Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 47,849 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GB/JB] ***Feralab*** Discussion Thread - Break The Limits...

Tip us?

unrealsms
Old
Thanks Meter 6
OK, Fera ? Do i have to format my sd Card before installing this rom ?

I've installed v.14 from the beginning, following the instructions. I have unlocked bootloader and using the recommended doomkernel.

Rom installs quickly, without any issues.

I just install two games at the very beginning - real racing 2 and reckless racing 2.
And here start the problems - i got stuck at the game menu !

I already tryed another rom (DIXPERIA) with these game releases and there are no problems.

No idea what to do and why this happens !

jvx300
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Awesome ROM!

Just wanted to let you guys know I installed the rom last night, so far I did not have any FC or WLOD, everything just works evens maps & places. Very impressed! Make sure you follow the instruction, format everything (except SD card) then run the install. Good luck!

nanodroid
Old
Thanks Meter 38
The only thing I can think of for people having issues with locked bootloader is that either they are not flashing the kernel properly/it doesn't flash properly itself or the kernel doesn't work or just that this rom doesn't support locked bootloaders.
Are you not supposed to see doomkernel logo once you change the kernel instead of Sony Ericsson logo?
[Rom instructions frmo Fera]
(If locked bootloaders having problems in installation, then Mount ALL partitions in recovery (in partitions menu)).
- Patiently wait till Rom installs. Don't rush. It will take about 3 minutes to install. Then reboot.Do not reboot your phone here
- If you are on locked bootloader then boot into xRecovery and install kernel now (without booting rom!) and reboot.

So basically flash kernel straight after flashing rom don't let the rom boot after the rom installation,flash your kernel

If this doesn't work then go and have a holiday
The Following User Says Thank You to nanodroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sambro
Old
(Last edited by sambro; 12th April 2012 at 05:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19xperia88 View Post
sorry, but the gallery does not open. written out load but then the screen goes black and no image appears
Maybe you did something wrong while installing. Even if you didn't, and the problem still persists after a few reboots, go to recovery, wipe everything except sdcard (cache, system, data, dalvik), mount them in the partition menu and reinstall the ROM again (following the installation procedure to the letter, so flash kernel as well). Gallery works for me.

--------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by atintan View Post
How could you open the gallery. It keep getting stuck at Sony Logo
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doerajw View Post
i have install v14 successfully! i am amaze by what it can do! but i notice that the lockscreen is missing! is it just me?
oh and the camera doesnt seem to work! when i open it it give a black screen with all the touchscreen keys but i cnat see any image and i cannot go back and have to restart my phone
Same answer as in the first question. ROM probably didn't settle well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanodroid View Post
How can people manage to not get the lockscreen, that is very weird.
I got a freeze+reboot after selecting messaging. Is that a kernel issue? or sdhould I just lower the frequency to 998? I am using v14 but the first ver.
Re-flash everything again. Try flashing only kernel first, if it doesn't help, try non-overclocked version. If the problem still persists, do the installation procedure again. Same answer as in first question, in that case.

P.S. I would recommend flashing the second version. First had slight issues that have been fixed in second.

---------------------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to sambro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

javagreen
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanodroid View Post
The only thing I can think of for people having issues with locked bootloader is that either they are not flashing the kernel properly/it doesn't flash properly itself or the kernel doesn't work or just that this rom doesn't support locked bootloaders.
Are you not supposed to see doomkernel logo once you change the kernel instead of Sony Ericsson logo?
[Rom instructions frmo Fera]
(If locked bootloaders having problems in installation, then Mount ALL partitions in recovery (in partitions menu)).
- Patiently wait till Rom installs. Don't rush. It will take about 3 minutes to install. Then reboot.Do not reboot your phone here
- If you are on locked bootloader then boot into xRecovery and install kernel now (without booting rom!) and reboot.

So basically flash kernel straight after flashing rom don't let the rom boot after the rom installation,flash your kernel

If this doesn't work then go and have a holiday
I assure you I was flashing everything properly, following the instructions down to the letter but it simply wouldn't work, always got stuck at the SE logo.

So I finally gave up and unlocked my BL, no problems there onwards

nielneal
Old
Thanks Meter 392
using v14 since last 5 hours...gng on perfect n god speed.....battery life is osm n everythng is working even star in messaging app.....smoothness and response r osm......everythng is perfect..........its heavan..........thanks a lot fera.....fabulous job......now the rom is complete
The Following User Says Thank You to nielneal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sambro
Old
(Last edited by sambro; 12th April 2012 at 05:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39
In case someone wants ICS theme (that is not currently available for this ROM through patching), you can install two programs from the market (play) that modify the appearance.

Go launcher EX
ICS theme (requires GO Launcher)

It won't be completely the same as in patch (e.g. background of the settings menu and the lockscreen), but it's the next best thing.

P.S. ICS Music Player works in this version. You can patch it through recovery (install custom zip).

zimmerAndy
Old
Thanks Meter 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielneal View Post
using v14 since last 5 hours...gng on perfect n god speed.....battery life is osm n everythng is working even star in messaging app.....smoothness and response r osm......everythng is perfect..........its heavan..........thanks a lot fera.....fabulous job......now the rom is complete
hey pal you get a lot of thanks from feravolt he reaches his thanks limit so thank you in feras name!!!

prioxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Silly question but I have to ask!In my sd I don't have any ext.So I will flash the rom as OP said or I have to do something else with ext4?Please help
CloudyStock 1.0
Nexus 4 stock rooted with xposed
Sony Ericsson x10 FeraLab v23 Voltage! it rocks!!
Sony Ericsson x10 mini MiniCM7-2.19-Gingerbread 2.3.7 KERNEL: nAa-11
Vodafone Joy 845 Android 2.3.7 - Cyanogen Mod 7.2.0 update 27

sambro
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Changing file system is only related to your system partitions (nand memory), not your sdcard.

Tags
awesome, best rom for x10, blazing fast, discussion, feralab, love it!, masterpiece