Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Radio downgrade?

Tip us?

PhxkinMassacre
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 471
Default Radio downgrade?

Right so I got the new radios and the battery is terrible compared to the previous radios. So can I just flash the old ones and everything will be good? I'm just asking because I know in calks thread it says some radios are not able to be downgraded and I don't want to have a second bricked evo...

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
"i don't like vacuums, they suck"

{ParanoiA}
Old
Thanks Meter 151
I'm pretty sure you can change to whatever radio you want. In that thread, the only things that say not downgradable are hboots. I would flash any radio the bootloader way and never ever do a battery pull during a radio flash.

Not Sent
HTC ONE M8: S-OFF
ROM: ViperOneM8
RECOVERY: TWRP
KERNEL: Stock

The Following User Says Thank You to {ParanoiA} For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PhxkinMassacre
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by {ParanoiA} View Post
I'm pretty sure you can change to whatever radio you want. In that thread, the only things that say not downgradable are hboots. I would flash any radio the bootloader way and never ever do a battery pull during a radio flash.

Not Sent
Ok thanks

"i don't like vacuums, they suck"

m20120
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxkinMassacre View Post
Right so I got the new radios and the battery is terrible compared to the previous radios. So can I just flash the old ones and everything will be good? I'm just asking because I know in calks thread it says some radios are not able to be downgraded and I don't want to have a second bricked evo...

I just went through the same thing. I upgraded to the radio and kernel from the latest OTA and I was seeing much less battery life. It could be just my imagination but I downgraded both to be sure. You could just downgrade the radio but you may want to reflash your kernel even if you are not downgrading the kernel. He has a note there that a radio flash sometimes required a kernel reflash. Then wipe cache and Dalvik as always before rebooting.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III (Rooted Stock LJ7)
Retired: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 4G
<--- Did I help you? Click Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to m20120 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]