5,598,233 Members 47,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GB/JB] ***Feralab*** Discussion Thread - Break The Limits...

Tip us?

nanodroid
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Awesome! but I will suggest you first make your kernel NOT overclocked, to test stability,1-2 days then we can talk about overclocking. (please do not take it wrong) but kernel is being a big pain in the ass, even following your instructions (lower speeds, etc)

FeraVolt
Old
Thanks Meter 12474

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanodroid View Post
Awesome! but I will suggest you first make your kernel NOT overclocked, to test stability,1-2 days then we can talk about overclocking. (please do not take it wrong) but kernel is being a big pain in the ass, even following your instructions (lower speeds, etc)
Dont worry dude) I will make 2 versions..one 1190.4 mhz and another 1036 mhz
***FeraLab***
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FeraVolt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fantastic 7
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hii guys

Just one question (stupid question)

can anybody explain what does EXT4 do for me ??

Or how can i have any benefit of it ??

NuriJ
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastic 7 View Post
Hii guys

Just one question (stupid question)

can anybody explain what does EXT4 do for me ??

Or how can i have any benefit of it ??
Ext4
  • Ext4 stands for fourth extended file system.
  • It was introduced in 2008.
  • Starting from Linux Kernel 2.6.19 ext4 was available.
  • Supports huge individual file size and overall file system size.
  • Maximum individual file size can be from 16 GB to 16 TB
  • Overall maximum ext4 file system size is 1 EB (exabyte). 1 EB = 1024 PB (petabyte). 1 PB = 1024 TB (terabyte).
  • Directory can contain a maximum of 64,000 subdirectories (as opposed to 32,000 in ext3)
  • You can also mount an existing ext3 fs as ext4 fs (without having to upgrade it).
  • Several other new features are introduced in ext4: multiblock allocation, delayed allocation, journal checksum. fast fsck, etc. All you need to know is that these new features have improved the performance and reliability of the filesystem when compared to ext3.
  • In ext4, you also have the option of turning the journaling feature “off”.

Look here for more info http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/05/ext2-ext3-ext4/
ANTI NWO
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NuriJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fantastic 7
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LzVebz View Post
Ext4
  • Ext4 stands for fourth extended file system.
  • It was introduced in 2008.
  • Starting from Linux Kernel 2.6.19 ext4 was available.
  • Supports huge individual file size and overall file system size.
  • Maximum individual file size can be from 16 GB to 16 TB
  • Overall maximum ext4 file system size is 1 EB (exabyte). 1 EB = 1024 PB (petabyte). 1 PB = 1024 TB (terabyte).
  • Directory can contain a maximum of 64,000 subdirectories (as opposed to 32,000 in ext3)
  • You can also mount an existing ext3 fs as ext4 fs (without having to upgrade it).
  • Several other new features are introduced in ext4: multiblock allocation, delayed allocation, journal checksum. fast fsck, etc. All you need to know is that these new features have improved the performance and reliability of the filesystem when compared to ext3.
  • In ext4, you also have the option of turning the journaling feature “off”.

Look here for more info http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/05/ext2-ext3-ext4/

Thanks a lot for the infos but

Should I make the partition of my sdCard to ext4 manually or just install the Rom ??

Ishan Sardar
Old
(Last edited by Ishan Sardar; 14th April 2012 at 11:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Ok I just installed the rom and these are the things that happened and I just wanted to know if its normal:

After the installation (ofcourse as instructed) I did a reboot and then I got the main screen right after, no setup wizard etc etc nothing at all.

Then I had about 6-7 automatic half restarts (means restart started from xperia screen) and a full reboot (started from sony ericsson logo)

Note: All restarts were automatic I didn't do a single thing, I couldn't even get any chance to go to menu as the restarts were soo frequent.

After All that now it seems to be okay i mean its fast and no restarts, not yet!! (phone has been like this for 15 mins now, not much activity tho, just going to menus and slide and stuff) oh and 1 more thing I don't get any lockscreen.

Thank you!!

FeraVolt
Old
Thanks Meter 12474

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan Sardar View Post
Ok I just installed the rom and these are the things that happened and I just wanted to know if its normal:

After the installation (ofcourse as instructed) I did a reboot and then I got the main screen right after, no setup wizard etc etc nothing at all.

Then I had about 6-7 automatic half restarts (means restart started from xperia screen) and a full reboot (started from sony ericsson logo)

Note: All restarts were automatic I didn't do a single thing, I couldn't even get any chance to go to menu as the restarts were soo frequent.

After All that now it seems to be okay i mean its fast and no restarts, not yet!! (phone has been like this for 15 mins now, not much activity tho, just going to menus and slide and stuff) oh and 1 more thing I don't get any lockscreen.

Thank you!!

Reinstall rom
***FeraLab***

Ishan Sardar
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraVolt View Post
Reinstall rom
from the beginning? i mean with same instruction as before with kernel and stuff or just the rom? because i had to install it by following troubleshooting i mean with all mounting and stuff.

maniaco84
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi all! first of all great rom! i have two question, i have flashed Enlighter Script but I want to reinstall the stock browser...how i can do? and also I would ask if possible change the fonts-text? many thanks

x10forevers
Old
Thanks Meter 3917

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniaco84 View Post
hi all! First of all great rom! I have two question, i have flashed enlighter script but i want to reinstall the stock browser...how i can do? And also i would ask if possible change the fonts-text? Many thanks
copy the browser app from zip and put it to the
\system\app folder using any rootexplorer and change permission to execute for every option available

there you go
if u didnt see the browser app still
restart the phone
go to recovery fix permission...
Donate me
My Github
Omni ROM contributor
MoKee Developer

>>Current Device :Xperia Z - Omni 4.4
HTC One - AOKP jb-mr2 release 2
Old Device: Xperia ZL
Nexus 4
LG Optimus G
Samsung Galaxy S3
Galaxy Note 2
Sony Xperia X10
My Contribution :
~~Xperia X10~~
-- PAC-man-JB
-- Paranoid-JB
-- MoKee-CM7
-- Galaxy-S2 port
-- Oxygen and Mildwild Port
-- Meizu MX - CM9

Tags
awesome, best rom for x10, blazing fast, discussion, feralab, love it!, masterpiece