MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[Apk] [Hot] Google Chrome Beta [Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich ONLY]

9th February 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 11

83 posts
The Android version of Google’s awesome browser Chrome is out. The version is still in beta, but we can confirm that this version is stable and does pretty good even better than the Android stock browser in term of Speed and performance. As we know, Google Chrome is one of the most popular browser in the world, which just took few years to take it to the most used browsers. The mobile version, in this case is Android version is currently available only for the latest Android OS Ice Cream Sandwich. Download and install Google Chrome Beta now and feel the incredibly fast and the impressive performance of this browser. Browse fast on your Android smartphone or tablet, and bring your personalized Chrome experience with you anywhere you go. Chrome for Android is available, initially in Beta, on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.

Download Chrome Beta Link
Android Market Link
The Following User Says Thank You to Amir.Adel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2012, 06:54 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Slovenj Gradec
Thanks Meter: 736

2,252 posts
More
Might test it out during the weekend when I usually do my "ROM testing"
9th February 2012, 07:53 PM   |  #3  
Flag Stockton-On-Tees
Thanks Meter: 74

332 posts
More
tried it it always stops
ill try the one posted in the link to see if its any different

EDIT:- unfortunately, chrome beta has stopped

i think it is only for arm-v7 devices atm
Last edited by MkBy; 9th February 2012 at 08:06 PM.
3rd March 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #4  
London
Thanks Meter: 44

200 posts
More
Unhappy not compatible for wildfire
Well the beta is over and chrome isnt supported for wildfire
17th July 2012, 05:10 AM   |  #5  
Flag Launceston
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by owner eod

Well the beta is over and chrome isnt supported for wildfire

I know! This really sucks!
I'm sure we could just install the .apk? I did that with Temple run on the stock ROM it ran but it was a tad laggy.. Darn Google and wanting to make us buy new phones!
17th July 2012, 06:14 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Slovenj Gradec
Thanks Meter: 736

2,252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-Matt

I know! This really sucks!
I'm sure we could just install the .apk? I did that with Temple run on the stock ROM it ran but it was a tad laggy.. Darn Google and wanting to make us buy new phones!

Its probably the lack of a GPU that makes our phone unsupported, since Chrome relies heavily on it.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium
17th July 2012, 06:22 AM   |  #7  
Flag Singapore,CQ
Thanks Meter: 237

598 posts
More
Thumbs down
its not google's fault...the fact is ...out phone it from an vintage age...with an arm 6 processor,no gpu....a ldpi screen...

if you want ics...or jellybean shift to a better fone...and if you wanna stick to willy...be happy with what you get... preferably cm6 or cm7 is the best option till now

and guys before posting any-ting please test it....if its compatible with wildfire then only post...
18th July 2012, 07:51 PM   |  #8  
Flag East London RSA
Thanks Meter: 24

124 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir.Adel

The Android version of Google’s awesome browser Chrome is out. The version is still in beta, but we can confirm that this version is stable and does pretty good even better than the Android stock browser in term of Speed and performance. As we know, Google Chrome is one of the most popular browser in the world, which just took few years to take it to the most used browsers. The mobile version, in this case is Android version is currently available only for the latest Android OS Ice Cream Sandwich. Download and install Google Chrome Beta now and feel the incredibly fast and the impressive performance of this browser. Browse fast on your Android smartphone or tablet, and bring your personalized Chrome experience with you anywhere you go. Chrome for Android is available, initially in Beta, on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.

Download Chrome Beta Link
Android Market Link

Nice, tried downloading this, the dropbox link has expired and market says my phone is not compatible, if that is so then why post this in the wildfire forum??????????????????????????????????
22nd July 2012, 11:36 AM   |  #9  
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
does it work on arm v6 ?
22nd July 2012, 05:29 PM   |  #10  
Flag Poitiers
Thanks Meter: 269

780 posts
More
Chrome for Android is an ArmV7 app, it will not work on the HTC Wildfire.

-----------
"You can overclock as much as you want, your phone will always seem too slow."

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread