5,599,337 Members 38,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] CyanogenMod 9.1 / CyanogenMod 10 by MacławStudios (update: 02.09.2012)

Tip us?

bagnz0r
Old
Thanks Meter 2924

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoffyburito View Post
Sent from the Nokia Galaxy Nexus Arc 5530 Live with Walkman S2 XL XE S X 3G CDMA LTE T-mo PSN Certified Plus with Beats Audio
I laughed. Hard.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bagnz0r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ASHLEY117
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Question secure rom?

when updating su binaries i noticed that su couldn't mount system as ro,
root explorer cannot change it bk to ro either.
seems unsecure for all to be rewritable and executable by group and others in permissions.
HAVE A "SPANKIN" DAY!

iHades
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagnz0r View Post
I laughed. Hard.
I was laughing at Beats Audio to be fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle-pe View Post
Hey everybody.
A girlfried of mine wants an newer version of android on her phone.
She actually has a rooted 2.3.6 Gingerbread with Stock-Rom.
I also installed CM9 on my SGS. Are those both version of CM9 ICS
for ACE and SGS compareable?
Are there any heavy bugs in there? The girlfriend only want to use this
phone for all-day-use.

Greetings
Julian
Don't update her phone just yet, if she's not the type that likes tweaking and tinkering with her phone then this ROM is just not for her. You'll have to wait until ROM is out of the Beta stage, and maybe even until the final update.

maxadamo
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macław View Post
Samsung libcamera is too much connected with GB and it doesn't matter what I add to framework, it's still cannot connect to camera. I have fixed camera for Gio, so I'll do it for Ace.

Wysłane z mojego GT-S5660 za pomocą Tapatalk
How about the kernel module gspca ? It works on some other ICS device, and supports hundreds of cams under Linux.

As for the hotspot wifi I see on another device a module named hotspot_event_monitoring (but this is something I am only deducing from the name. Not sure).

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
@ALL: please remove those 30 lines, stroboscopic signatures, with rotating images, 3D animations and embedded movies and so far and so on.
Nobody need it and you'll be responisble for the 80% of browser crashes in the whole world and 90% of the internet slowdown process.
p.s.: I am not really kidding. We don't need to read signatures. We need to read articles.
Thanks for your understanding.
Macław Old
(Last edited by Macław; 28th February 2012 at 06:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxadamo View Post
how about the kernel module gspca ? It works on some other ics device, and supports hundreds of cams under linux.

As for the hotspot wifi i see on another device a module named hotspot_event_monitoring (but this is something i am only deducing from the name. Not sure).

Sent from my gt-p1000 using xda app
Camera is working in kernel, it's only problem with libcamera!!!!

I don't have break from school now, like at last two weeks, so you must be patient and wait a few days ;)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crueldevil19
Old
Thanks Meter 4
ace general thread has 17 times more posts as compared to gio.....but the quality of developers for gio are astounding......if it wasnt for maclaw, ace ICS development would have gotten to a standstill in the absence of wayland...

maxadamo
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by crueldevil19 View Post
ace general thread has 17 times more posts as compared to gio.....but the quality of developers for gio are astounding......if it wasnt for maclaw, ace ICS development would have gotten to a standstill in the absence of wayland...
I have no idea what happens on that thread (and even don't know how galaxy gio looks like). Anyway you are right. We all appreciate their big effort.

P.s.: Guys did any of you notice the good quality of audio? It's really impressive in my opinion.... In my case with Google Music, as Cyanogen Player doesn't work for me..... I don't know if it happens because I activate some stuff in DSP Manager... Anyway I'm happy with Google player.

@ALL: please remove those 30 lines, stroboscopic signatures, with rotating images, 3D animations and embedded movies and so far and so on.
Nobody need it and you'll be responisble for the 80% of browser crashes in the whole world and 90% of the internet slowdown process.
p.s.: I am not really kidding. We don't need to read signatures. We need to read articles.
Thanks for your understanding.
The Following User Says Thank You to maxadamo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Macław Old
(Last edited by Macław; 28th February 2012 at 08:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Quote:
I have no idea what happens on that thread (and even don't know how galaxy gio looks like). Anyway you are right. We all appreciate their big effort.

P.s.: Guys did any of you notice the good quality of audio? It's really impressive in my opinion.... In my case with Google Music, as Cyanogen Player doesn't work for me..... I don't know if it happens because I activate some stuff in DSP Manager... Anyway I'm happy with Google player.

Big thanks ;)
It means you're enjoying my new libaudio ;)
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zekepliskin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
P.s.: Guys did any of you notice the good quality of audio? It's really impressive in my opinion.... In my case with Google Music, as Cyanogen Player doesn't work for me..... I don't know if it happens because I activate some stuff in DSP Manager... Anyway I'm happy with Google player
I did actually. It sounds better than my old setup with CM 7.1, even with identical DSPManager settings. Impressive stuff - as if it's an entirely new, better audio chip.

I think my favourite thing is the font rendering, it's so iPhone-like in comparison to the (still very good) CM 7 builds: smaller but more readable, which means fitting larger amounts of text on screen. Have had some browsing related problems, but that is probably because I have desktop user agent (don't like scaled down mobile site versions).

Looking forward to Beta 4 or Release Candidate 0 or whatever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
Oh, and if anyone thinks that their screens are a tad flicker-y, here's what you do.
Firstly, change the window animations , and transmition animations to 0.5x. You can do that by going to settings -> Developer options, scroll down, and change them.
Secondly, enable 16-bit transparency. You can do that by going to settings-> Performance, and tick the box.
Now, reboot, and enjoy :D The only downside to this is that it makes the cursor a bit hard to type with.
My quick test with these settings gives me much smoother animation, and for my money the keyboard is less laggy too, great because I was getting annoyed with trying to use Talk and Messaging and having more mistakes than usual.
The Following User Says Thank You to zekepliskin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SjPedro22
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macław View Post
Camera is working in kernel, it's only problem with libcamera!!!!

I don't have break from school now, like at last two weeks, so you must be patient and wait a few days ;)
Well Maclaw, you and the team have done so much that you deserve a break from here...and besides your future is much more important than a successful ICS build.
Ignore the people begging,the requests for ETA's....just do what you must for the best future possible.

The builds,the firmwares,the modules and of course the community will be here waiting and rooting for your success. Both academic and in development

The Following User Says Thank You to SjPedro22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
ace, camera does work but not fully, cm10, cm9, galaxy, gt-s5830, ics, jelly bean, samsung, unofficial
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe