I just wanna share with you my modification of KezraPlane's rom V4. I called it GingerICE, cause I want to give this rom a little of ICS flavour . I took chrsi555 ported notifications and build them into rom, so that you don't need to flash them separately. I've also removed TouchwizUI. Most of the samsung apps are removed (all the hubs , and other s*** stuff, inlcluding Kies, and all samsung widgets). I've tried to strip this rom as much as it can handle, but still keep it functional, and a little social . And I've undo memory swap (so it is just like in original rom), internal memory is mounted on /sdcard, and external memory is on /sdcard/external_sd/
GingerICE 1.0 (Link removed):
- Go Launcher EX (atm it is my favorite launcher)
- ICS Theme for Go launcher EX (you have to aplay it)
- Transparent skins fo Go Launcher Widgets (you have to aplay it, to every widget)
- Go Widget Task Manager (it is very simple to use, and always available on the desktop)
- RAM Manager FREE (just use first option in application: Balance, if you want other options I suggest buying pro application)
GingerICE 2.0 (Link removed):
- updated added apps (GO launcher and additions)
- completly new kernel with OC capability (latest one from Cowithgun!)
- Working SmartAssV2 (credit: erasmux), OnDemandX (credit: imoseyon) and MinMax (credit: erasmux) CPU governors.
- more ram (360MB), and other performance improvements that new kernel brings
- removed some workaround, that I've used for market (been there because of known problems with account), maybe this was causing force close problems to some of you
GingerICE 2.1 both OC and NON OC:
- updated to latest cowithgun kernel, wchi has a fix for playing 720p video with hardware acceleration (now only 359MB ram )
- two versions: with overclock capability (OC) and normal (N)
- File manager ES File Explorer added (if problems with root explorer options, just reinstall manager!)
- updated Go Launcher EX (screenshots are attached, ICS theme and transparent skin for widgets applied)
You flash it with CWM or RZ recovery. BUT FIRST DO A NANDROID BACKUP!!!
WIPE DATA AND CACHE IS NEEDED! Than you can restore apps with Titanium Backup or other similar app.
WARNING!!! If u noticed any strange behavior like, wifi not working (most common one), than I recommend factory reset (or even wipe and new flash), and manually install your apps (that means straight from market). I must say I like to use google's backup system, so when I flash new rom, and put in my google account, I just connect to wifi, and all the apps I had before are just downloaded and installed again automaticly.
If you are having problems with google account when logging to market, just go to aplications and Clear Market cache, and reboot phone.
This is NON OC version, cause OC kernel is not very stable, a lot of users having problems with it, so I rather stick to this one.
ADVICE If you want to use V& supercharger script, it is better to remove RAM manager. I don't know if script works with this rom, there were reported some problems with first version. I am not responsible for script not working.
Use overclocking at your own risk, I won't be responsible for bricking your device, blah blah
This rom wouldn't be here if there weren't this nice people:
KezraPlane, thanks for great rom you have provided us, and all the hard work he put into developing it!
chris555, thanks for your ICS theme port, that gave this rom the name and the look !
Juwe11, thakks for the great app Called RAM Manager, I've added a free version here!
cowithgun for his dedication on developing such good kernels!
and all the other members of this community, that are willing to sacrifice their time, for developing or testing new roms!
If I've didn't gave enough people the credit, please remind me, and I will gladly add every single one !
I didn't add any special scripts, cause it is not recommended using scripts with RAM Manager.
For better battery life I recommend Battery Defender, it is easy to set up and you won't even notice that you are using it.
Ok now try it, and tell me how it works!
IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM 2.0 TO 2.1 YOU CAN ONLY WIPE CACHE.
DOWNLOAD 2.1 OC
Removed Samsung apps can be find HERE or HERE.
Please don't quote this whole post! It uses to much space in thread. Thanks for understanding!