XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][CM9]Evernote/Kindle UI for ICS

Tip us?

kar_
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
OMG can you do this for aldiko too?
The Following User Says Thank You to kar_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kem-El
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Hey guys (and probably gals too) I'm sorry I haven't posted anything yet ... Work's been kinda hectic ...it appears I have some time this weekend, so I'll look into the kindle app ... If I have time (if the kindle is easy), I'll look at aldiko too

Since I don't really use these apps .. screenshots would help, I realize they'd be doctored and/or annotated

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kem-El For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ronjan
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Can this be done for Opera Mobile Browser also ? Love it !! Many thanks Kem - El !

kar_
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
this would be great. http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...d-for-tablets/ The movie on this page shows what it would look like in tablet mode. When you install it on your nook you should be able to see the phone mode.

you can also download the apk from their own website: www.aldiko.com whithout the market.

zombieflanders
Old
Thanks Meter 60
FWIW the official Kindle app update that just showed up on my GN claims that it's fixed margins and spacing on tablets. I'm not near my Nook, but let us know if it works.

12paq
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
FWIW the official Kindle app update that just showed up on my GN claims that it's fixed margins and spacing on tablets. I'm not near my Nook, but let us know if it works.
Yeah unfortunately it's not fixed on the Nook Color or the Touchpad.

I'll upload a picture of the Kindle app and describe the differences of tablet mode and phone mode on the Nook. I am very interested in having my NC as well as my TP displaying the Kindle app correctly for landscape mode. Without the split screen with two pages displayed in landscape mode, it's a long traverse to read a line across the entire length if the tablet. Lol

If you still have time to look into this, I would be very grateful. No worries either way.

Thanks for the Evernote fix!
~ a random gallery of my photographic work ~
...............___________________

.....- for Andriod and stuffs, you can follow me here
.....- for my commercial photography follow me here

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3400

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12paq View Post
Yeah unfortunately it's not fixed on the Nook Color or the Touchpad.
It is fixed in CM9 on the nook color. I have tested it. The margins and line spacing is much improved. You still cannot adjust them, but it is very readable. Make sure you have the very latest version.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here

12paq
Old
(Last edited by 12paq; 20th March 2012 at 05:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
It is fixed in CM9 on the nook color. I have tested it. The margins and line spacing is much improved. You still cannot adjust them, but it is very readable. Make sure you have the very latest version.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk
Hi leapinar,
I am on the latest version and the Kindle app is not in tablet mode at 160 dpi. I do see the changes you mentioned. However just to be clear, when you hold your Nook in landscape orientation does the screen split and have two side by side pages like an open book?

Edit: I disassembled the apk, but it is not clear at all to me what is triggering the tablet view/install. I tried a few edits and reassembled the apk and nadda.. At this point I am just blindly throwing darts..
~ a random gallery of my photographic work ~
...............___________________

.....- for Andriod and stuffs, you can follow me here
.....- for my commercial photography follow me here

Kem-El
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Guys,

Sorry about disappearing ... I was out of town for work for a couple of days and busy on a new work project.

I've looked at the new version of the Kindle app, and yes the margins are better, but having the ability to adjust them like the phone would be ideal.

I'm looking at the code to see if I can just swap out the tablet reader view with the phone view, giving us the phone menu options.

A little slow going ...

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Necromancyr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_ View Post
this would be great. http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...d-for-tablets/ The movie on this page shows what it would look like in tablet mode. When you install it on your nook you should be able to see the phone mode.

you can also download the apk from their own website: www.aldiko.com whithout the market.
Would just like to second this - the app is actually semi-unusable without it being switched because there's no way to access 'menu' (no hard button on the NC and no softbutton shows up in the app).