FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

Updating U20i to 2.2/2.3

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By ArvidsZon, Junior Member on 10th February 2012, 01:33 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello all, im relatively new to this forum.
What i need is an "Upgrade your U20i - For dummies", Becuase my
brother has bought a new android and he keeps brag because he has a newer verision of android than i got.
I have been trying to find some answers to my questions but instead i am just
getting more and more mind ****ed.
 
 
10th February 2012, 01:57 PM |#2  
minachvim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArvidsZon

Hello all, im relatively new to this forum.
What i need is an "Upgrade your U20i - For dummies", Becuase my
brother has bought a new android and he keeps brag because he has a newer verision of android than i got.
I have been trying to find some answers to my questions but instead i am just
getting more and more mind ****ed.

mmm i believe the best update for u20i is to MiniCM7 2.1.8 + nAa - 10 Kernel from NobodyAtAll.

visit the development section of the x10 mini pro to check the rom and the kernel and download them.

i'll revert back to you with a full tutorial on how to flash your phone with an update 2.3.7 within 6 hours as eyes are around me here at work i can't stay on XDA too long!
thanks
10th February 2012, 02:30 PM |#3  
Ticklefish's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 4,881
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArvidsZon

i am just
getting more and more mind ****ed.

I know that feeling. Don't worry though, your level of mind****edness will eventually start to go down the more you hang out in here.
10th February 2012, 02:35 PM |#4  
minachvim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

I know that feeling. Don't worry though, your level of mind****edness will eventually start to go down the more you hang out in here.

hahahaha nice one

i'm with you we all passed through this

and that level is much higher if you were already a developer or software engineer like me :P
10th February 2012, 03:11 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I am now trying to give this guide a shot, is it worth it?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1194499
10th February 2012, 03:17 PM |#6  
minachvim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArvidsZon

I am now trying to give this guide a shot, is it worth it?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1194499

it is worth it to read but it's somewhat complicated for you to apply all of it.

if you can wait i'll try to write a tutorial for you tonight and all the new people here about how to root and how to flash new kernel and new Rom
Last edited by minachvim; 10th February 2012 at 03:19 PM.
10th February 2012, 03:19 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minachvim

it is worth it to read but it's somewhat complicated for you to apply all of it.

if you can wait i'll try to right a tutorial for you and all the new people here about how to root and how to flash new kernel and new Rom

So you say that i should not use that guide?
10th February 2012, 03:30 PM |#8  
minachvim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArvidsZon

So you say that i should not use that guide?

no you can use that guide but it's too long that's all and remember use CWM recovery and not xRecovery
10th February 2012, 03:34 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minachvim

no you can use that guide but it's too long that's all and remember use CWM recovery and not xRecovery

It says "Note: All Froyo and Gingerbread ROMs installs with CWM"
so i dont have to download cwm?
10th February 2012, 03:39 PM |#10  
minachvim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArvidsZon

It says "Note: All Froyo and Gingerbread ROMs installs with CWM"
so i dont have to download cwm?

u have to install CWM in order to flash a ROM either Froyo or GB
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes