the one in the OP you will break your sensors. You need to use the Efpophis fixed test build floating around. Do not use the big ram kernel. It will break video and camcorder on the ths builds.

Just out of curiosity why are you guys waiting for THS builds when our kangs have the newest frameworks, all the glitch tweaks and kernel, and did I mention at least 47MB (or ~15%) more ram?

Honestly i have no reasons what so ever and will try it infact. While following the THS thread a couple people have come and gone complaining about other ICS builds for the phone in comparison. Obviously results will vary from user to user. That was a slight sway away for me. Other then that for what THS was providing me I was happy. But i will give it a shot come tomorrow and see how it goes.

ssewk2x
Old
Thanks Meter 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstringsg View Post
efpophis.glitchteam.com will have whatever they need.
Yeah, what he said
--
ssewk2x aka Efpophis

Verizon Fascinate (retired)
AT&T Note II - PAC-man (whatever nightly I managed to flash last), Devil kernel (latest, possibly my own custom build)

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3365

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aali1011 View Post
Honestly i have no reasons what so ever and will try it infact. While following the THS thread a couple people have come and gone complaining about other ICS builds for the phone in comparison. Obviously results will vary from user to user. That was a slight sway away for me. Other then that for what THS was providing me I was happy. But i will give it a shot come tomorrow and see how it goes.
I would take in great consideration whos information your reading...AOKP is the best rom ever for our device. THS was a great stepping stone in the begining, but AOKP is much improved. Think of THS as the old vanilla gingerbread(much improved of course) and AOKP is the new and improved cm7(which is now cm9)
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

shag_on_e
Old
Thanks Meter 184
So, with all the new hype and as far as it's come, I'm wondering if it would be possible to incorporate Team Win's recovery for us as opposed to the CW based one. I'm sure it would cause much work, just curious if it's possible.

~~~~There is no spoon~~~~

ssewk2x
Old
Thanks Meter 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by shag_on_e View Post
So, with all the new hype and as far as it's come, I'm wondering if it would be possible to incorporate Team Win's recovery for us as opposed to the CW based one. I'm sure it would cause much work, just curious if it's possible.

If you'd like to point me to where I can find this recovery and source code for it, I can check it out at some point.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Also, I wanted to report that I just observed some .. interesting .. behavior related to Fast Charge. I'm posting it in the kernel thread since fast charge is a feature of the kernel.

Anyway, I was just fiddling with my phone, and I needed to ADB for something. So I shut off fast charge and plugged in, and everything was great. When I was done, I used NSTools to toggle fast charge off, exited NStools, waited a few seconds, and plugged my USB in. It says "USB connected," wtf?? Like fast charge wasn't on.

So, I adb into my phone to check on a few things. I look at the sysfs interface, and it says that fast charge is enabled, yet I'm looking at it through ADB, which should be disabled if fast charge was really on. So what the heck? I poke around at a couple other things I wanted to check in the meantime, like callboost, init.d permissions, etc., when all the sudden, my ADB shell exits, the device disconnects from my computer, and it starts fast charging. This was at least 30 sec to a minute AFTER I had toggled fast charge back on.

So I guess the moral of the story is, "when toggling fast-charge back on, patience is a virtue, but it will eventually work."
--
ssewk2x aka Efpophis

Verizon Fascinate (retired)
AT&T Note II - PAC-man (whatever nightly I managed to flash last), Devil kernel (latest, possibly my own custom build)
The Following User Says Thank You to ssewk2x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sixstringsg
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 7006

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shag_on_e View Post

Team Win isn't available for the Galaxy S as far as I know.
Don't like my answer? Whatch this or read this
Are you a dev still using mediafire or dropbox for hosting? PM me up and we'll get that fixed.

shag_on_e
Old
(Last edited by shag_on_e; 12th April 2012 at 05:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 184
[QUOTE=ssewk2x;24765246]If you'd like to point me to where I can find this recovery and source code for it, I can check it out at some time

Here is the source for TW. They officially support the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, and some others. I didn't see any Galaxy S devices but it would be sick to see that change. The recovery is insane with features.

https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project

Here is their website...

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

sixstringsg
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 7006

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=shag_on_e;24767975]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssewk2x View Post
If you'd like to point me to where I can find this recovery and source code for it, I can check it out at some time

Here is the source for TW. They officially support the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, and some others. I didn't see any Galaxy S devices but it would be sick to see that change. The recovery is insane with features.

https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project

Here is their website...

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

They tried to get on Galaxy S, and quit due to some technical difficulties.
Don't like my answer? Whatch this or read this
Are you a dev still using mediafire or dropbox for hosting? PM me up and we'll get that fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixstringsg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]