Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DISCONTINUED][KERNEL][GPL][13 JUN - r6] franco.Kernel 3.0.15

Tip us?

mdrjr
Old
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
@Franco

no CIFS on Testing kernel?
Do you plan to add it back on #10 ?
Galaxy Note N7000 - 2.3.6 Stock XXLC1 + Francos Kernel.
Xoom MZ604 - OTA 4.0.3 + root + Tiamat Dev kernel + tools.

boogeyman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
does anybody know how long does the testkernel has the "test"status?

eagleofdeath13
Old
Thanks Meter 90
As long as needed by franco to make all its improvement on it ^^
(or maybe i'll never become official, and the next official would be for ICS)

sotmax
Old
(Last edited by sotmax; 29th March 2012 at 09:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleofdeath13 View Post
As long as needed by franco to make all its improvement on it ^^
(or maybe i'll never become official, and the next official would be for ICS)
cannot agree more

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

more and more people seems that having trouble with a specific kernel.
Someone came from cf root ,another one came from v9 or abyss....
Lets get a little serious as many of us having trouble we re not making anything more than comfused the developer.
There are so many data in our devices that we have to understand what is in and what out.
You can easily messed them up by mistake and only.
For example you can go from a rom to another just by wiping dalvik and cache and loose no data at all but this is not the correct way.
If you ll try out 2 or 3 kernels there are some tweaks in there that cannot be wiped.
The easiest way is with jbdroid and wipe but if you want serious the best way is to take a backup wipe everything and start from scratch.
Only then you ll be sure that there is nothing in there to corrupt or conflict something else.
For me it is better to go a step forward and wipe also the internal/external memory(backup first).
For sure it is very easy to change kernel or a rom in a bus or a coffe shop but the best way is to sit down and make it correct
**mobile phone repairing-phone unlocking and software development**
>>>> I will not respond to technical questions or guides through pm. There is a whole forum for that <<<<
<<----little thanks button really helps
if you like my work consider a donation to chidrens not me

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sotmax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

appro77
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotmax View Post
cannot agree more

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

If you ll try out 2 or 3 kernels there are some tweaks in there that cannot be wiped.
The easiest way is with jbdroid and wipe but if you want serious the best way is to take a backup wipe everything and start from scratch.
Only then you ll be sure that there is nothing in there to corrupt or conflict something else.
For me it is better to go a step forward and wipe also you internal/external memory(backup first).
For sure it is very easy to change kernel or a rom in a bus or a coffe shop but the best way is to sit down and make it correct
You have raised some very good points here.

audioph1le
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Running the Test Build with CheckRom V6.

Today my Note was so hot like never before. I was recharging it from very low % of battery while the phone was in idle.
When I was going to unplug it, the whole phone was extremely hot. Holding my finger for 2 seconds on the display was painful... Battery was at 90%.
PS: The display stays often black, when trying to wake it up. With #9 this didn't happend so often.

sotmax
Old
(Last edited by sotmax; 30th March 2012 at 12:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5169
Mine only with that kernel is cool down and with chainfire's.Look to something else except kernel.run a jbdroid and install it again...

) ) ) over the air on galaxy note ( ( (
**mobile phone repairing-phone unlocking and software development**
>>>> I will not respond to technical questions or guides through pm. There is a whole forum for that <<<<
<<----little thanks button really helps
if you like my work consider a donation to chidrens not me

duowing
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I may have to do this and completely wipe everything and start from fresh LC1 with the test kernel and see if I still encounter the random long wakeup times. That's my only real problem with that kernel. I'm already missing the better battery life and speed of franco's.
Current Devices:

Nokia Lumia 920 - Yellow
Nokia Lumia 1020 - Black

Previous Devices:
Incredible -> Fascinate -> Thunderbolt -> HD7 -> Galaxy Note -> Samsung Focus -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S III(i777) -> Galaxy S III(i9300) -> Galaxy Note II(N7100) -> Galaxy Note II(i317)

M3TALLICA
Old
Thanks Meter 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioph1le View Post

Today my Note was so hot like never before. I was recharging it from very low % of battery while the phone was in idle.
When I was going to unplug it, the whole phone was extremely hot. Holding my finger for 2 seconds on the display was painful... Battery was at 90%.
PS: The display stays often black, when trying to wake it up. With #9 this didn't happend so often.
Delete 3rd party init.d scripts. Right now I'm writing this from phone while it's charging (charging and using it for last 20 mins) and temp is just 45C.

skd
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioph1le View Post

It happened to me once... I had restart my note and issue has went. I have noticed that phone was anormally hot and charging was very very slow. I thought that there was a cpu sucking process at the background...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Tags
kernel
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe