Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD] Whole Internal Memory to SD (>1Gb Free Space)

OP Doc_cheilvenerdi.org

4th March 2012, 01:43 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ferrara - Ravenna
Thanks Meter: 346

123 posts
More
Thumbs down No Custom ROMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosugamer

i am using cyanogenmode 7.2 and my baseband version is ddkt2...so can i use ddkt3 boot.image?

This tweak only works for Stock ROMS...

Anyway any Custom ROM (expecially CyanogenMod) already Deals very well with SD card 2nd partitions:
If you look into /system/etc/init.d you find an init script called 06MountSD (or similar) used to mount any 2nd partition, if found!
This means that, once made a 2nd partition, you can use it immediately with S2e, Link2SD, Ungaze Script, or other scripts found on the network.

I made this tweak to shorten the distance between Stock and Custom ROMS about memory usage... nothing more...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc_cheilvenerdi.org For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 7

77 posts
what about
S5670JPKQ7_S5670OJPKQ4_S5670XWKQ4_HOME.tar.md5
PDA=S5670JPKQ7
is there any chance
Last edited by gn_hanna; 5th March 2012 at 05:01 PM.
5th March 2012, 07:19 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ferrara - Ravenna

123 posts
More
Angry Unsigned Update.zip
Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_hanna

what about
S5670JPKQ7_S5670OJPKQ4_S5670XWKQ4_HOME.tar.md5
PDA=S5670JPKQ7
is there any chance

As usual here we have the newly modded boot image:
...and here the original one:
..and FROM NOW ON... if you have an "unsigned update.zip capable Recovery" (almost every custom Recovery)...
Here we have the update.zip flashable from inside recovery:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc_cheilvenerdi.org For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 7

83 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_cheilvenerdi.org

This is just a relay thread but, please, full read it and then, if you dare, jump to the master one!

Last Year, on December 18, I started the quoted thread for Galaxy Mini, showing a tweak useful to Increase the Internal Memory Size on Stock ROMs simply switching the data filesystem to the second partition of the microSD...

Benefits and disadvantages of this tweak are fully explained and discussed in the quoted Thread.

Question: Why I'm posting here, then?

Answer:
I received requests about tweaking the FIT boot images too...

I studied the FIT kernel vs Mini one and figured out that they are pretty equals (actually they full-match each other but only few stuffs related to post boot hardware detection)

I tried and made few images for FIT, which are shared in post n. 56 of the quoted thread, but - owning a Galaxy Mini - I was not able to test them...

...till now...

Angry about that and waiting for beta testers for them, I compared deep inside Galaxy Mini and Galaxy FIT...

Surprise: If I call them TWINS, the mistake is not so a mistake:

...At Kernel Layer they match each other...
...the bootloaders call the kernel at same memory address...
...boot sequences via ramdisk completely equal...
...system libraries are exactly the same...
...system software and leftovers too...

The only hardware differences don't really need to modify the boot sequence!

THAT'S ALL: I simply tested the FIT images on my Mini and they ends up and running...

THEY WORK!

What's Now?

I'll not repeat the Flashing procedure with Odin - you can read it on the quoted thread - but here are the FIT boot images actually modded and shared:

Your firmware is not listed? ...let me know!

Obviously you need Odin and Ops file ready for your phone model and not the Mini one...

- - -

- - -

- - -

Don't You Like the boot image just installed and You want to revert without flashing the full firmware to the Phone?
Here are the original images ready for Odin:

Thread News!

Have you got an "unsigned update.zip capable recovery"?
Here a list of update.zip files ready to flash without Odin:

i have SD card of 8 GBytes class 4 in my phone...so if i do this to my stock GB rom,will there be any problem of slowing of system ? because i think read/write speed of SD card will have the effect on it....
10th March 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #25  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 740

1,194 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasar

have SD card of 8 GBytes class 4 in my phone...so if i do this to my stock GB rom,will there be any problem of slowing of system ? because i think read/write speed of SD card will have the effect on it....

it gets slow in very cases.best would be to try it urself.pls backup all ur data.
10th March 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ferrara - Ravenna

123 posts
More
Custom ROM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasar

i have SD card of 8 GBytes class 4 in my phone...so if i do this to my stock GB rom,will there be any problem of slowing of system ? because i think read/write speed of SD card will have the effect on it....

The speed loss that I get in the daily usage is between 1% and 5%... and the phone needs more seconds to scan for multimedia files on first boot depending on how many files you put in FAT32 partition...
Actually I've reports about few cases where the performance decreased a lot, but they were issues related to SDcard (poor device or something similar) and get resolved changing the SD itself or fine-tuning the read_ahead parameter using for example the free market application "sd speed increase"... this value changes the read cache of the system... a reliable value that I used is 3Mb, but any single SDcard could work better with a different value (bigger? lower? any hardware device differs)...
I also report (we tried to figure out the problem failing...) about two phones (one Galaxy Ace and One Galaxy Mini) where the problem was not resolved changing the SDcard... maybe an hardware issue, who knows...

Question is: if you are a Game player and you are looking for performance, this mod is not for you...

Notice: I read in your signature "Razodroid"... this tweak only works on stock roms...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NEWS: Actually I'm testing a kernel configuration related to I/O Scheduler... without explaining full details I changed (only on my phone, of course) from deadline to CFQ (Completely Fair Queueing)...
That is: I changed from a Database heavy load architecture to a Preferable Desktop one...

I gained performance a lot but battery discharge faster ...
...System is really much smoother ... is it worthwhile?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc_cheilvenerdi.org For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2012, 01:18 AM   |  #27  
Flag Damietta
Thanks Meter: 63

157 posts
Donate to Me
More
what about this rom:
PDA S5670XWKTI
CSC S5670DBTKT1
1st April 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ferrara - Ravenna

123 posts
More
Thumbs up New Boot Image!
NEW BOOT IMAGE ADDED!

Just added this boot.img
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc_cheilvenerdi.org For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #29  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,866

509 posts
More
Hie can u make 1 with DDKQ3 boot.img...!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rajrocks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2012, 08:59 PM   |  #30  
Flag Puebla
Thanks Meter: 139

572 posts
More
hey doc, can u make it for this?

Enviado desde mi GT-S5670L usando Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread