Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Apk] [Hot] Google Chrome Beta [Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich ONLY]

OP Amir.Adel

9th February 2012, 07:45 PM   |  #1  
Amir.Adel's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 11
 
85 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
The Android version of Google’s awesome browser Chrome is out. The version is still in beta, but we can confirm that this version is stable and does pretty good even better than the Android stock browser in term of Speed and performance. As we know, Google Chrome is one of the most popular browser in the world, which just took few years to take it to the most used browsers. The mobile version, in this case is Android version is currently available only for the latest Android OS Ice Cream Sandwich. Download and install Google Chrome Beta now and feel the incredibly fast and the impressive performance of this browser. Browse fast on your Android smartphone or tablet, and bring your personalized Chrome experience with you anywhere you go. Chrome for Android is available, initially in Beta, on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.

Download Chrome Beta Link
Android Market Link
The Following User Says Thank You to Amir.Adel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2012, 07:54 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Slovenj Gradec
Thanks Meter: 742
 
2,261 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Might test it out during the weekend when I usually do my "ROM testing"
9th February 2012, 08:53 PM   |  #3  
MkBy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockton-On-Tees
Thanks Meter: 75
 
334 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
tried it it always stops
ill try the one posted in the link to see if its any different

EDIT:- unfortunately, chrome beta has stopped

i think it is only for arm-v7 devices atm
Last edited by MkBy; 9th February 2012 at 09:06 PM.
3rd March 2012, 11:46 PM   |  #4  
owner eod's Avatar
Senior Member
London
Thanks Meter: 44
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Unhappy not compatible for wildfire
Well the beta is over and chrome isnt supported for wildfire
17th July 2012, 06:10 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Launceston
Thanks Meter: 2
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by owner eod

Well the beta is over and chrome isnt supported for wildfire

I know! This really sucks!
I'm sure we could just install the .apk? I did that with Temple run on the stock ROM it ran but it was a tad laggy.. Darn Google and wanting to make us buy new phones!
17th July 2012, 07:14 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Slovenj Gradec
Thanks Meter: 742
 
2,261 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-Matt

I know! This really sucks!
I'm sure we could just install the .apk? I did that with Temple run on the stock ROM it ran but it was a tad laggy.. Darn Google and wanting to make us buy new phones!

Its probably the lack of a GPU that makes our phone unsupported, since Chrome relies heavily on it.



Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium
17th July 2012, 07:22 AM   |  #7  
djpry's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore,CQ
Thanks Meter: 237
 
598 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Thumbs down
its not google's fault...the fact is ...out phone it from an vintage age...with an arm 6 processor,no gpu....a ldpi screen...

if you want ics...or jellybean shift to a better fone...and if you wanna stick to willy...be happy with what you get... preferably cm6 or cm7 is the best option till now


and guys before posting any-ting please test it....if its compatible with wildfire then only post...
18th July 2012, 08:51 PM   |  #8  
Gandolff's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East London RSA
Thanks Meter: 37
 
152 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir.Adel

The Android version of Google’s awesome browser Chrome is out. The version is still in beta, but we can confirm that this version is stable and does pretty good even better than the Android stock browser in term of Speed and performance. As we know, Google Chrome is one of the most popular browser in the world, which just took few years to take it to the most used browsers. The mobile version, in this case is Android version is currently available only for the latest Android OS Ice Cream Sandwich. Download and install Google Chrome Beta now and feel the incredibly fast and the impressive performance of this browser. Browse fast on your Android smartphone or tablet, and bring your personalized Chrome experience with you anywhere you go. Chrome for Android is available, initially in Beta, on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.

Download Chrome Beta Link
Android Market Link

Nice, tried downloading this, the dropbox link has expired and market says my phone is not compatible, if that is so then why post this in the wildfire forum??????????????????????????????????
22nd July 2012, 12:36 PM   |  #9  
arjunpratap's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 1
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
does it work on arm v6 ?
22nd July 2012, 06:29 PM   |  #10  
omnomnomkimiiee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Poitiers
Thanks Meter: 271
 
786 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Chrome for Android is an ArmV7 app, it will not work on the HTC Wildfire.

-----------
"You can overclock as much as you want, your phone will always seem too slow."

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes